Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters W C/Last 32 Discu

Postby hendry_fan

:mood: FLIPPIN ECK!!!!! as they often say in Scotland!. :mood:

Worrying stuff for Hendry and his fans but as Casey says,"That's the first time he has lost in the first round to a player that is not Martin Gould in over two years".
It can happen,but it,s a shock result all the same,juding by the "live scoreing" Hendry could hardly string a 20+ break today,whereas Milkins shot a couple 40+ breaks.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote::mood: FLIPPIN ECK!!!!! as they often say in Scotland!. :mood:

Worrying stuff for Hendry and his fans but as Casey says,"That's the first time he has lost in the first round to a player that is not Martin Gould in over two years".
It can happen,but it,s a shock result all the same,juding by the "live scoreing" Hendry could hardly string a 20+ break today,whereas Milkins shot a couple 40+ breaks.

yes droping out of the top 16 isnt the issue he needed to beat williams to stop that happening then hope results goes his way but the way he lost was well embarasing.

Postby randam05

buck sake, where can I watch Gould beat ding? Soon as he comes back and starts playing well they turn it off! what the buck do eurosport think theyre doing!? Its not even on fromsport now! GRR I want to see ding get knocked out :mood:

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:buck sake, where can I watch Gould beat ding? Soon as he comes back and starts playing well they turn it off! what the buck do eurosport think theyre doing!? Its not even on fromsport now! GRR I want to see ding get knocked out :mood:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/10/6/v-300642.html

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:in Hendrys first season he only played in 6 Rankers and the Doubles was open to him.

Hendrys first full season was in 85 then <ok>

if 6 rankers wasnt a full season for him, then the last decade under Walker doesnt count. :no:

unless of course it means Trump got into top 16 on his 1st full season on tour :john:

6 rankers wasn't even a third of the tour back then.

Compare that to Higgins/Williams and O'Sullivan who had more rankers to play in plus a ton more matches through all the qualifiers.

yes compare that to the work load Steve Davis and the top guys had

rubbish Case and rubbish Wild

so there was 18 rankers then <laugh>

Hendry didnt play all the invitational events cos he wasnt a top name like Steve Davis

JUST LIKE Ronnie / Higgins / Williams didnt when they first emerged

Hendry had tons of qualifiers to play before he was in the elite too just like these guys.

Anyway enough of this, only one thing to say about Hendry today :john:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:buck sake, where can I watch Gould beat ding? Soon as he comes back and starts playing well they turn it off! what the buck do eurosport think theyre doing!? Its not even on fromsport now! GRR I want to see ding get knocked out :mood:

cheers wild, working now :-)

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:

cheers wild, working now :-)

your lucky i like you

not in the best of moods :grrr:

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 7th of September

12.45pm BST

Ding Junhui 3-4 Martin Gould Eurosport
Neil Robertson 3-1 Liang WenboStreaming
Stephen Hendry 1-5 Robert Milkins
Matthew Stevens 4-2 Stephen Lee

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:So u wanting Hendo to get a WC to the Masters then Wild haha

I am. Jimmy got one when Hearn knew it would be his last. This is now certain to be Hendry's last season on tour so he deserves the honour even more than Jimmy.

Postby hendry_fan

witz78,I,m happy i did,nt see him play today,i had my eagle eyes on the live scoring and that did my head in enough!. >-( <laugh>

The only wee consolation for the Scots,is that we beat Litauen yesterday evening,maybe thats why Hendry could hardly string a 20+ break together today,he probably had drink too many :drunk: ;-)

Postby Witz78

hendry_fan wrote:witz78,I,m happy i did,nt see him play today,i had my eagle eyes on the live scoring and that did my head in enough!. >-( <laugh>

The only wee consolation for the Scots,is that we beat Litauen yesterday evening,maybe thats why Hendry could hardly string a 20+ break together today,he probably had drink too many :drunk: ;-)

1-0 over Lithuania whoppee doo, no chance of qualifying anyway so 14+ years of hurt continues

hed prob play better with a drink in him to be honest

Postby Wildey

i do infact think not being in the top 16 will help him..

trying to maintain that 23 years inside the top 16 was becoming a burden as it did with Steve Davis end of the 90s.

now he will have a real decition to make retire or knuckle down as a qualifier.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:

I am. Jimmy got one when Hearn knew it would be his last. This is now certain to be Hendry's last season on tour so he deserves the honour even more than Jimmy.

could be argued Davis should have got one last season on the back of his efforts in the WC

but they were done away with last year so i dont think Hearn will do a U-Turn this year.

Personally id like to see all previous World Champions on tour invited back to play the Masters since thats the name of the tournament, similar to the golf Masters.

So that would be Davis, Doherty, Ebdon and Hendry would be invited plus as a legend of the game Jimmy would also take a place.

Its invitational anyway so i dont know why it ALWAYS has to be the top 16, in theory it could be any players at Wemb, er Ally Pally

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

could be argued Davis should have got one last season on the back of his efforts in the WC

but they were done away with last year so i dont think Hearn will do a U-Turn this year.

Personally id like to see all previous World Champions on tour invited back to play the Masters since thats the name of the tournament, similar to the golf Masters.

So that would be Davis, Doherty, Ebdon and Hendry would be invited plus as a legend of the game Jimmy would also take a place.

Its invitational anyway so i dont know why it ALWAYS has to be the top 16, in theory it could be any players at Wemb, er Ally Pally

Your proposal is ridiculous.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

agree but he is scottish and they are pretty rediculous this afternoon <laugh>

Postby randam05

Wow those shots from martin Gould were unbelievable! What a few shots hes played there. 3 Of the best shots ive seen to win a frame in that situation. Hes got some nerve has gould!

Well done, very glad to see him get through there!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 7th of September

12.45pm BST

Ding Junhui 3-5 Martin Gould
Neil Robertson 5-1 Liang Wenbo
Stephen Hendry 1-5 Robert Milkins
Matthew Stevens 5-2 Stephen Lee

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

Hows it ridiculous? Heantr should give the fans what they want to see, we see the top 16 every week virtually, pick the creme of them and throw in some legendsto the mix i say.

Im sure Joe Punter would rather see these 5 players making up the 16 man field than the likes of Mark Davis, Bingham etc

Anyway there was once talk that previous WC would get to the Crucible, even as far back as the early 90s so Reardon, Spencer, Higgins etc when they 1st started failing to qualify.

Postby snooky147

Well my bet was dead and buried when Gould was 3-0 down but him winning along with Stevens, Milkins and Bingham puts me in great shape for the final two matches tomorrow and while I would obviously like it to win it does not matter as long as LEE got beaten. :happy: :excite: