Post a reply

Re: Judd has a problem with Ronnie?

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm not going to argue anymore, Johnny. It is clear you haven't watched much of Hendry in his prime. Hendry was a beast. Ask Ronnie. He would tell you the same. It's arguable he was the best long potter, I can't prove that. But he certainly was just as good as Trump. In my opinion, he was better.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm not going to argue anymore, Johnny. It is clear you haven't watched much of Hendry in his prime. Hendry was a beast. Ask Ronnie. He would tell you the same. It's arguable he was the best long potter, I can't prove that. But he certainly was just as good as Trump. In my opinion, he was better.

I have watched hundreds of his matches, IMO he wasn't as good a long potter as Trump or Robbo.
You are right about one thing though, neither of us will budge on his beliefs, so we better call this a night.
I'm still gonna make that video and send it to you though. ;-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm not going to argue anymore, Johnny. It is clear you haven't watched much of Hendry in his prime. Hendry was a beast. Ask Ronnie. He would tell you the same. It's arguable he was the best long potter, I can't prove that. But he certainly was just as good as Trump. In my opinion, he was better.

I have watched hundreds of his matches, IMO he wasn't as good a long potter as Trump or Robbo.
You are right about one thing though, neither of us will budge on his beliefs, so we better call this a night.

That video has no point mate. Don't bother.

I could make a vid of Hendry potting 100 amazing long ones and I could make a vid of Trump missing 100 long ones by a mile. Doesn't prove anything.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I could make a compilation vid of every time Jimi Hendrix was playing a bit out of tune on stage. Would that prove Hendrix was a crap guitar player?

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

That video has no point mate. Don't bother.

I could make a vid of Hendry potting 100 amazing long ones and I could make a vid of Trump missing 100 long ones by a mile. Doesn't prove anything.

Yeah, quite right.

Postby Wildey

Holden just give up its just like trying to potty train a 1 year old you get covered in rubbish.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote: The excitement of being a Ronnie fan came partly because you never knew if he was going to win, so you willed him on that much harder. Same with Higgins and Jimmy. And yeah the way they play(ed) was a factor in that inconsistency. Ronnie’s first WC for example was a cathartic moment for fans who suspected he might be another Jimmy who’d never capitalise on his talent.

No, it didn't. The excitement of being a Ronnie fan came from the way he played the game. Same goes for Alex and Jimmy. That's why they instantly developed a fan base since they burst on the scene.
Sure, some casual fans of the sport liked the drama and not knowing which version of those greats would show up, but the vast majority of their fans enjoyed them due to their style of play.
As a diehard ROS fan, I want him to win every match/event he plays in. I wish he'd win the WC, UK, Masters, CoC and another 10 rankers every single year. If he were to go unbeaten for a decade, I'd be the happiest man on Earth. I'd never get bored of him playing and winning.

Jesus Christ, I’m not arguing that FFS.

Postby gallantrabbit

Of course Judd has a problem with O'sullivan. Anyone would have a problem with someone who just sneers at and criticises the game and whole set up. Judd does what he can to promote and Thep is also great for the game. The other berk just looks down his nose.

Postby TheSaviour

The high arrogance is the only way to be polite. Generally. As only then one explains to other that himself or herself either have no clear plan, vision or even a guess that what will be happening. To himlsef or herself. Can´t rule out the possibilities... Miau.

And then, no-one really want´s to listen anyone else´s lifestory or a lifestories. They all are completely different persons than what they used to be. Very likely ages ago.

The modern people have been borned to be highly arrogant towards all the others. I am just not so sure if Judd or Ronnie are that much modern.. Judd got away from his eye-glasses. Ronnie has a slight grey, Judd is slightly getting bald. Those so far are the only signs of their modernity. Those things, SPORTING glasses, having grey or being bald, are modern, and all the people are a way, way too arrogant to see even anything. But psssssst, things like those are suchs which shouldn´t be discussed or noticed about...

Admitting perhaps yes, but not never not noticing anything lol.

With me it is vice versa. I can only see but have no brain-work going on.

But NOT ONLY the name, but the actual person, "Ronnie" or "Ant" does posses some high, high, high natural talent also! Which is my main reason to keep up with them!

How arrogant and deluded one can get, can only think that now when thinking MATT SELT taking on Mark Allen... Oh God. MATT SELT, from all the people. How arrogant one can get about his or her own PHYSICAL attributes... We will be seeing it now once again very soon... (Allen will punish him by playing just usual snooker, and MATT SELT will get deluded about his own so called, er, "physical strenghts"). MATT SELT. Oh God. MATT SELT lol. Mad being bald is something which shouldn´t be discussed, noticed or talked at all.

But make no mistake, no-one really fancies to listen anyone else´s lifestory or lifestories. A very likely only to trying to be something which has been long-gone.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Of course Judd has a problem with O'sullivan. Anyone would have a problem with someone who just sneers at and criticises the game and whole set up. Judd does what he can to promote and Thep is also great for the game. The other berk just looks down his nose.

There is definitely element of truth in that.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Of course Judd has a problem with O'sullivan. Anyone would have a problem with someone who just sneers at and criticises the game and whole set up. Judd does what he can to promote and Thep is also great for the game. The other berk just looks down his nose.

O'Sullivan is great for the game too, millions and millions across the globe got into Snooker, me included, because of him, his style of play and unpredictability.

But yes he sometimes can come across as someone who doesnt respect the sport. However, in general, he's done far more good to the sport than bad.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Had a dream last night that Judd beat Ronnie in a major final and Ronnie refused to shake his hand, turning his back on Judd. Weird.

The Saviour had a similar dream, but his included Matthew Selt.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

O'Sullivan is great for the game too, millions and millions across the globe got into Snooker, me included, because of him, his style of play and unpredictability.

But yes he sometimes can come across as someone who doesnt respect the sport. However, in general, he's done far more good to the sport than bad.

Yea but when young players come along trying to make a name for themselves and then you have one of if not the games biggest star slagging things off its very disappointing.

Ronnies problem is he just doesn't know when to stop. there are times he starts off and there is a genuine point to what hes saying but then he goes off on one and by the end i think ohh for buck sakes put a sock in it you idiot and then the message that made sense is lost within the verbal diarehaa.

Postby Dan-cat

As Andre says, despite his moaning at World Snooker/ venues etc, he is unwittingly the greatest ambassador the sport has ever had - by a country mile.

I don't mean he's some kind of paragon of virtue, like the Nugget is, going into schools etc preaching the snooker song - just by his style of play / unpredictability / headline grabbing behaviour / virtuoso displays.

Mention snooker to most people and they will be able to tell you only one player's name.

Postby Cloud Strife

Yes, Judd has a problem with Ronnie. It's called jealousy.

You can feel it oozing out of him whenever he has to talk about Ronnie.

Deep down he knows no matter who he beats and what he achieves he will always be in Ronnie's shadow, and that must eat away at his soul.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:Yes, Judd has a problem with Ronnie. It's called jealousy.

Deep down he knows no matter who he beats and what he achieves he will always be in Ronnie's shadow, and that must eat away at his soul.

+1

Postby The_Abbott

Judd is like some cocky teenager who thinks he knows everything but Ronnie's like "come on then son" and watches Judd take a prat fall.

Postby Rockettim147

Cloud Strife wrote:Yes, Judd has a problem with Ronnie. It's called jealousy.

Well said

Postby Rockettim147

The_Abbott wrote:Judd is like some cocky teenager who thinks he knows everything but Ronnie's like "come on then son" and watches Judd take a prat fall.

Hopefully Judd does take a fall. But the way he’s playing is....It’s gonna take a great performance to beat him

Postby Rockettim147

The_Abbott wrote:Judd is like some cocky teenager who thinks he knows everything but Ronnie's like "come on then son" and watches Judd take a prat fall.

Won’t see many finals this season between the two as everyone is expecting

Postby Wildey

Lets not forget at one point Ronnie had a problem with hendry it resulted in humble pie for Ronnie in 2002.

But its called life young players should be cocky and arrogant all the real greats had that and one of the reason they were successful Judd's no different to everyone else.