Post a reply

A small pecadillo

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Which snooker players name has been redacted from this snippet.

Kudos if you get it.

(The number of asterisks do not correlate with the number of letters in his name)

However, shortly before his scheduled match against Dave Harold, **** was reported missing from his hotel room in Bournemouth, having left only his cue and dress-suit behind. Apparently suffering from stress brought on by the loneliness and pressure of life as a professional snooker player, **** withdrew from the following tournament, the 1995 Thailand Open, where he had reached the last 32 but had been selected to play in the wildcard round.

**** never played snooker at competitive level after this; in his final match, at the Thailand Open, he had compiled a break of 128. In 2010, he was reported to have been working at Heathrow Airport.

Re: A small pecadillo

Postby vodkadiet1

Pink Ball wrote:Roger Garrett

Correct!
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 22 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Jeez, that is impressive, I read, "missing from hotel room" and "leaving dress suit behind", and thought, how do you know that? But then realised it wasn't about me, I swear that has never happened to me...honest.

Postby Prop

Yeah, just copy and paste those paragraphs into Google. Hey presto, Roger Garrett.

Impressive!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Prop wrote:Yeah, just copy and paste those paragraphs into Google. Hey presto, Roger Garrett.

Impressive!

I am very disappointed.

At first I thought nobody would be sad enough to do that.

Then i realised it was Pinkball & Vodka.