Topic locked

How much are you looking forward to this?

A tremendous amount. Highlight of the season. Why can't it start already?
33%
I'll probably give it a go, see what it's like. But I'd prefer a traditional ranker
33%
This looks awful. I won't watch a second of it.
33%

Total votes : 6

How much are you looking forward to this?

Postby SnookerFan

I said in the main discussion post I head into this with a bit of trepidation, as I feel it might be a bit gimmicky for my personal taste. But it seems like a lot of people are looking forward to this, and I'll give it a fair go.

How much are other people looking forward to this?

Re: How much are you looking forward to this?

Postby GJ

Option 3

the Open golf , tennis and Tour de france on

not a chance im waching the BS event

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:Option 3

Even if there were no other sports on i wouldnt bother

But with the Open golf , tennis and Tour de france on

not a chance im waching the BS event

I find the Tour De France dull, I didn't even know there was a golf tournament on until I channel surfed onto it this afternoon, and didn't even know there was any tennis on until you mentioned it just now. rofl So I am as good as being in the situation of 'there being no sport on'.

I do intend to try it though, so I'm option 2.

Postby Wildey

ill watch every single frame i can its proper rules snooker no power zone bullocks or some ball in hand wallyness or pips going off every minute its real snooker.

wont say its the highlight of the season though lol theres some highlights to come i hope <laugh>

but im looking forward to it.

Postby randam05

Im really really looking forward to this to be honest.

Some unheard names, hours and hours of coverage, some great names, lots of nationalities, the fun and banter between doubles, seeing how players will work together in alternate shots, plenty of prize money, plenty of prestige, fun and interesting format, proper snooker as wild says and a week long. Im sorry but why not watch this?

Looking forward to it very much. Although as me and jade have to attend school, we are recording and there arent enough hours to watch all when we come home, so I have recorded the better 3 matches of the days.

Cant wait.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I'll probably watch none of it but not because it looks awful, it just doesn't appeal to me. No vote <ok>

That's Option 3, surely.

No, because it doesn't look awful.

Postby porridge

I voted for option 1.

But if I was to be sincere about this, I wouldn't go as far as considering it the highlight of the season - would be a huge overstatement - more like the highlight of July snooker-wise. And option 2 would have been too jaded in my view anyway.

I especially like the idea of alternate shots, the possibility of so many things going wrong with any team spirit cos of one poor positional shot. Anything like that may be highly unlikely to happen but still I do like to fantasize about it.

Postby Roland

It's good for a bit of variety and it's one thing many people have called for prior to Hearn taking over so I wish it all the best but it doesn't float my boat personally.