Topic locked

Re: PTT-EGAT World Cup Discussion !!!!

Postby Roland

Liang is quality, god knows what's going on with him. I reckon he must've been coached to death, that's the only explanation. When he was on the rise all you'd hear was people going on about him taking on the wrong shot and this is wrong and that is wrong etc etc. He should've been left to get on with it because he was doing great. It's really surprising to see him struggle like this. Even though I can't see it.

Postby Wildey

Wild wrote:price money http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/PTTEGA ... 97,00.html

approx
winner £125,000
Runner up £62,500
Semi-finals £37,500
Quarter-finals £19,000
Third in group £10,000
Fourth in group £8,000
Fifth in group £4,500
High break, group stage $3,000
High break, knock-out stage £9,350

£436,000

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Liang is quality, god knows what's going on with him. I reckon he must've been coached to death, that's the only explanation. When he was on the rise all you'd hear was people going on about him taking on the wrong shot and this is wrong and that is wrong etc etc. He should've been left to get on with it because he was doing great. It's really surprising to see him struggle like this. Even though I can't see it.

he still taking on the same shots thing is they not going in the same...he hasent compromised at all.

shot selection is different to coaching his shot selection not changed so hes not listened to criticism.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:OK it must be his technique then. He needs a coach.

:-)

I Just think he was a devil may care potter he got some success and he started to care and he felt the pressure from that.....

its not a big problem he looked very fluent today in a competition where fluency isnt easy..... he just needs good wins to get confident up.

Postby Wildey

Best teams today was Northern Ireland and China and no coincident the both teams had attacking players...

this format doesn't work as well where there's slow and negative players because you get even more negative.

Postby Dannyboy

Was it just me who thought the relationship between Robbo and Mifsud was a bit frosty? They didn't chat much and Robbo looked far from impressed.

Postby Dannyboy

Wild wrote:Best teams today was Northern Ireland and China and no coincident the both teams had attacking players...

this format doesn't work as well where there's slow and negative players because you get even more negative.

Its just been a crap day all round (apart from the Tha-Aus match).

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:
Wild wrote:Best teams today was Northern Ireland and China and no coincident the both teams had attacking players...

Its just been a crap day all round (apart from the Tha-Aus match).

you did not watch china v malta and NI v India then because both those matches was better than tha-Aus

Postby Wildey

Monday 11th of July

1pm

Australia 4-1 Thailand 1
Northern Ireland 4-1 India

Followed by

Germany 1-2 Egypt
China 3-2 Malta

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Wild wrote:price money http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/PTTEGA ... 97,00.html

approx
winner £125,000
Runner up £62,500
Semi-finals £37,500
Quarter-finals £19,000
Third in group £10,000
Fourth in group £8,000
Fifth in group £4,500
High break, group stage $3,000
High break, knock-out stage £9,350

£436,000

<ok>

Nice!!

Big money for these guys!

Postby Wildey

ill tell you what by next sunday they would have earned every single penny.

its going to be a grind all week this is for the purists.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:ill tell you what by next sunday they would have earned every single penny.

a series of best of ONE matches :john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:ill tell you what by next sunday they would have earned every single penny.

a series of best of ONE matches :john:

<laugh> :gag: rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Ireland beat Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup(R.I.P. Bob Woolmer)

Pakistan beat Ireland in the Snooker World Cup!

Upside down world!

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Ireland beat Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup(R.I.P. Bob Woolmer)

Upside down world!

rofl rofl

pay back time

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Ireland beat Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup(R.I.P. Bob Woolmer)

Upside down world!

2-1 Pakistan

Shilpa Shetty has maintained a higher profile than Spoiral since their Big Brother appearances :D

Postby PLtheRef

7 RANDAM
7 KINGKAUTO
7 MARKSELBYNO1FAN

6 SUNDAYGIRL
6 ROCKETRON

5 WILD
5 DRLOG
5 SNOOKERFAN
5 JADECHELSEA
5 PLTHEREF

4 PORRIDGE
4 ODRL

3 ALEXOPAUL

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Wild, what's the line-up for tomorrow?

Thats Witz on the right after a night out at a random 80's bar!

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Liang is quality, god knows what's going on with him. I reckon he must've been coached to death, that's the only explanation. When he was on the rise all you'd hear was people going on about him taking on the wrong shot and this is wrong and that is wrong etc etc. He should've been left to get on with it because he was doing great. It's really surprising to see him struggle like this. Even though I can't see it.

He seemed to play alright today, especially considering he was so fuck-awful against Maguire on Thursday.

Postby SnookerFan

How is everybody else finding this? Had the odd frame on, saw a bit of Ireland vs Pakistan and China vs Malta (which was a more interesting match), but I can't say I've been super-gripped.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:How is everybody else finding this? Had the odd frame on, saw a bit of Ireland vs Pakistan and China vs Malta (which was a more interesting match), but I can't say I've been super-gripped.

:fart: :wave:

Postby GJ

wild

i see robbo was in action how did he do