Post a reply

Re: Snooker players to be banned from all bettings

Postby Monique

I just wish there was a bit more of communication (although it's much better compared to the old board).
John made a statement after the first allegations. He didn't after the second wave. There might be many reasons for that. One that comes to mind is that the enquiry being already under way, all parties have been asked to refrain from any public statement. Another might be that this is only "petty sins" as compared to match fixing. And there might be many others that just don't occur me ... We just don't know.
I wish we got some explanation about the procedure, what each party is to do, etc.

Re: Snooker players to be banned from all bettings

Postby paperbackwriter

But Higgins did explain himself after second allegations IMO:

In the proceedings I will vigorously defend my name. As you will appreciate, I cannot comment on details that may impact on these disciplinary matters.

"I have been accused in the media of cheating; I have been accused of planning to fix snooker matches. To both of those charges, I am 100% innocent. Snooker is my life. Snooker has been good to me and I hope that over the years I have been good for snooker.