Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie respond vs Judd in finals?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Purely inoffensive tweet stating a fact. A player can only beat you if you allow them chances. How the hell could anybody see that as cocky??

The reaction of some on here is laughable. They hold a simmering resentment towards Judd because he has beaten Ronnie and eclipsed him as the best player in the world. Well what is Judd supposed to do - let Ronnie win frames so that people on here like him?

He really cannot win.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Purely inoffensive tweet stating a fact. A player can only beat you if you allow them chances. How the hell could anybody see that as cocky??

The reaction of some on here is laughable. They hold a simmering resentment towards Judd because he has beaten Ronnie and eclipsed him as the best player in the world. Well what is Judd supposed to do - let Ronnie win frames so that people on here like him?

He really cannot win.

rofl

Kind of agree though.

Postby sas6789

Cloud Strife wrote:And once again Trump displays his Napoleon complex.

It's gotten to the stage where I'd even root for Selby over this clown.

Well O'Sullivan calling lower ranked players numpties isn't exactly the most respectful thing in the world yet that doesn't stop you rooting for him.

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:And once again Trump displays his Napoleon complex.

It's gotten to the stage where I'd even root for Selby over this clown.

Well O'Sullivan calling lower ranked players numpties isn't exactly the most respectful thing in the world yet that doesn't stop you rooting for him.

:goodpost:

Postby Erza Scarlet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Purely inoffensive tweet stating a fact. A player can only beat you if you allow them chances. How the hell could anybody see that as cocky??

He really cannot win.

It is cocky.

Judd is saying Ronnie only plays well when "someone lets him" that means the game must be in his opponents hands and not Ronnie's hands, that Ronnie has to feed of errors/gifts from his opponents to only play well which clearly isn't the case because he forces the situation more than any other player on the table to make things happen and win.

Sure he gets chances just like any other players does but to say Ronnie only plays well if someone lets him? That's pathetic. He's getting too big for his boots that's what it is.

Postby TheRocket

Hendry was asked if Trumps best game is better than anyone else's at this moment. He said yes. Some people agreed with him, some didnt, stating its still O'Sullivan.

Trump responds to the tweet and says O'Sullivan only plays well if you allow him to, clearly implying that O'Sullivans best game isnt that great and he'd only do well when opponents make it easy for him.

What if O'Sullivan said Trump only won the World title because Thepchaiya gifted him the match in the 1st round?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Who cares what Judd says. We know he's a little bit cocky. Let him have his fun. He beat an old man, big deal. Prime Ronnie, Higgins, and Hendry would destroy him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

You can read it that way if you wish.

I would re-iterate the point made above though. If you find that innocuous - to me - tweet so offensive, do you think Ronnie is cocky in the way he spoke about Jamie O'Neill, his comments about numpties or going further back stating he would send Hendry back to his sad little life in Scotland.

Anyway, let's suppose that Judd is cocky and Ronnie perfectly polite. So be it. Judd has given Ronnie some good beatings now and to the victor the spoils. If Ronnie wants to respond he can do it on the table. How? Stop Judd from playing.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm not offended at all by Judd's tweet. It's a bit cocky in my opinion, mainly because Judd doesn't seem to acknowledge that Ronnie's prime was 15 years ago so beating him is not that impressive now... Also, Ronnie has beaten him in a final not that long ago, so it's not like Judd beats him every time. But Ronnie himself has said worse things. Judd's tweet wasn't that bad.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Head to head between Ronnie and Judd is 13-13 now. Didn't know that.

Listening to the recent talk, you'd think it was 30-0 to Judd.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:You can read it that way if you wish.

I would re-iterate the point made above though. If you find that innocuous - to me - tweet so offensive, do you think Ronnie is cocky in the way he spoke about Jamie O'Neill, his comments about numpties or going further back stating he would send Hendry back to his sad little life in Scotland.

Anyway, let's suppose that Judd is cocky and Ronnie perfectly polite. So be it. Judd has given Ronnie some good beatings now and to the victor the spoils. If Ronnie wants to respond he can do it on the table. How? Stop Judd from playing.

There is no other way to read it, that's what he's exactly saying. Ronnie is only good when his opponents gives him chances.

And yes Ronnie was cocky what he said about Hendry then got beat next year at the WC by him.

But you've completely avoided the discussion about "Ronnie only plays well because he gets gifts". So if Ronnie said something like "Judd the only reason you won every final against me is because I was crap, gifting you chances and errors that's the only way you won and the reason you played well" you'd agree based on your stance right?

Because that's what Judd is saying.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnies numpty comments are stupid. So are few of the other things he says at times. Never said it wasnt. Just dont watch his post or pre match interviews then if you're annoyed.

The only point I was making was that Trump had made similar remarks (particularly about ROS) in the past as well. Only reason he did shut up was because the results didnt go his way.

Postby Holden Chinaski

There is no need to defend the talent of someone like Ronnie. Just look at his titles and records. When he was Judd's age he had achieved more, and he had way tougher competition than Judd has as well.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:Ronnies numpty comments are stupid. So are few of the other things he says at times. Never said it wasnt. Just dont watch his post or pre match interviews then if you're annoyed.

The only point I was making was that Trump had made similar remarks (particularly about ROS) in the past as well. Only reason he did shut up was because the results didnt go his way.

Fair enough TR.

I still think the comments were innocuous and fairly accurate as it goes.

Stopping someone playing just means having a tight safety game IMO

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnies numpty comments are stupid. So are few of the other things he says at times. Never said it wasnt. Just dont watch his post or pre match interviews then if you're annoyed.

Fair enough TR.

I still think the comments were innocuous and fairly accurate as it goes.

Stopping someone playing just means having a tight safety game IMO

That's how I read it too, he's not saying his opponents have to give him chances.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'm not surprised about Trumps tweet. Because thats the real Trump. He was like that in 2011/2012 but then kept his mouth shut because the results went downhill and he hadnt won a major for 7 years. Now he gets cocky again and shows his real face.

Hopefully ROS will see that comment.

You can bet your house Ronnie will read that comment.

Strange one still, thought that was a thing from the past from Judd.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The real Judd comes across as a nice bloke in interviews and stuff to me. Respectful to other players - Ronnie included.

Just a young(ish) bloke earning a good packet being the best in the world at in his chosen field.

Good luck to him.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:Who cares what Judd says. We know he's a little bit cocky. Let him have his fun. He beat an old man, big deal. Prime Ronnie, Higgins, and Hendry would destroy him.

To be fair, weak era or not, Trump’s peak game is a bloody decent level. Arguably ahead of Higgins’ best in a best of 35. The other two, a few frames back.

It’s being consistent that puts him behind the other three in terms of greatness, and to be honest, while that side of his game has improved dramatically in the past year, I think Higgins is the only one of the three he could possibly overtake — and even at that, it’s very much odds against.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Fascinating though how much Judd riles Ronnie fans. It's not like he talks Ronnie down but he gets a hell of a lot lot of hate.

OK - he has rubbed Ronnie's face in it a good few times now but that is just his job. It is not personal as his whole objective is to beat whoever he faces. Ronnie fans should take it as a compliment that he can still take frames off Judd at this stage of his career.

People should not take it as a personal insult.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I'm not surprised about Trumps tweet. Because thats the real Trump. He was like that in 2011/2012 but then kept his mouth shut because the results went downhill and he hadnt won a major for 7 years. Now he gets cocky again and shows his real face.

Hopefully ROS will see that comment.

You can bet your house Ronnie will read that comment.

Strange one still, thought that was a thing from the past from Judd.

Yeah and not surprised Carter liked that comment. Carter loves to throw shade. You know when Carter agrees with you you're automatically on the wrong side.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fascinating though how much Judd riles Ronnie fans. It's not like he talks Ronnie down but he gets a hell of a lot lot of hate.

OK - he has rubbed Ronnie's face in it a good few times now but that is just his job. It is not personal as his whole objective is to beat whoever he faces. Ronnie fans should take it as a compliment that he can still take frames off Judd at this stage of his career.

People should not take it as a personal insult.

"He only plays well if you let him to" is talking Ronnie down, but keep thinking it isn't and don't sit there thinking whatever Ronnie does or what Ronnie fans say about Selby or Trump doesn't rile you up either. You haven't come to Judd's or Selby's defense against Ronnie fans? Please.

I am allowed to defend Ronnie and if you don't like it, stay out of my threads or block me and if you have something to say then quote me and say it instead of being passive agressive.