Post a reply

Angle Detective

Postby CueAndMe

Hello, everyone. After 3 grueling years and about 5,000 hours of work on this, I am finally releasing a collection of many strategies that can improve our games, each of which is powerful in its own right. It is a rather radical approach to snooker or pool.

I call the collection the Angle Detective system. I decided to make it donation-based, because I want everyone to be exposed to the information with out any risk. I am confident that many will see the great value in it and come back and donate. Even in its fledgling stages, it significantly helped my game, and I think it will help yours.

It is such a radical approach that I believe there is something in it for everyone, no matter what your playing level.

I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to post your thoughts and questions. I'd be happy to answer them. I can't seem to post a link to my site, but the site is cueandme.com

Thanks for reading.

Jeff

Re: Angle Detective

Postby CueAndMe

Thanks, Snookerfan. And thanks, Dan for putting up the link. I don't know why it wouldn't let me put the link in my post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Re: Angle Detective

Postby CueAndMe

A reader pointed out an error on the "Angle Detective Geometry" page of the Theory section. The 'F' rectangle was showing 5/8, but I have since corrected it to 6/8 or 3/4. I just wanted to post this in case anyone else was confused

Angle Detective Big Update

Postby CueAndMe

Hey, everyone.

Realizing the full version can be a lot to take in, for the past two weeks I’ve been working hard on making the system more digestible.

New Abridged Version
Rather than having a separate section of the site for an abridged version of the Angle Detective system, I decided to embed markers in the full version to indicate the most important regions of text and illustration. The full explanation is on the Introduction page. I figure this gives the reader an opportunity to learn more on a topic if s/he wishes by just scrolling up or down.

New Example Sequences
I realized that I needed to create plenty of examples to show how powerful the methods can be in common situations at the table. To do this I added 3 new "Example" pages to Angle Detective:

Position 1 Patterns Examples
SubSquare Examples
Rectangle Groups Examples

On these new pages you will find 28 examples as image sequences containing a total of 206 new images so far. I designed the image sequences to fade in and fade out from image step to image step so that you can see the methods in action.

The first image in each sequence shows only the cue ball, the object ball and the pocket, allowing you to use these examples to test your shot angle recognition and/or your shot aim detection skills before the shot angle, aim, and Angle Detective label are revealed in the final image.

Not all methods have examples. I will add more examples as I find time to create them. Please let me know if there is a particular pattern or method or a particular ball and pocket setup that you would like to be shown as an image sequence example. I’ve been deeply immersed in this stuff, and I could use your fresh perspective to help decide which examples should be offered next.

New Aiming Reference Tool
I added an Angle Detective printable aim reference tool to the download folder on the Introduction page.

New Hand Reference Technique
Also added is a new 90 degree hand reference technique. This is near the bottom of the Rectangles Everywhere page.

New Position 1 Pattern
Also added is a new pattern called the “Flag” pattern. You’ll find this at the bottom of the Position 1 Patterns page.

New SubSquare Pattern
Also added is a new SubSquare pattern called “Flag to Open Square” which you will find on the SubSquare Patterns page.

Mobile Navigation Fix
I noticed that the navigation drop-down menu on mobile had slightly different click-through functionality, so I fixed that. It was too easy to miss a couple of pages entirely if trying to access those pages via the navigation menu. Now it’s not a problem.

If you want to see updates as I add them, you can always check my Updates page on the website. As I add anything significant, I’ll be sure to create a new post on that page.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can post your question here or through the cueandme.com Contact page.

Thanks!
Jeff