Topic locked

Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

31st of July ~4th of August

its only the end of July and already the Second Ranking Tournament of the season gets underway. The Shanghai Masters was established in 2007 with Dominic Dale the First Winner beating fellow Welshman Ryan Day in the final.

The Defending champion will be Ali Carter, can he successfully defend his title ?

But Before that its Qualifying and in action this week are Luca Brecel,Kacper Filipiak,Jimmy White,Jack Lisowski,Steve Davis,Ken Doherty,Liang Wenbo,Martin Gould and Australian Goldfields Open Champion Stuart Bingham.

Who will be the 16 that Qualifies ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 1st of August

10am

Dechawat Poomjaeng v Tian Pengfei
Michael White v Simon Bedford
Matthew Couch v James Wattana
Bjorn Haneveer v David Hogan
Paul Davison v Li Yan
Aditya Mehta v Stuart Carrington

2.30pm

Daniel Wells v David Grace
Scott Mackenzie v Adam Wicheard
Andrew Pagett v Robin Hull
Kacper Filipiak v Andrew Norman
Passakorn Suwannawat v Adam Duffy

7pm

Sam Baird v Yu Delu
Sam Craigie v Kurt Maflin
Joe Meara v Cao Yupeng
Ben Woollaston v David Gilbert
Liam Highfield v David Morris

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Good luck to the winner of Wells and Grace

what is it with you and jack ??

did you want to live with Judd and you feel betrayed ???

awwwww he needs some loving

JackLisowski Jack Lisowski
Lying on the sofa sipping lemsip with a packet of tissues watching a programme on Harry Potter yo!

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Good luck to the winner of Wells and Grace

what is it with you and jack ??

did you want to live with Judd and you feel betrayed ???

alex doesnt like jacks attitude i think

Postby Wildey

Luca Brecel playing Andy Duffy on Sunday. they met last season during Amateur Round of PTC 3 in sheffield and Adam Duffy won.

will he get revenge now as Professionals ?

Postby Wildey

Right who are you hoping to qualify

my Hopes are

Tian Pengfei
Michael White
Joe Perry
Ken Doherty
Dominic Dale
Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski
Jimmy White
Robin Hull
Kacper Filipiak
Luca Brecel
Martin Gould
Liang Wenbo
Xiao Guodong
Dave Gilbert
Liam Highfield

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Right who are you hoping to qualify

my Hopes are

Tian Pengfei
Michael White
Joe Perry
Ken Doherty
Dominic Dale
Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski
Jimmy White
Robin Hull
Kacper Filipiak
Luca Brecel
Martin Gould
Liang Wenbo
Xiao Guodong
Dave Gilbert
Liam Highfield

Some good names there, actually. A mixture of youth (Wenbo, Lisowski, Brecel) and the elder players that have recently showed some form (Dale, Doherty). Also forum favourite Martin Gould will provide entertainment, especially for the ladies. ;-) I wouldn't mind any of them qualifying.

Though if somebody had told me before the Australian Open that Stuart Bingham would provide shed-loads of entertainment, I'd have looked like this rofl But he did. So, any qualifier that provides with anywhere close to that kind of spectacle is okay with me.

Postby Wildey

id just prefer Gilbert to qualify rather than bingham <laugh>

Gilbert is close to the top 64... Qualifying next week could cement his place for the next cut off he is to good a player to be in relegation dog fight.

Postby Bourne

Meh when the choice is Davis, Gunnell or McLeod then i'd take Rory every time tbh, at least he adds some talking points in some way or form.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Meh when the choice is Davis, Gunnell or McLeod then i'd take Rory every time tbh, at least he adds some talking points in some way or form.

but i chose neither Davis,Gunnell or Mcleod but a 20 year old Highfield and you still went for Mcleod :roll:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Meh when the choice is Davis, Gunnell or McLeod then i'd take Rory every time tbh, at least he adds some talking points in some way or form.

but i chose neither Davis,Gunnell or Mcleod but a 20 year old Highfield and you still went for Mcleod :roll:

How often have you seen him play :shrug:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

twice

he looks the real deal he just needs a run hopefully this week.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

twice

I think it would be a great result for the game globally if a Jamiacan can go well <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:but i chose neither Davis,Gunnell or Mcleod but a 20 year old Highfield and you still went for Mcleod :roll:

twice

I think it would be a great result for the game globally if a Jamiacan can go well <ok>

a dolly mixture you mean

A ENGLISH JAMAICAN MUSLIM

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:What you're basically saying is you hate Rory ... which in turn makes me want Rory to do well :chuckle:

don't hate him .....your right he does make matches interesting snooker needs the likes of Rory as contrast to the likes of Judd or Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:great start from Luca wins the frame in one visit he leves duffy asking for mercey at 1-0

Duffy got down on his knees and asked for mercy? Mark Allen should be criticising his bottle, not Bingham's.