Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:rubbish thread. Mine is better

Bit sensationalist. You didn't say 'minor'

Yours doesn't specify which Barry.

Re: Barry suffer's minor heart attack

Postby SnookerFan

Joking aside, sad news.

I know I've probably criticised him in the past, but what Barry has done for snooker is undeniable. The professional game may not exist now if it wasn't for him.

I wonder if he'll start looking at retirement? He's quite a workaholic, so I doubt it. He won't want to retire until he can steady the sport under this coronavirus confusion. But health has to come first. He's not a young man.

Good luck to him, whatever happens.

Re: Barry Hearn suffers heart attack

Postby Cloud Strife

I wonder if this heart attack was brought on by the stress of trying to find a way of staging the World Championship this year.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I wonder if this heart attack was brought on by the stress of trying to find a way of staging the World Championship this year.

I wondered this. He did say it was one of the biggest challenges of his career.

But that's just speculation. As I said in the other thread, he's not a youngster. Health does start catching up with you as you get older.

Postby SnookerFan

It kind of depends how minor the heart attack is.

When people talk about heart attacks, you think about suddenly keeling over. But you do get people have discomfort in the chest, get a bus to the hospital and find out they're having a heart attack.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I wonder if this heart attack was brought on by the stress of trying to find a way of staging the World Championship this year.

I wondered this. He did say it was one of the biggest challenges of his career.

But that's just speculation. As I said in the other thread, he's not a youngster. Health does start catching up with you as you get older.

Unquestionably.

The implications of coronavirus, with all the forced cancellations and postponements, will have significantly undermimed everything he has worked for. In a worst case scenario, his businesses could be ruined.

For sure he has been overdoing things, desperate to try and salvage what he can from the wrecked plans.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Who on earth would take over??

Eddie doesn't care about snooker, has much bigger fish to fry with boxing.

Bring back Sir Rodney Walker

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:he had one previously in 2002...

Really?

Yes, as reported on most outlets who are reporting his latest one. I was trying to find a link specifically to his earlier one but as you can imagine, they seem to be buried amongst the current news.

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:he had one previously in 2002...

Really?

Yes, as reported on most outlets who are reporting his latest one. I was trying to find a link specifically to his earlier one but as you can imagine, they seem to be buried amongst the current news.

It’s mentioned in many of the articles about his current heart attack.