Post a reply

Re: The Eurosport and BBC alternative Crucible shows.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:When did referees change from saying, “1, [player name]” to, “[player name], 1” at the end of a break?

As a guess, I would say 83/84.

Referees would also shout out the score in the frame several times a frame, unless the frame was won very quickly.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:When did referees change from saying, “1, [player name]” to, “[player name], 1” at the end of a break?

As a guess, I would say 83/84.

Referees would also shout out the score in the frame several times a frame, unless the frame was won very quickly.

Yeah just heard the ref on the other table do that. (Funnily enough he’s also saying the player’s name first at the end of a break.)

Postby Prop

Just tuned in at the moment Davis played a perfect 3 cushion safety tucking in behind the blue, and not a ripple of applause. Tough crowd.

Tell me they’ll put 92 and 94 on at some point? Those finals are forever etched into me.

Postby SnookerFan

I like how classy and subtle the commentary is. Nowadays Taylor would've mentioned golf four times in this frame, and they'd have spent the rest of it spunking themselves because they saw Selby's wife. You've barely heard the commentator here. Only talking when necessary.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:I like how classy and subtle the commentary is. Nowadays Taylor would've mentioned golf four times in this frame, and they'd have spent the rest of it spunking themselves because they saw Selby's wife. You've barely heard the commentator here. Only talking when necessary.

I wish you would only talk when necessary

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:I like how classy and subtle the commentary is. Nowadays Taylor would've mentioned golf four times in this frame, and they'd have spent the rest of it spunking themselves because they saw Selby's wife. You've barely heard the commentator here. Only talking when necessary.

I was just thinking the same. Quite enjoy it actually.

Postby csprince

good point.

Postby Prop

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

You don’t get to 50 billion posts by doing that!

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl

To be fair, I deserve that for my earlier crack about you.

Postby csprince

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl