Re: Crucible Classics #18

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:Imagine being a Ronnie and a Selby fan after 2014 WC

Imagine being a Federer and a Djokovic fan after all those Wimbledon losses

doesn't sound right does it?

Why not?

Postby D4P

I'm a Ronnie fan who likes Selby as a person, but not so much as a player. Taking 6 minutes to play a (relatively straightforward) shot is simply inexcusable.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:I'm a Ronnie fan who likes Selby as a person, but not so much as a player. Taking 6 minutes to play a (relatively straightforward) shot is simply inexcusable.

Yeah - that 6 minute shot was embarrassing.

I found Selby excellent to watch until the last year or two.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ace most Judd Trump fans don't like Ronnie and vice versa. So I find it weird why you're up Ronnie back side so much. I dislike both Ronnie and Selby but I remember celebrating like mad when Selby beat Ronnie in the 2014 World championship final.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:You having a laugh? Ronnie's your fav player? I've seen you insult him plenty + you defend Selby to the death. You don't sound like a Ronnie fan at all otherwise you wouldn't think Selby is unbeatable. I've met loads of Ronnie fans when I attend matches and they all hate Selby

Man so many frauds here

Oh, buck off. I don’t need to prove myself to you. My posting history speaks for itself as others will tell you.

You’ve been banned from here longer than you’ve been a member so what you’ve seen means very little.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:Ace most Judd Trump fans don't like Ronnie and vice versa. So I find it weird why you're up Ronnie back side so much. I dislike both Ronnie and Selby but I remember celebrating like mad when Selby beat Ronnie in the 2014 World championship final.

Neither attitude makes much sense to me, to be honest.

Ronnie and Judd are cut from the same cloth so unless you hate one of their personalities (which would be valid for either of them) it seems weird to love one and hate the other, especially to the point that you’d rather they lose to another player you hate.

Likewise, I don’t understand why some people think you can only like one style of play. Great safety play can be as interesting as a big break.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm sure Judd and Ronnie like each other. Ronnie used to be with Grove as well and Judd has said he has learned a lot from Ronnie.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Ace most Judd Trump fans don't like Ronnie and vice versa. So I find it weird why you're up Ronnie back side so much. I dislike both Ronnie and Selby but I remember celebrating like mad when Selby beat Ronnie in the 2014 World championship final.

Neither attitude makes much sense to me, to be honest.

Ronnie and Judd are cut from the same cloth so unless you hate one of their personalities (which would be valid for either of them) it seems weird to love one and hate the other, especially to the point that you’d rather they lose to another player you hate.

Likewise, I don’t understand why some people think you can only like one style of play. Great safety play can be as interesting as a big break.

I grew up a Stephen Hendry fan and always disliked Ronnie when I was a little kid. Mainly due to his overall attitude. Judd came along and I loved his style of play and the way he played. I used to love his hair too when he was in his late teens. I had pretty similar hair to that so it was rare for a Snooker player to have hair like that. Judd was my 2nd favourite and then once Hendry retired became my favourite and my strong dislike for Ronnie has continued.

Postby Juddernaut88

Don't get wrong Ronnie is the greatest player of all time no question about that. Everyone would love to have his ability. But just a player I've never liked.

Postby Acé

Why would I care what you like and don't like? Judd and Ronnie fans are far closer than Ronnie and Selby fans btw or Ronnie and Hendry fans it's only recently the rivalry heated up because they played in so many finals but it's nowhere close to Ronnie/Selby divide.

I dislike Selby and Hendry so sorry if that offends you but at least I wouldn't say Lisowski would beat Selby in a hypothetical world championship match despite my dislike of Selby so you do you, and I'll do me. I don't have to like what you like

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:You having a laugh? Ronnie's your fav player? I've seen you insult him plenty + you defend Selby to the death. You don't sound like a Ronnie fan at all otherwise you wouldn't think Selby is unbeatable. I've met loads of Ronnie fans when I attend matches and they all hate Selby

Man so many frauds here

Oh, buck off. I don’t need to prove myself to you. My posting history speaks for itself as others will tell you.

You’ve been banned from here longer than you’ve been a member so what you’ve seen means very little.

Don't care what you've posted before I can only make a judgement based on how you talk to me and you come off as a Selby fan, you get triggered to the max whenever Selby is insulted. I don't see you do that for your so called favourite players.

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:

Why would I care what you like and don't like? Judd and Ronnie fans are far closer than Ronnie and Selby fans btw or Ronnie and Hendry fans it's only recently the rivalry heated up because they played in so many finals but it's nowhere close to Ronnie/Selby divide.

I dislike Selby and Hendry so sorry if that offends you but at least I wouldn't say Lisowski would beat Selby in a hypothetical world championship match despite my dislike of Selby so you do you, and I'll do me. I don't have to like what you like

Did I say like who I like? Noo all I said I just find it weird how much you bum Ronnie when you're a Judd Trump fan. I would predict Lisowski to beat most players because I get behind players that I'm a fan of! Even though deep down I know he probably wouldn't beat the likes of Selby or Ronnie in a long frame match.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Man so many frauds here

Don't care what you've posted before I can only make a judgement based on how you talk to me and you come off as a Selby fan, you get triggered to the max whenever Selby is insulted. I don't see you do that for your so called favourite players.

Actually, you can judge on my entire posting history. It’s visible for all to see.

When do Ronnie, MJW and Ding get the kind of rubbish that Selby does? Do they constantly get called talentless grinders? They don’t need defending. Well, except when people accuse Ding of having no bottle which is also bull.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:This Ace seems a fair and insightful poster.

Nah - just some millennial snowflake.

Probably learnt snooker from that Snooker19 video game and thinks he knows it all now.

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:Did I say like who I like? Noo all I said I just find it weird how much you bum Ronnie when you're a Judd Trump fan. I would predict Lisowski to beat most players because I get behind players that I'm a fan of! Even though deep down I know he probably wouldn't beat the likes of Selby or Ronnie in a long frame match.

How is it weird? Have you been to snooker matches in your life?There's isn't a huge divide between Ronnie and Judd fans. You like Hendry and Trump, don't see me calling you a weirdo do you?

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:Actually, you can judge on my entire posting history. It’s visible for all to see.

When do Ronnie, MJW and Ding get the kind of rubbish that Selby does? Do they constantly get called talentless grinders? They don’t need defending. Well, except when people accuse Ding of having no bottle which is also bull.

No thanks i've already formed my conclusions I don't need to read your entire poster history to see, interactions with ME is enough.

That's because they're not talentless grinders so they wouldn't be called that, Selby is, and you DO get offended when I call him that. That's all I need to know lol Selby IS a grinder, he's not a flair, charismatic, breakbuilding type player now is he?

Hendry even said he's good at winning "UGLY", what other player has Hendry said that about? If Selby was the same as Judd, Ronnie, Ding etc then why hasn't Hendry said that? Guess what, Selby doesn't play the same style of snooker as them.

Postby The Ace

I find it strange that people who like to watch Judd don't like to watch Ronnie, or vice versa. I always thought that people had a preferred style that they like to watch. For me it's the flair players like Judd, Ronnie, Lisowski, Brecel, Zhao, etc. I would rather watch any flair player than someone like Selby, Ebdon or Kyren Wilson.

Postby Acé

It's like Judd getting insulted then saying I get triggered, bloody obviously, I'm a Judd fan lmao

but you don't wanna own up to being a Selby fan even tho you get offended Iranu

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Did I say like who I like? Noo all I said I just find it weird how much you bum Ronnie when you're a Judd Trump fan. I would predict Lisowski to beat most players because I get behind players that I'm a fan of! Even though deep down I know he probably wouldn't beat the likes of Selby or Ronnie in a long frame match.

How is it weird? Have you been to snooker matches in your life?There's isn't a huge divide between Ronnie and Judd fans. You like Hendry and Trump, don't see me calling you a weirdo do you?

Yes I have been to Snooker matches. I don't care if there's no divide between some Judd and Ronnie fans. Most Ronnie fan boys in matches are annoying that think Snooker belongs to him. Judd and Ronnie are also rivals to an extent. So I find it weird people supporting rival players.
It's like an Arsenal fan supporting Spurs!
Also I was a Stephen Hendry fan when I was 4. He retired in 2012! I always liked Judd Trump so it was obvious he'd be my favourite player out of current players that are still competiting!

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Actually, you can judge on my entire posting history. It’s visible for all to see.

No thanks i've already formed my conclusions I don't need to read your entire poster history to see, interactions with ME is enough.

That's because they're not talentless grinders so they wouldn't be called that, Selby is, and you DO get offended when I call him that. That's all I need to know lol Selby IS a grinder, he's not a flair, charismatic, breakbuilding type player now is he?

Hendry even said he's good at winning "UGLY", what other player has Hendry said that about? If Selby was the same as Judd, Ronnie, Ding etc then why hasn't Hendry said that? Guess what, Selby doesn't play the same style of snooker as them.

Selby has more centuries than either MJW or Ding, are they not breakbuilding players?

The fact that Selby is good at winning ugly doesn’t mean he can’t win pretty you bloody fool. Higgins is also good at winning ugly. I never said he played the same type of snooker as them! He plays a Steve Davis type of game, if anything. Is Steve Davis a talentless grinder?

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:Yes I have been to Snooker matches. I don't care if there's no divide between some Judd and Ronnie fans. Most Ronnie fan boys in matches are annoying that think Snooker belongs to him. Judd and Ronnie are also rivals to an extent. So I find it weird people supporting rival players.
It's like an Arsenal fan supporting Spurs!
Also I was a Stephen Hendry fan when I was 4. He retired in 2012! I always liked Judd Trump so it was obvious he'd be my favourite player out of current players that are still competiting!

Then mind your own business lol but I'm a Judd and a Ronnie fan, I was a fan of Ronnie then Judd but I couldn't stand Hendry so it's the opposite for me and you, you obviously like Hendry so good for you.