Mark Williams v Andrew Higginson Streaming
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham
Graeme Dott v Michael Holt

12.45pm BST

Ding Junhui v Martin Gould Eurosport
Neil Robertson v Liang WenboStreaming
Stephen Hendry v Robert Milkins
Matthew Stevens v Stephen Lee

Fine selection of matches there. Getting them both taped, but should only be able to watch one. It's got to be Ding vs Gould hasn't it? :-D You'd expect Honest John to have too much for Mark Davis, but you never know. He's not made the best start to the season.

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters W C/Last 32 Discu

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Wednesday 7th of September

7.30am BST

John Higgins v Mark Davis Eurosport

12.45pm BST

Fine selection of matches there. Getting them both taped, but should only be able to watch one. It's got to be Ding vs Gould hasn't it? :-D You'd expect Honest John to have too much for Mark Davis, but you never know. He's not made the best start to the season.

Judd Trump - Stuart Bingham should at least be a streamed match. Two ranking event winners of 2011 going head to head should have priority over a Williams walkover.

Postby mishcka

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Wednesday 7th of September

7.30am BST

John Higgins v Mark Davis Eurosport

12.45pm BST

Judd Trump - Stuart Bingham should at least be a streamed match. Two ranking event winners of 2011 going head to head should have priority over a Williams walkover.

He would've got tv table if not playing at the same time as Higgins and Williams!
(Stating the Obvious!)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Odrl wrote:It looks like the draw has opened up for O'Sullivan, but I'm not too sure he will see it that way. He will have to play two very methodical players to get through now.

Of course Ronnie isn't going to walk over these three but he'll prefer them to Selby/Higgins on every day of the week.

But I'm also wondering that's going with Joe Perry - he lost 1-5 to Wattana and if James played anything like today we really have to worry about the Gentleman.

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's incredible how unbalanced a draw can be:

Ronnie is ranked 10. and has to play Wattana (No. 65), Hamilton (39) and King (30)/O'Brien (35) to reach the semi finals.
Trump is ranked 9. and has to play Bingham (12), Higgins (3) and possible Robertson (5) or Dott (11) to reach the semi finals.

its the luck of the draw really plus if seeds tumble then thats not Ronnies fault.

But as for the first round opponents, well the fact Bingham is 12th provsionally is the perfect example of why PROPER ROLLING RANKINGS should be implemented so the true top 16 are at events.

God know what the World Championship 1st round draw will throw up given theres 4 full rankers not counting towards seedings before it.

Could have 2 top 5 guys playing in round 1

and also someone down to about 26 playing number 80

Postby Wildey

Odrl wrote:It looks like the draw has opened up for O'Sullivan, but I'm not too sure he will see it that way. He will have to play two very methodical players to get through now.

and Hamilton can knock them in very well and slow.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:

The point is that players like Hamilton and King are One-Match-Players. Once in a while they can defeat anyone in the first round but after that match their game is gone. We have seen it a thousand times. Best example Masters 2011: King - Selby.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

The point is that players like Hamilton and King are One-Match-Players. Once in a while they can defeat anyone in the first round but after that match their game is gone. We have seen it a thousand times. Best example Masters 2011: King - Selby.

agree it will be one hell of a surprise if Ronnie dont win through to the semis now

Postby SnookerFan

That buggers up Seifer's theory that every ranking event, Ronnie gets a tough draw. <laugh>

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

agree it will be one hell of a surprise if Ronnie dont win through to the semis now

Who is he due to play in the SF's?

I will bet anyone on here he will tank it at some stage....

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

They tend to pick names over matches, to be fair. Though Judd Trump is a name in himself these days, and his match with Bingham should be a corker. As you say, them being two ranking event winners would capture the imagination too.

This is the other side of the UK Championship shortening. I'm very against it, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, when matches like that are getting left off telly, well.... You can at least see why they took the decision.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:and Hamilton can knock them in very well and slow.

Selby/cope/murphy or Allen

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:and Hamilton can knock them in very well and slow

Selby/cope/murphy or Allen

Sorry I meant to say QF's.

However no Higgins in his half so he is lucky enough ;-)

Postby Wildey

Thing is they Could easily make this a 2 table event plus get 4 Wild Card Matches

Take the Aussie Open Format

Monday

10 am 2 Wild Card Matches
1pm 2 Last 32
Followed by 2 Last 32
7.45am 2 Last 32

Tuesday

10 am 2 Wild Card Matches
1pm 2 Last 32
Followed by 2 Last 32
7.45am 2 Last 32

Wednesday

1pm 2 Last 32
Followed by 2 Last 32
7.45am 2 Last 16

Thursday

1pm 2 Last 16
Followed by 2 Last 16
7.45am 2 Last 16

Friday

2.30pm 2 Quarter Finals
7.45pm 2 Quarter Finals

Postby randam05

Great win for Hamilton from 4-3 down. Super win infact! All with flowing stuff by the looks of it. He is such a great breakbuilder and ranked 10th or 11th in the all time century list? Which is deserved. Im so glad he won that match. Tough game for him next, I dont think he can do it. I would fancy him against most of the other players in the tournament though.

And the Dale match was horrible to watch from 4-1 up. It was typical of the Dale I was used to seeing 2/3 seasons ago. He started off super and I thought he would win the match comfortably after the interval. Thats why I predicted it, but hey ho!