Post a reply

Re: Players who came closest to winning World Championship

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:In four World Championship finals Mark Williams has an aggregate frame score of 65-66 yet has a 3-1 match record.

He won all his 3 World Titles 18-16 that's why.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Fred, the chairman of Betfred was awarded a wildcard last year, as a WS April Fools. Wildey fell for it, and went on a rant. Although he asked us never to mention it again.

A request that you adhered to religiously, I see.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Fred, the chairman of Betfred was awarded a wildcard last year, as a WS April Fools. Wildey fell for it, and went on a rant. Although he asked us never to mention it again.

A request that you adhered to religiously, I see.

rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild going on a factually inaccurate rant?

Surely not.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that match that Mark Williams had with Ronnie at The Crucible? He potted something like three times as many balls, potted three times as many points but lost by a wide margin. Something like 13-7.

That never happened, don't be silly.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that match that Mark Williams had with Ronnie at The Crucible? He potted something like three times as many balls, potted three times as many points but lost by a wide margin. Something like 13-7.

It might've been the 2012 World Championship. (13-6, apparently.) Not sure though.

I might have the proportions wrong, but Ronnie's frame wins were were quite close and Mark Williams' frame wins were with big breaks or centuries. I remember Mark Williams missing frame ball quite frequently.

So Williams had more balls potted and more points scored, despite being a long way behind.

It was a match that Mark Williams had to win to stay in the top-16.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It might've been the 2012 World Championship. (13-6, apparently.) Not sure though.

I might have the proportions wrong, but Ronnie's frame wins were were quite close and Mark Williams' frame wins were with big breaks or centuries. I remember Mark Williams missing frame ball quite frequently.

So Williams had more balls potted and more points scored, despite being a long way behind.

2008 then, he lost thus dropped out of Top 16.

I remember something along those lines, but no way was it triple points comparing to Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

2008 then, he lost thus dropped out of Top 16.

I remember something along those lines, but no way was it triple points comparing to Ronnie.

Maybe I remembered that wrong. I remember him scoring and potting a lot more than Ronnie though.