Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters S Final Discussio

Postby Wildey

despite never winning or even reaching the final yet in shanghai Selby is the most succesfull player in the event with 4 semi finals in 5 years and he beat king 5-1 in last seasons tourno.

Postby SnookerFan

Lately it has been noticable that there have been a better range of adverts on Eurosport. You get that Dynamic Korea one, and Turkish Airlines made an appearance the other day. But I've seen several adverts for actual products now. I even saw a film trailer for The Warriors earlier.

Eurosport adverts are on the up. :hatoff:

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:lads

any thoughts on how you see the robbo v williams match going ?

Too close to call Gj.

As far as who i,d like to be the winner of this match is concerned,well i like both,so all i can say on this one is,"may the best man win" :-)

If Robbo wins Gj,then i,ll be expecting nothin less than a Fosters Lager from you!.
:guinness: :-)

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:lads

any thoughts on how you see the robbo v williams match going ?

Really really close one. Mark Williams has had final-reaching form more recently then Robertson has. But Robertson has had off the table distractions.

On his day Robertson can beat anybody, I feel. But really hard to tell whether it'll be his day this afternoon.

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Wildey

Selby just rubberstamping his position as the World no 1....

Germany wins a PTC then to shanghai and reaches a final in 2 different time zones theres so much more to being world no 1 that driving up to sheffield every spring and do well there.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Selby just rubberstamping his position as the World no 1....

Germany wins a PTC then to shanghai and reaches a final in 2 different time zones theres so much more to being world no 1 that driving up to sheffield every spring and do well there.

Can he finally win another ranker, that's the question. And how will he fare if he plays Mr. 100% ?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Can he finally win another ranker, that's the question. And how will he fare if he plays Mr. 100% ?

you are defined by the end of your career with what you won thats only right but rankings do not take in to consideration what you won 3 years ago in rankings it dont matter if Murphy has a world title that was 6 years ago.

its 2 years thats all that counts Selby has been consistant in that time

only 3 times in 13 main Ranking tournaments that is included in the 2 year rolling points hes failed to make the Quarters and reached the semis 6 times and now 3 finals.

that what its about with rankings.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

you are defined by the end of your career with what you won thats only right but rankings do not take in to consideration what you won 3 years ago in rankings it dont matter if Murphy has a world title that was 6 years ago.

its 2 years thats all that counts Selby has been consistant in that time

only 3 times in 13 main Ranking tournaments that is included in the 2 year rolling points hes failed to make the Quarters and reached the semis 6 times and now 3 finals.

that what its about with rankings.

I agree with you. Selby is a better player then is 'one ranking tournament, and we're going to pretend The Masters doesn't count' status implies.