Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie respond vs Judd in finals?

Postby Juddernaut

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:It's clear by the comments in this thread how upset the O'Sullivan fans are that he lost another final to Trump. I think you guys need to take it on the chin and accept that Trump is the better player now.

I think there’s no doubt that Judd is the best player on tour right now by a pretty significant margin.

Is he a better player than O’Sullivan?

Not a chance. He has far more to prove for that.

He is a better player than O'Sullivan right now. There's no doubt about it.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:It's clear by the comments in this thread how upset the O'Sullivan fans are that he lost another final to Trump. I think you guys need to take it on the chin and accept that Trump is the better player now.

I think there’s no doubt that Judd is the best player on tour right now by a pretty significant margin.

Is he a better player than O’Sullivan?

Not a chance. He has far more to prove for that.

He is a better player than O'Sullivan right now. There's no doubt about it.

He's the best in the world atm, not only because he's WN1 but mainly due to how many titles he's winning.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Purely inoffensive tweet stating a fact. A player can only beat you if you allow them chances. How the hell could anybody see that as cocky??

The reaction of some on here is laughable. They hold a simmering resentment towards Judd because he has beaten Ronnie and eclipsed him as the best player in the world. Well what is Judd supposed to do - let Ronnie win frames so that people on here like him?

He really cannot win.

The ironic thing is right thats the exact same sentiment that many used to explain Why Ronnie basicly retired Hendry

"Hendry can only play well if you let him and Ronnie doesent let him"

come on guys this is really pathetic history is repeating itself and you dont like it

Ronnie remembered wanted to send Hendry back to his sad little life in Scotland thats 10 times worst than that Factual tweet from Judd :td: :td: :td:

Postby TheRocket

I'm actually glad that Ronnie got what he deserved after that comment he made back then. An inspired Hendry made him pay the price for that comment.

When it comes to Trump he made similar remarks about ROS in early 2012. O'Sullivan went on to beat him 4 times in a row which includes a WC semi and an UK final.

Postby Wildey

yea but getting peeved over a factual tweet is lame..

Snooker is the type of Sport where one mistake could cost you that frame and the next 3 or 4 you need chances to win snooker matches and if you dont get chances you might be in better form than the guy at the table but its no use if your sitting on your bottom.

Postby TheRocket

There are two ways of interpreting his comment.

You can't play well when your opponent doesnt give you the chance. Which indeed is a fair point in Snooker. If your opponent plays perfect safety all the time even the mightiest long potter can't do anything.

But there is also the other option that he wants to say O'Sullivans best game isnt that great and he only then plays well when opponents make it very easy for him.

And Hendry was actually asked about which players best game is the best atm.

Look he's entitled to say what he wants anyway. And If O'Sullivan takes offence at it he can respond to him on the table.

Postby SnookerFan

Judd can be a bit of a div, but I suspect he didn't mean it in anyway that is offensive. He probably just meant that if he keeps Ronnie off the table, Ronnie can't play.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Lol Judd going off against Monique speaking the truth about Ronnie having his own generation to deal with on top of past and future generation of players on Twitter, yeah, given the follow up responses it's pretty clear he was saying Ronnie only plays well if he's given gifts. I wonder what happened he's definitely got something against Ronnie these days.

I hope Ronnie reads all those comments and destroys him next time.

I wonder if Judd thinks he's been given gifts and chances in all his tournament victories. You know, double standards and all that.

Postby TheRocket

I'm surprised that Trump gets involved in these twitter debates.

Imo he cares too much what "normal" people (fans,viewers) or other players say or think about him. Last year there were people who said that Kyren Wilson has a better mentality than him. Trump was quite angry about that. If I remember he once made a tweet during the MSI of a WC match and responded to a Dominic Dale comment when the Spaceman said that Ding had better pos play than Trump.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:I'm surprised that Trump gets involved in these twitter debates.

Imo he cares too much what "normal" people (fans,viewers) or other players say or think about him. Last year there were people who said that Kyren Wilson has a better mentality than him. Trump was quite angry about that. If I remember he once made a tweet during the MSI of a WC match and responded to a Dominic Dale comment when the Spaceman said that Ding had better pos play than Trump.

It is a bit strange. His tweets make him look insecure.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:I'm surprised that Trump gets involved in these twitter debates.

Ding does have better positional play than Trump.
Trump is a great player and has improved a lot in the past 2 years, but just like in Robbo's case, you can see that he gets the breaks going by playing recovery shots. Sure, he can knock those in when in top form, but until he sorts that out, he won't have the best A game. As it stands so far, there's nobody in the history of the game with a better A game than ROS.

Postby rekoons

He would expand his fanbase if he wouldn't take comments so serious and act like stung by a bee. far better to react with some humour, the way Selby did here:

https://twitter.com/markjesterselby/sta ... 1841294337
https://twitter.com/markjesterselby/sta ... 7472875521

Postby rekoons

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What we want is somebody with Judd's talent but Selby's personality.

Mark Williams

That's probably the closest match

Postby Erza Scarlet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well as he never said that I very much doubt this imagined conversation about being given gifts weighs too heavily on his mind.

Judd's quote: "He can only play well if you let him"

You agree with the intepretation and I quote "A player can only beat you if you allow them chances" so essentially saying Ronnie (given who it was aimed at to) is a mediocre player who relies on errors and chances, someone who can't win through HIS OWN play. He must need his opponents to make it easy for him.

Then I said I wonder if Judd applies the same standards to himself where he goes, true, I was only allowed to play well because I was given chances by everyone this year.

Seems like you're the one imagining things because you can't even remember what you write or what someone said.

Postby Ck147

Judd's quote: "He can only play well if you let him"

I read this as keep him off the table by playing well yourself otherwise you will lose. Nothing controversial or worth arguing over.

Postby Pink Ball

I don't think Trump was trying to be disrespectful, but I think O'Sullivan might read it as disrespectful – as many of his fans have.

I think a lot of the people parrotting that Trump will never again fall behind O'Sullivan are going to end up with egg on their faces. Time and time again people have tried to rile O'Sullivan fans, most notably when Higgins overtook his world titles haul in 2011. Every time, O'Sullivan has responded.

He might be nearing 45, but he's still one of the top two players in the world. There's going to be a backlash, and it's not going to be pretty.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:I don't think Trump was trying to be disrespectful, but I think O'Sullivan might read it as disrespectful – as many of his fans have.

I think a lot of the people parrotting that Trump will never again fall behind O'Sullivan are going to end up with egg on their faces. Time and time again people have tried to rile O'Sullivan fans, most notably when Higgins overtook his world titles haul in 2011. Every time, O'Sullivan has responded.

He might be nearing 45, but he's still one of the top two players in the world. There's going to be a backlash, and it's not going to be pretty.

I am not aware of any of the decent posters on here trying to rile O'Sullivan fans. I think your post is designed to rile Judd fans (who are generally pretty laid back and calm like me).

Many of Ronnie's fans seem more than capable of becoming riled when no riling has been done to them. Not all of course - many are very magnanimous

Some of them like nothing better than to be riled though IMO.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I don't think Trump was trying to be disrespectful, but I think O'Sullivan might read it as disrespectful – as many of his fans have.

I am not aware of any of the decent posters on here trying to rile O'Sullivan fans.

Oh no, I'm not suggesting any of the decent posters were trying to do that.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I am not aware of any of the decent posters on here trying to rile O'Sullivan fans.

Oh no, I'm not suggesting any of the decent posters were trying to do that.

What an awful post - trying to vilify honest decent posters who are just trying to enjoy the sport they love. Why are you trying to drive a wedge between O'Sullivan and Trump fans??