Post a reply

Re: Very fun video chat between Hendry and Ronnie

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:If ROS will win 2 more WC's I will make a huge pork meat cake that has "ROS GOAT" written on it and deliver it to Vodka's house. :mosh:

I am not sure Vodka will allow your pork to enter him

<laugh>

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:My only fear is if he goes ahead and does that, he might have brilliant seasons like the last 2, winning 5 tournaments each, but then fall short at the Worlds, either because of lack of motivation or simply doesnt care

Interesting thing my dad told me earlier which I didn't know myself was that ROS was never meant to be a guy to reach Hendry's records, he was a nearly man for an early part of his career to the point people started fearing he might go down the Jimmy White route so when he won his 1st WC, that monkey was lifted from his back and he didn't get that tag anymore. Mission was accomplished

#2 and #3 were more like solidifying his career coming with no expectations then all of a sudden #4 and #5 happened on the bounce, again with really no expectations and when he won his #5, that's when Ronnie started to actively think about breaking Hendry's record but Ronnie was never meant to be a player to reach these type of numbers in the first place along with other TC events and equalling Hendry's #36 ranking tournaments

dunno if you agree but I found it interesting

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:
Andre147 wrote:My only fear is if he goes ahead and does that, he might have brilliant seasons like the last 2, winning 5 tournaments each, but then fall short at the Worlds, either because of lack of motivation or simply doesnt care

Interesting thing my dad told me earlier which I didn't know myself was that ROS was never meant to be a guy to reach Hendry's records, he was a nearly man for an early part of his career to the point people started fearing he might go down the Jimmy White route so when he won his 1st WC, that monkey was lifted from his back and he didn't get that tag anymore. Mission was accomplished

#2 and #3 were more like solidifying his career coming with no expectations then all of a sudden #4 and #5 happened on the bounce, again with really no expectations and when he won his #5, that's when Ronnie started to actively think about breaking Hendry's record but Ronnie was never meant to be a player to reach these type of numbers in the first place along with other TC events and equalling Hendry's #36 ranking tournaments

dunno if you agree but I found it interesting

yes I know what you mean.

There was a time, even ROS too, when i really thought he would finish his career with just 3, but then 2012 came along, and especially Steve Peters helped him massively to have a new mental approach, and yes after his 5th Hendry's 7th seemed like within reach.

Even Hendry himself was certain he would win the 2014 Final, and if he had I think he might have been on 7 by now.

Not meant to be, and I don't think he can reach 7, but at least one more should be within his reach.

Postby vodkadiet1

Johnny Bravo wrote:If ROS will win 2 more WC's I will make a huge pork meat cake that has "ROS GOAT" written on it and deliver it to Vodka's house. :mosh:

Pork Meat Cake? Never seen one of those in the Birthday Cake section of a supermarket!!

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:yes I know what you mean.

There was a time, even ROS too, when i really thought he would finish his career with just 3, but then 2012 came along, and especially Steve Peters helped him massively to have a new mental approach, and yes after his 5th Hendry's 7th seemed like within reach.

Even Hendry himself was certain he would win the 2014 Final, and if he had I think he might have been on 7 by now.

Not meant to be, and I don't think he can reach 7, but at least one more should be within his reach.

Yh he should be on 7 going for record breaking 8th but he messed up too much. 2005/2006/2014 are the ones that got away but 2005 was the worst imo if he just stayed a bit patient against Ebdon in 2005 he would've annihilated Murphy and Stevens after and he had PLENTY of chances to kill it off but Ronnie always had a problem with slow players during that time, especially vs Ebdon.

Similar in 2014 but he started playing a bit safe trying to protect his lead instead of pushing on. I always thought that first day felt like 11-6 or even 12-5 but ended up 10-7

I know he said if he could change one result it'd be 2014 final but 2005 has to be a close second.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Better part of ten years since he did anything in the Worlds.

Over a year since a ranking win.

One is possible

Who you talking about?

Certainly not ROS. His last title there came 7 years ago, his last final 6 years. It's a long time by HIS standards, but nowhere near what you describe.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Acé wrote:
Yh he should be on 7 going for record breaking 8th but he messed up too much.

What a ridiculous statement.

By your logic Mark Davis should be on 29 by now but he messed up too much. <doh>

He would have, if The Crucible had been played under six-red rules.

Postby chengdufan

We're halfway towards this happening.

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:

We're halfway towards this happening.

I’m just struggling to envisage this ‘pork meat cake’. Maybe it’s a Brazilian euphemism that’s lost on me.

Postby HappyCamper

First, take one pound of good salt pork,
From stripes of lean quite free,
And chop it with your chopping-knife,
As fine as it can be.

Then add one cup of water warm,
One of molasses too,
And one of sugar, clean and brown,
That will for sweetening do.

You may add spice to suit your taste.
Cinnamon, allspice, clove,
With raisins, and some citron too,
That it quite rich may prove.

Oh, I'd quite forgot to say,
You must add too, in a trice,
One teaspoonful of soda, that
It may rise light and nice.

You need not measure out the flour,
But mix it very hard,
Or else you'll find 'twill be so short
You'll not have your reward.

Now all is ready, — bake quite slow,
And von my word mny take,
That when 'tis done, you will confess
That you've a nice "Pork Cake."

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:First, take one pound of good salt pork,
As fine as it can be.

One of molasses too,

But mix it very hard,

rofl :clap:

Postby Dan-cat

HappyCamper wrote:First, take one pound of good salt pork,
As fine as it can be.

One of molasses too,

But mix it very hard,

Lolz what the hell is this HappyC!!

Postby HappyCamper

recipe for pork cake innit.

can't vouch for it's authenticity tbh. but it would have been quite common historically for traditional recipes to be passed down orally using verse. obviously the printing press and mass literacy being modern phenomena. and poems/songs are easier to remember.

saw a show at edinburgh where a guy recited some examples.