Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie respond vs Judd in finals?

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:I get the feeling Trump may pay a heavy price for that comment. O’Sullivan is still an excellent player and capable of brilliance...especially when riled.

It would be ideal of their next meeting was a Final again, and Ronnie beat him.

Postby Andre147

Now calm down guys.

No need for personal insults.

If you don't agree with each other that's more than fine, but swearing at each other like that isn't good. Don't care who started, just agree to disagree here.

Postby TheRocket

I don't think that Ronnie (at his stage of his career) can finish his career with a leading H2H against Trump. You never know but its unlikely.

But I do think that he'll destroy Trump at some stage in a very big match. I said that a few weeks ago. And in fact Trumps comment now makes that scenario even more likely imo.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I don't think that Ronnie (at his stage of his career) can finish his career with a leading H2H against Trump. You never know but its unlikely.

But I do think that he'll destroy Trump at some stage in a very big match. I said that a few weeks ago. And in fact Trumps comment now makes that scenario even more likely imo.

Of course he wont end his career with a favourable h2h.

That would even be strange... Judd is 30, absolute prime of his career, and Ronnie almost 44. But I agree that ROS will probably smash him in another big match soon, maybe at The Masters or UK who knows...

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie O’Sullivan is the greatest player of all time. He has also produced the greatest snooker I’ve ever seen in terms of individual performances.

Judd Trump has a long way to go in terms of establishing himself amongst the God tier, but I personally think he’s a fantastic player and I’m really enjoying the stuff he’s producing at the moment. I’ve always preferred flair players over grinders — shoot me — and while I can respect and even enjoy the likes of Higgins and Selby, I think it’s much better for the game to have someone like an O’Sullivan or Trump at the top of the pile.

I would be stunned if Trump went on to rival Sullivan in the all-time rankings, but I’m just pleased that we might have a flair player dominating the sport.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:Now calm down guys.

If you don't agree with each other that's more than fine, but swearing at each other like that isn't good. Don't care who started, just agree to disagree here.

Then tell him to discuss the subject material instead of going "Ronnie fans this, Ronnie fans that" and if we're being honest it is aimed at me as I'm the only one arguing the tweet here.

I even gave him a counter scenario where I said if Ronnie had said Judd only wins because he gets chances and gifts from Ronnie, would he apply the same standards and say yeah Ronnie is right Judd can only win through gifts or would he say Ronnie is bitter?

Postby Andre147

Yeah it's great having someone like Trump dominating right now, makes a change from the usual suspects.

How long this will last remains to be seen, just wish Ding, almost same age, would challenge his dominance but I'm afraid Ding may not have much else to offer to the game.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:Yeah it's great having someone like Trump dominating right now, makes a change from the usual suspects.

How long this will last remains to be seen, just wish Ding, almost same age, would challenge his dominance but I'm afraid Ding may not have much else to offer to the game.

Ding will win the 2020 World Championship.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 19 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Then tell him to discuss the subject material instead of going "Ronnie fans this, Ronnie fans that" and if we're being honest it is aimed at me as I'm the only one arguing the tweet here.

I even gave him a counter scenario where I said if Ronnie had said Judd only wins because he gets chances and gifts from Ronnie, would he apply the same standards and say yeah Ronnie is right Judd can only win through gifts or would he say Ronnie is bitter?

Probably the latter.

rofl

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Probably the latter.

rofl

There you go but apparently "A player can only beat you if you allow them chances." so safe to say Judd's been gifted the whole year because everyone let him win. Good to know.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:A lot of snake hissing and moaning here on both sides. Love it. Good for the game.

Agreed.

Abit of aggro never did anyone any harm.

Aye.

And even though I disagree with you, I like that you’re straight-up about your dislike of Trump. Nothing like a bit of conviction.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Judd is the man right now. Still, everybody keeps talking about Ronnie. No matter how much the snooker pundits are trying to sell Trump to the fans... Must be a little frustrating for Judd. I think he likes to be in the spotlight. Probably why he made that comment.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:I get the feeling Trump may pay a heavy price for that comment. O’Sullivan is still an excellent player and capable of brilliance...especially when riled.

Ronnie's obviously still great and he will beat Judd again, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a f*ck about that comment.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:Judd is the man right now. Still, everybody keeps talking about Ronnie. No matter how much the snooker pundits are trying to sell Trump to the fans... Must be a little frustrating for Judd. I think he likes to be in the spotlight. Probably why he made that comment.

I just set myself up for a bitchy BSP reply: "I'm sure the World Champion is really frustrated..." rofl :bags:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Ronnie's obviously still great and he will beat Judd again, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a f*ck about that comment.

I agree on both points

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan fans getting annoyed because Trump dared to admonish anything but complete admiration towards their hero. Whilst on the other hand O'Sullivan has made a whole career out of being disrespectful to about 99% of players on the tour!

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:A lot of snake hissing and moaning here on both sides. Love it. Good for the game.

Agreed.

Abit of aggro never did anyone any harm.

Aye.

And even though I disagree with you, I like that you’re straight-up about your dislike of Trump. Nothing like a bit of conviction.

Indeed.

I don't go around humping the rubbish out of the poor fence like you do.

Postby vodkadiet1

As good as O'Sullivan is he is no Hendry. Trump knows this. The snooker Trump produced on Sunday was about as good as anything O'Sullivan has ever produced but not to the same standard Hendry produced in much more difficult conditions. O'Sullivan was extremely flattered by the 9-7 verdict. It was a a 9-3, 9-4 in essence. Trump already knows he has O'Sullivan's measure. I mean there is nothing O'Sullivan can threaten Trump with unless he throws his old age pensioner's bus pass at him whilst is at the table! Trump has bigger fish to fry. He wants to see if he can ever produce a standard Hendry produced in his prime. A big ask, many have tried, and none yet have succeeded. Maybe Trump can be the man?

Postby Juddernaut

It's clear by the comments in this thread how upset the O'Sullivan fans are that he lost another final to Trump. I think you guys need to take it on the chin and accept that Trump is the better player now.

Postby Juddernaut

vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan fans getting annoyed because Trump dared to admonish anything but complete admiration towards their hero. Whilst on the other hand O'Sullivan has made a whole career out of being disrespectful to about 99% of players on the tour!

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut wrote:It's clear by the comments in this thread how upset the O'Sullivan fans are that he lost another final to Trump. I think you guys need to take it on the chin and accept that Trump is the better player now.

I think there’s no doubt that Judd is the best player on tour right now by a pretty significant margin.

Is he a better player than O’Sullivan?

Not a chance. He has far more to prove for that.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Ding is infuriating. He has a better all-round game than Trump, but he just will not apply himself.

One of our Chinese Islanders said that Ding has apparently been practising a lot more this season.

I think his confidence is shot right now.