Post a reply

Higgins gets Dental gift

Postby Casey

ALEX Higgins is set to receive crucial dental implants which will allow him to eat properly again – thanks to the generosity of a Manchester dental company.

61-year-old Higgins lost his teeth following radiotherapy treatment for throat cancer and has been living off baby food ever since.

Tuesday night’s fund raising event was arranged by Higgins’ former PA Will Robinson, in the hope that the £20,000 required for the vital surgery could be raised from charitable donations.

However the organisers were left stunned when The Smile Centre UK’s Barrie Semp offered to donate the dental implants and dentures required for free.

"Higgins was such a huge snooker talent in his day," Semp said after the event.

“It is so sad to see him suffering purely because he doesn’t have a decent set of teeth. I realised I was in a position to help, so I offered to donate the dentures and the implants required to help Alex get his life back on track.”

Higgins’ former PA, Robinson is also hoping that the new dentures will represent a big turning point for the two-times world champion.

“Alex is living in a tiny flat in Belfast and has been living off baby food for years. It's so sad,” he said.

"He's still loved by many and we're hoping people will remember what he brought to the sport. It would be amazing if he could get better and, who knows, one day made it back to the table."

This is a great act of generosity. Hopefully this will lead to improved health for Alex. :)

Re: Higgins gets Dental gift

Postby Alex0paul

I am glad they are donating the implants as I doubt whether or not Higgins would have used the required money for them.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Someone will need to take the responsibility of getting him there now to make sure that this is done, sit with him too. Otherwise.....

Postby Roland

How long before a headline such as "Higgins bites ref!" after the transplant?

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:How long before a headline such as "Higgins bites ref!" after the transplant?

I expect him to bite the nurse first. :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:How long before a headline such as "Higgins bites ref!" after the transplant?

I expect him to bite the nurse first. :evilgrin:

light relief after the stress of the last week rofl