Topic locked

Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Q Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Monday 5th~Sunday 11th of September at the Grand Stage in Shanghai.

Mark Selby and Mark Williams the Top 2 Players in the World,John Higgins the World Champion is through to this round but Ronnie O'Sullivan has been beaten by Anthony Hamilton so he wont be repeating his 2009 win his last Ranking Title to date

So Who will progress in the Event and put their Name on the Trophy for the first time ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

LIVE STREAMING

PREDICTION CONTEST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 9th of September

7.30am BST

Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy
Mark King v Anthony Hamilton

12.45pm BST

John Higgins v Neil Robertson
Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Q Final Discussio

Postby Snooker Overdrive

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Two crackers and two comfortable wins coming up tomorrow.

Elaborate?

Cracker No. 1: Selby - Murphy: Shaun will raise his game and it will be a very close match
Cracker No. 2: Robertson - Higgins: look at their head to head history

Comfortable Win No. 1: Williams beating Stevens - Williams will severly punish Stevens mistakes, 5-2 or so
Comfortable Win No. 2: Hamilton beating King - maybe not that comfortable but 5-3 or so

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Two crackers and two comfortable wins coming up tomorrow.

Elaborate?

Cracker No. 1: Selby - Murphy: Shaun will raise his game and it will be a very close match
Cracker No. 2: Robertson - Higgins: look at their head to head history

Comfortable Win No. 1: Williams beating Stevens - Williams will severly punish Stevens mistakes, 5-2 or so
Comfortable Win No. 2: Hamilton beating King - maybe not that comfortable but 5-3 or so

Selby, Higgins, Williams and King for me.

Postby kostasmad

I think the 3 matches will be close. Williams will edge Stevens with ease.

Matthew would be too happy being in the top-16, thus seeded in UK and Masters that will probably get drunk tonight...Odd couple that is...If it wasnt for Williams, Stevens would have been a World Champions and twice a UK Champion...

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:A Higgins/Williams v Selby final would be tasty.

I think Williams would beat Higgins should they meet, John is still a man playing himself into form.

I doubt Williams will beat Higgins.

I would like to see a Robertson - Selby final, it's time they meet in an important match.

higgins has been a load of marmite all season hes not playing well and hasent.....Mark on the other hand has performed to a far higher level than Higgins

its time someone puts him to bed ffs.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:higgins has been a load of marmite all season hes not playing well and hasent.....Mark on the other hand has performed to a far higher level than Higgins

I know but I still don't think Williams will beat him, I learned from the past. Robertson has a MUCH better chance in my opinion.

Wild wrote:its time someone puts him to bed ffs.

:hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

The Essex CHAVS showing their true colours today; Bingham on twitter, and O'Sullivan as usual with his pathetic unsportsmanlike conduct.

The next time O'Sullivan is on a 147 attempt, the opponent should smash the remaining balls all around the table, and then set them up for the next frame.

O'Sullivan you are nothing but an illiterate, attention seeking, piece of garbage.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:The Essex CHAVS showing their true colours today; Bingham on twitter, and O'Sullivan as usual with his pathetic unsportsmanlike conduct.

The next time O'Sullivan is on a 147 attempt, the opponent should smash the remaining balls all around the table, and then set them up for the next frame.

O'Sullivan you are nothing but an illiterate, attention seeking, piece of garbage.

:zzz: buck sake. I'm as glad as the next man that Hamilton beat Ronnie, but even as a fellow I am a twat, I get bored by you keep on about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:A Higgins/Williams v Selby final would be tasty.

I think Williams would beat Higgins should they meet, John is still a man playing himself into form.

I doubt Williams will beat Higgins.

I would like to see a Robertson - Selby final, it's time they meet in an important match.

higgins has been a load of marmite all season hes not playing well and hasent.....Mark on the other hand has performed to a far higher level than Higgins

its time someone puts him to bed ffs.

It's really been tough match-play from Higgins this week. And against Davis in particular, he was missing shots all over the place. But that's the sign of a top player. When you can play poorly, and still get across the line.

How has Robertson played anybody? His form has been poor since becoming a daddy. It's about time he had a performance.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:On the subject, I saw that Higgins vs Bingham match over the Ronnie match, which maybe was a mistake. How did Hamilton play? Did Ronnie implode, or was Hamilton good value for the win?

Hamilton was quite strong today. Ronnie didn't miss much but everytime he did he was punished severely.
Hamilton didn't look like missing when he was in.

Postby SnookerFan

Could it be Hamilton's week? Shanghai traditionally has a qualifier winner. Though that tradition came about when it was the first tournament of the year, and the qualifiers had played more then the top-16. Not the case now with the Ozzie Masters, the PTCs and the foreign exhibition events in July. The top players have had time to warm up now.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:what did ronald do i missed it ?

He conceded the last frame whilst Hamilton was at the table, and in pursuit of another century.

Funny thing is that Quentin Hann tried doing the same to Ronald in the UK one year and Ronald wouldn't allow it, but in the end Hann just smashed the balls everywhere so Ronald couldn't continue.

Hann :ahh: