Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters W C/Last 32 Discu

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:so its milkins for Hendry

this will be a indication of how bad hendry is......milkins is meat and drink to stephen normally.

http://www.snookerdatabase.co.uk/HeadTo ... layerKey=2

yeh he has a 100% record v Milkins with 5 wins out of 5.

i like his 100% record v Mountjoy too :D

well the mountjoy one is definitly wrong lol

i remember him beating doug in atleast 2 matches heres one in 1989 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Classic

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

this will be a indication of how bad hendry is......milkins is meat and drink to stephen normally.

i remember him beating doug in atleast 2 matches heres one in 1989 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Classic

was that a ranker tho?

im pretty sure looking at the lists that these are solely rankers they are taking into account

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

was that a ranker tho?

im pretty sure looking at the lists that these are solely rankers they are taking into account

yes dubai classic final

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Oooh, Murphy vs Dale (should it happen) and Ronnie vs Wattana could be interesting. Two matches where the seeded players are favourites, though it'd be good to see Wattana again. See how he performs. And see Murphy vs the :bowdown: one.

Dale could have time for a bit of toast before he plays Murphy <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Monday 5th of September

12.45pm BST

Dominic Dale 5-3 Cao Xinlong
Nigel Bond 5-2 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Robert Milkins 5-0 Tang Jun
Michael Holt 5-3 Cai Jianzhong

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 6th of September

7.30am BST

Ali Carter v Mark King Streamed
Shaun Murphy v Dominic Dale Streamed
Mark Allen v Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon v Fergal O'Brien

12.45pm BST

Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Wattana Streamed
Mark Selby v Nigel Bond Streamed
Stephen Maguire v Anthony Hamilton
Jamie Cope v Jack Lisowski

one match in each session will be on Eurosport tomorrow

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:well what a waste of time wildcard day was yet again

we coulda had 4 top class round 1 games to watch today instead of that tripe

it needs sorting

by my estimation 2 or 3 of the wild cards wasent even chinese

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Oooh, Murphy vs Dale (should it happen) and Ronnie vs Wattana could be interesting. Two matches where the seeded players are favourites, though it'd be good to see Wattana again. See how he performs. And see Murphy vs the :bowdown: one.

Yeah cant wait! They better televise the dale one!

And yeah Im looking forward to seeing results of bond, and hamilton. I reckon hamilton will beat maguire.

Postby Witz78

i can understand the use of Wildcards in the German Masters where there trying to showcase European players and help develop things, but China doesnt need this anymore, its on a different level.

I still think given the size of China and the number of players that they should have their own national tour which almost serves as an apprenticeship for future stars with perhaps top 8 getting onto the main tour each year so they dont have to bother with Q School / nominations, plus more snooker there would satisfy the needs of the Chinese public to see regular snooker on their doorstep whilst also making stars of the top players in their homelands before they crack it abroad.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i can understand the use of Wildcards in the German Masters where there trying to showcase European players and help develop things, but China doesnt need this anymore, its on a different level.

I still think given the size of China and the number of players that they should have their own national tour which almost serves as an apprenticeship for future stars with perhaps top 8 getting onto the main tour each year so they dont have to bother with Q School / nominations, plus more snooker there would satisfy the needs of the Chinese public to see regular snooker on their doorstep whilst also making stars of the top players in their homelands before they crack it abroad.

jesus i feel ill ...

i.........................agreeeeeee..............................with............................................YOU :shock:

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:The problem with such slow paced matches is that if you are even slightly jet-lagged and it's all long sessions in the seat and broken rhythm, your concentration slips inevitably.

Good point. Lets make the Shanghai Masters a Pot Black event. :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:i can understand the use of Wildcards in the German Masters where there trying to showcase European players and help develop things, but China doesnt need this anymore, its on a different level.

Actually that's not too bad an idea. And would get rid of the idea that you have to have Chinese wildcards to give the Chinese somebody local to root for. (Which was a stupid reason anyway, to be fair. In each tournament they're bound to have at least one Chinese player with Ding there. If not more with the large amount of Chinese players these days.)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

This tournament is wide open - Murphy, Selby, Williams, Ding, Dott, Trump and Higgins are the favourites on paper.

Ronnie has a very good draw. Wattana is probably the easiest possible opponent in the draw. Maguire isn't also too bad for a last 16 match. A quarter against Carter or Ebdon wouldn't be bad either.
This a very good opportunity for Ronnie to get some points.

Shanghai Masters 2011 :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This tournament is wide open - Murphy, Selby, Williams, Ding, Dott, Trump and Higgins are the favourites on paper.

Ronnie has a very good draw. Wattana is probably the easiest possible opponent in the draw. Maguire isn't also too bad for a last 16 match. A quarter against Carter or Ebdon wouldn't be bad either.

Trump has a pig of a draw as a seed .

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This tournament is wide open - Murphy, Selby, Williams, Ding, Dott, Trump and Higgins are the favourites on paper.

Trump has a pig of a draw as a seed .

Oh yes, it won't get any tougher than this week for him all season but Higgins is still not at a 100% and Bingham isn't anymore, so a quarter final is very possible or maybe even more.

Postby Wildey

to be honest Bingham hardly gave 100% after Australia he had other things on his mind so we dont really know how hes been playing and Trump beeing in and out ....

out of the 4 in that quartet Higgins has been strugling the most this season ...it will be one hell of a tournament i feel unwrangling this draw out to see who comes through.