Post a reply

Re: It's on

Postby SnookerFan

I just came on to post this.

Surprising news, if I'm honest.

I mean, I couldn't be less surprised that Hearn has tried to push on with it. Stubborn as he is. But I am surprised that he got permission to do it at this stage.

Postby SnookerEd25

It is the qualification process which I see as being the main stumbling block to this, as things stand.

But we'll see...

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerEd25 wrote:It is the qualification process which I see as being the main stumbling block to this, as things stand.

But we'll see...

Yes. There will be a number of withdrawals, but it would be close to 100 matches. I think today's announcement is mainly about TV scheduling so the qualifiers probably haven't been top of the agenda.

If there is a limit on 'large gatherings' they may have to bounce some ticket-holders. Any volunteers?

Postby SnookerEd25

I volunteer SnookerFan!

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:I volunteer SnookerFan!

I'm thinking I'm going to get a refund on my tickets for the final, anyway. They're supposed to be contacting us next week explaining how to get refunds if you want them.

I really don't want to go somewhere where there's a lot of fans in August. Even if the government has declared it safe by then. I know there's a good chance they'll roll over tickets to next year, but sod it. I was only going because final tickets are so usually hard to come by. It was a sort snap decision only a week or so before the coronavirus blew up, and truth be told I've already mentally accepted that I'm not going.

Maybe I'll change my mind in the next week, but at the moment I'm veering towards a refund.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:I volunteer SnookerFan!

I'm thinking I'm going to get a refund on my tickets for the final, anyway. They're supposed to be contacting us next week explaining how to get refunds if you want them.

I really don't want to go somewhere where there's a lot of fans in August. Even if the government has declared it safe by then. I know there's a good chance they'll roll over tickets to next year, but sod it. I was only going because final tickets are so usually hard to come by. It was a sort snap decision only a week or so before the coronavirus blew up, and truth be told I've already mentally accepted that I'm not going.

Maybe I'll change my mind in the next week, but at the moment I'm veering towards a refund.

If you can roll it over to next season’s final why not do that? By the time it arrives they’ll feel like free tickets!

Postby SnookerEd25

SF, i’m still a little dubious about how those final tickets became available at such short notice; do you think a few people were returning theirs for refunds because they had wind that this whole sh*t was about to hit the fan?

Or am I just allowing my paranoia to get the better of me...?

Postby Alex0paul

If it’s a capped audience then I’m sure the more expensive seat holders will be the ones allowed in

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:SF, i’m still a little dubious about how those final tickets became available at such short notice; do you think a few people were returning theirs for refunds because they had wind that this whole sh*t was about to hit the fan?

Or am I just allowing my paranoia to get the better of me...?

I think that's exactly what happened.

Literally, I only ordered a fortnight or so before things started kicking off and the country was put on lockdown. The China Open and Italy rugby games had already been cancelled/postponed, but nothing else.

Stupid me at the time did think, "What if The Crucible is cancelled due to the coronavirus?", but even then it just felt like something that wasn't that big a threat. At least not in the UK. I was soon disabused of that notion. <laugh>

I bought them because they'd been returned. And, the Crucible final tickets these days are so impossible to get, I think the only reason they had been returned was due to people worrying about what was coming.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:If you can roll it over to next season’s final why not do that? By the time it arrives they’ll feel like free tickets!

The question is if.

I mean I got an e-mail basically saying the tickets would be rolled over to the summer, if possible. If not they'd be rolled over to next year. They're going to e-mail me next week letting me know how to ask for refunds, if I want them.

If by next week, they can tell me for definite the tickets are going to be rolled over to next year, I might assess how I feel. But if not, I'll probably just get a refund.

To be honest, like I say, I was only going because it's usually so difficult to get tickets to the final these days. I was in two minds anyway, as I have been to two finals previously. I think I booked it for no other reason than the opportunity was there. I've been to The Crucible so often, I'm almost blase about it now. So I'll just see how I feel, and what's going on with it next week.

There's a few other factors too which are long-winded, boring to everybody but myself and just not worth me explaining to any one.

Point is, I'm going see what stage I'm at next week when they send me the refund option.