Post a reply

Re: Most graceless in defeat

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:Haven't seen that for years, he looked well effed off didn't he...haha

I think it's safe to say that he got over it, the amount him and Taylor go on about it.

Postby mick745

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump when he claimed an imaginary shoulder injury after losing to Rory at the Crucible.

Totally graceless.

I think that match stung Judd quite badly. I think that Rory is the lowest ranked player ever to knock out a top eight player at the Crucible.

However please provide a link to give evidence that Judd claimed a shoulder injury.

I know what some posters are like on here. They will start saying you made it up as you are bitter at Judd's incredible recent success.

"But, despite seeming to be hindered by a shoulder problem"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/39644265

Postby mick745

Can any of us imagine going through what Steve Davis went through at the end of the 1985 final?

To get to the top level of any sport you must have a huge will to win.

All that effort, all that emotional energy, all that competing, for nothing.

And played out in front of spectators, officials, tv audienes, sponsors, etc. Then to have a mic shoved in your face.

The only suprise is more losers dont lose their cool at times like that.

Being gracious and sporting must be hard at times.

Postby Cloud Strife

mick745 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump when he claimed an imaginary shoulder injury after losing to Rory at the Crucible.

Totally graceless.

I think that match stung Judd quite badly. I think that Rory is the lowest ranked player ever to knock out a top eight player at the Crucible.

However please provide a link to give evidence that Judd claimed a shoulder injury.

I know what some posters are like on here. They will start saying you made it up as you are bitter at Judd's incredible recent success.

"But, despite seeming to be hindered by a shoulder problem"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/39644265

Cheers Mick. Certain people on here will always believe what they want to believe when it comes to their favourites, but it does feel nice to be vindicated.

Postby Cloud Strife

mick745 wrote:This article maybe goes into more depth

"Despite the injury that caused Trump to visibly wince on certain shots"....but McLeod believes the shoulder injury cannot be used as an excuse for Trump again coming up short.

"He was 4-0 up and he didn't look that injured, so what can I do?"

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/wor ... -amp.shtml

"injury that caused Trump to visibly wince on certain shots" rofl rofl

It was certainly an Oscar worthy performance from Judd, that's for sure.

Postby mick745

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Totally graceless.

Cant be the lowest ranked player to knock out a top 8 player though.

James Cahill didnt even have a ranking last year.

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Totally graceless.

Cant be the lowest ranked player to knock out a top 8 player though.

James Cahill didnt even have a ranking last year.

:chuckle: FACT CHECK!

Postby mick745

SnookerFan wrote:Technically, you can't have a rank lower than Rory McLeod if you don't have a rank.

Michael Wasley surely had a lower ranking than McLeod when he knocked out 4th seeded Ding in 2014?

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Technically, you can't have a rank lower than Rory McLeod if you don't have a rank.

Michael Wasley surely had a lower ranking than McLeod when he knocked out 4th seeded Ding in 2014?

Probably.

Postby mick745

And Poomjaeng against 6th seeded Maguire in 2013?

Liang Wenbo vs 4th seed Doherty in 2008?

Mark Allen v 3rd seed Doherty in 2007?

Lee Walker v 5th ranked Stephen Lee in 2004?

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:And Poomjaeng against 6th seeded Maguire in 2013?

Liang Wenbo vs 4th seed Doherty in 2008?

Mark Allen v 3rd seed Doherty in 2007?

Lee Walker v 5th ranked Stephen Lee in 2004?

rofl rofl rofl

Postby mick745

Stuart Bingham was ranked 93 in the world during season 1999/2000.

He knocked number 1 seed and defending champion Stephen Hendry out of the 2000 World Championships, 10-7.

Incidentally same year that number 4 seed O'Sullivan lost in R1 to the player ranked 60th in the world David Gray.

I'll stop now.

Postby Alex0paul

Lee Walker was 280th when he beat Dave Harold,11, and Allan Mcnus, 6, in 1997

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:Stuart Bingham was ranked 93 in the world during season 1999/2000.

He knocked number 1 seed and defending champion Stephen Hendry out of the 2000 World Championships, 10-7.

Incidentally same year that number 4 seed O'Sullivan lost in R1 to the player ranked 60th in the world David Gray.

I'll stop now.

Fine job, sir. :clap:

Now, if you've got a few minutes, could you scroll through all other threads on this forum and fact-check them for accuracy?

Nice one, thanks. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Alex Higgins has to be top i saw him after he lost a exhibition 5-4 against Jimmy White in 1995 i asked him for a autograph and he told me to buck off <laugh>

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Alex Higgins has to be top i saw him after he lost a exhibition 5-4 against Jimmy White in 1995 i asked him for a autograph and he told me to buck off <laugh>

Is that where you learnt it from then? <laugh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:Alex Higgins has to be top i saw him after he lost a exhibition 5-4 against Jimmy White in 1995 i asked him for a autograph and he told me to buck off <laugh>

He was fine with everyone else.

Postby Bjornebye

How didn't Drago knock himself out. Some of them smacks he gave himself were decent !