Post a reply

Re: Snooker: Changes You’d Like To See

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Isn’t the Masters also known as the London Masters?

Is it?

I know in the past it was unofficially referred to as the Wembley Masters.

On Eurosport at the breaks they have the ad saying "ladbrokes is proud to sponsor the London masters on Eurosport" or something like that.

Postby Scooper

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Bring back Michaela Tabb.

Why?

Why not?

For those who fancy her, remember she’ll be a fair bit older now. Maybe she’s even hotter, idk

Postby HappyCamper

I don't think that London Masters or World Championship should move out with exceptional circumstances. Like the normal venue is unavailable. But if say the Crucible was closed for refurbishment they could look to have it in say Germany for a year.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:I don't think that London Masters or World Championship should move out with exceptional circumstances. Like the normal venue is unavailable. But if say the Crucible was closed for refurbishment they could look to have it in say Germany for a year.

Cardiff always gets the Welsh Open.

There's really only The Masters and Crawley the last two years that are down South. The other two Triple Crowns are in Yorkshire.

The Masters is the only one in London and sells out 2000 every session. Why move it?

Surely we should looking at building up the other tournaments to that level?

Postby rekoons

yes, you have to earn them imo.

btw does peter ebdon has a nickname?

EDIT: just looked it up on wiki: apparently Ebdon is called 'The Ebdonator' and 'The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' rofl who invents this?
Last edited by rekoons on 17 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HappyCamper

rekoons wrote:yes, you have to earn them imo.

EDIT: just looked it up on wiki: apparently Ebdon is called 'The Ebdonator' and 'The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' rofl who invents this?

Ebdon is the Force, or Psycho. No one has ever called him the Worlds Most Dangerous Man. I'm pretty sure there is some one who puts fake nickname on wikipedia for snooker players. I've seen some proper nonsense on there.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why?

Why not?

Because she’s actually not that good a ref? And the tour doesn’t need her?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I'd get rid of this idea that every player has to have a nickname.
Some just seem forced.

Agree 100% with this.

Especially when half of them for lesser known players are just “The Pride of [town]” rofl

Postby GeF

Why not real tier 2 snooker level ?
I mean European tour, Asian tour... to gives most of the ≈ 32 spots for the main tour instead of only 2.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why?

Why not?

Because she’s actually not that good a ref? And the tour doesn’t need her?

:shc:

Postby Alex0paul

Players that stay on tour via the one year list keep the points they accumulated that year rather than starting again from zero

Postby SnookerFan

Wikipedia.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

Ebdon is the Force, or Psycho. No one has ever called him the Worlds Most Dangerous Man. I'm pretty sure there is some one who puts fake nickname on wikipedia for snooker players. I've seen some proper nonsense on there.

Isn't Ken Shamrock the world's most dangerous man?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'd get rid of this idea that every player has to have a nickname.
Some just seem forced.

Agree 100% with this.

Especially when half of them for lesser known players are just “The Pride of [town]” rofl

The Bloke From Stoke was quite good.

Postby Sauce321

I would add this, players should have to hit a rail after contact with a red if not snookered. That would prevent these rerack situations.

Postby Sauce321

The Jester from Leicester wrote:What do you reckon about going with the polo shirt look that they used for the PTC events a few years back? I thought it looked pretty good actually.

They look like American pool players. Lame...

Postby HustleKing

Sauce321 wrote:I would add this, players should have to hit a rail after contact with a red if not snookered. That would prevent these rerack situations.

Not sure about that. Safety play can be hard enough as it is without making it harder. Also, if you're suggesting that players must hit a rail after making a pot as well as when performing safeties, that also seems unfair, as you're forcing them to do additional work apart from making a pot (which may potentially be a very difficult pot).

Snooker is a difficult enough sport as it is, even for professionals, so why make it CONSIDERABLY (as opposed from slightly) harder?

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Sauce321 wrote:I would add this, players should have to hit a rail after contact with a red if not snookered. That would prevent these rerack situations.

Not sure about that. Safety play can be hard enough as it is without making it harder. Also, if you're suggesting that players must hit a rail after making a pot as well as when performing safeties, that also seems unfair, as you're forcing them to do additional work apart from making a pot (which may potentially be a very difficult pot).

Snooker is a difficult enough sport as it is, even for professionals, so why make it CONSIDERABLY (as opposed from slightly) harder?

Normally with the “hit a cushion” rule it doesn’t apply if you pot.

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

Normally with the “hit a cushion” rule it doesn’t apply if you pot.

I know but I wasn't sure if Sauce321 was advocating for that rule to be altered

Postby Snooker89

The change I'd like to see is someone like Rolex taking over the Masters sponsorship. Even have them do all the triple crown events with the triple crown series angle that WST are going with. Their logo sort of ties into the triple crown logo.Also Alcohol sponsors, I cannot understand why only online gambling companies are sponsorsing events in Europe.