Post a reply

Re: The Weakest ‘Perfect’ Player

Postby Johnny Bravo

D4P wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:The idea is to choose the weakest aspect of a player’s game, mould them with the weakest aspect of another player’s game, and still end up with a player that can still win tournaments.

I’ll start:

Ronnie O’Sullivan’s ability to escape from snookers. If he has a significant weakness, this is it.

Ronnie is great at escaping snookers, what are you talking about ?! :dizzy: <doh>

I agree. Ronnie's biggest weakest (not counting psychology) is almost certainly his break-off shot.

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

I don’t think Ronnie’s break off is weaker than anyone else’s, really. He leaves reds to the middle far less than other players and I think this thing about him leaving long reds on is oversold. It happens, but it happens to everyone. I think he’s convinced himself he has a poor break off and because he talks about it, people buy into it.

Escaping from snookers however, yes he’s good at it. Because he’s good at everything. But he misses escapes more often than many other top players. It’s the weakest part of his game, that doesn’t mean it’s actually WEAK.

He is fantastic at laying snookers, though.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Escaping from snookers however, yes he’s good at it. Because he’s good at everything. But he misses escapes more often than many other top players. It’s the weakest part of his game, that doesn’t mean it’s actually WEAK.

No he doesn't. I agree he misses some, but no way is he the weakest top player at escaping snookers.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Escaping from snookers however, yes he’s good at it. Because he’s good at everything. But he misses escapes more often than many other top players. It’s the weakest part of his game, that doesn’t mean it’s actually WEAK.

No he doesn't. I agree he misses some, but no way is he the weakest top player at escaping snookers.

Well, I said he misses more often than many top players, not all of them. I think he’s not as strong as Selby, MJW, Higgins, Ding, possibly Robbo.

Anyway the point of this thread is to list the weakest parts of a players game that are still strong enough to win tournaments, so in a way it’s a compliment <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

vodkadiet1 wrote:Terry Murphy.

Was he related to Tommy Murphy? They were both from NI weren't they?

Just thinking aloud here...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:I've seen Ronnie getting out of outrageous 4 cushion snookers. He knows the angles as good as anybody in the game. Don't agree.

Indeed. And he often does it without thinking about it as much as other players would have to.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I've seen Ronnie getting out of outrageous 4 cushion snookers. He knows the angles as good as anybody in the game. Don't agree.

Every player in the game has got out of 4 cushion snookers. He’s also failed to escape simple one cushion snookers.

And as I said, I don’t think he’s BAD at it. Just not as good as others part of his game.

I don’t know why I have to keep explaining this. I never once said he’s rubbish at escaping snookers and can’t do it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:And as I said, I don’t think he’s BAD at it. Just not as good as others part of his game.

I always found his ability to escape from snookers as one of the best parts of his game, to be honest. Not when he's playing kamikaze, obviously, but when you see Ronnie at his best he escapes from the most insane snookers without giving it much thought.

For me, the only weak parts of Ronnie's game are the break off and the mental aspect.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:

Every player in the game has got out of 4 cushion snookers. He’s also failed to escape simple one cushion snookers.

And as I said, I don’t think he’s BAD at it. Just not as good as others part of his game.

I don’t know why I have to keep explaining this. I never once said he’s rubbish at escaping snookers and can’t do it.

So you think he's rubbish at escaping snookers and can't do it? Interesting observation... :chin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

So you think he's rubbish at escaping snookers and can't do it? Interesting observation... :chin:

I will strike you.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I will strike you.

Fight. Fight. Fight.

Postby TheSaviour

Using Mark Williams as an exucuse to block the roads? Happens here every now and then. Are all they right then, does Mark Williams has some kind of a mental "weakness"? If so, I must pick something from Mark Williams then.

I think I have cracked the code which involves "TheSaviour" now; he actually speaks out, is an out-spoken of what ACTUALLY also is happening and regards him minute in, minute out! Only to no-one to accept the critic, AND are failing to "communicate" with him with any humour.

Please don´t tell me it is Rene and the time-machine once again?? Otherwise we can´t accept what we all have done

Seriously (in life), why would anyone over 40 would like to listen and communicate with someone 2 years younger? He´s just physically a poor, poor kid then. Or is he? Where´s the limit? Is there any limit? If just absolutely needing to respond something, then do so. Otherwise, bye bye clown.

So, what´s that my "special reward" would be then? I suppose I should received it already but hasn´t.

Has the decade "really" changed now??

If it has, I have been a highly, highly victorious and should be all happy now, no matter what happens.

A great, great day! Probably the last one I will thrown away writing something like this, as it never been any beneficial to me.

Any given apartment which is available there, has some really, really poor neighbours. The only reason to step on. Never rent a one, never buy a one. Be original! Only then the happiness may possibly creep in...

Or then walk, walk, walk while the weather is great.

So what has happenened then? The "spamming" with the colours of jackets and shirts is massively on now. It is worse than ever, by a country. Just sport on the same colour of a jacket and the shirt and you are "TheSaviour". Never accept any critics, never. Never speak a work. It still is a highly, highly secretative, and absolutely no parody or satiri can be acccepted at all. No-one can mention a word. That´s the deal which was made. It was just made. Man. I am just a physically still poor kid, am I. No? Yes. No.

Vladimir, never do ANY move. Never do anything. It is perfectly okay to be like this for the next 15 years also now

Rene and the highl infamous "time-machine" finally now. Great. Mark ain´t spamming. The bridge-spamming has stopped. I would had hope it to continue, with just better body-languages. But they all are me, minute out, minute. Make no mistake. The clothing is all what makes it to happen. Never spam a bridge ever again or I....

So a one clown with a suit came to talk to me, and said: "If I give u a 100 euros, are u allowing me to suck?" I responded that no way, I don´t do things like that, some kind of a miss understanding.

Mark Selby is weakest perfect player, as he doesn´t posses any consistency any more. It is because his single safety-shots are just that much of a good. Just too difficult to redo.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:I don’t think Ronnie’s break off is weaker than anyone else’s, really. He leaves reds to the middle far less than other players and I think this thing about him leaving long reds on is oversold. It happens, but it happens to everyone. I think he’s convinced himself he has a poor break off and because he talks about it, people buy into it.

Escaping from snookers however, yes he’s good at it. Because he’s good at everything. But he misses escapes more often than many other top players. It’s the weakest part of his game, that doesn’t mean it’s actually WEAK.

He is fantastic at laying snookers, though.

He doesn't miss more than most top players. That's an outrageous statement.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I will strike you.

Fight. Fight. Fight.

:bags:

Postby Iranu

So far I’ve been accused of saying he’s the weakest top player at escaping, and that he misses more than most top players.

I said neither of those things.

I said he misses more often than MANY. Selby, Higgins, Williams, Ding, and possibly Judd and Robbo, in my estimation. That’s not most.

The weakest top player at escaping snookers is Murphy, by some distance.