Post a reply

Re: Help. Practice partner doing my head in

Postby Prop

Alexaryan wrote:It's not the line, it's the movement as I'm feathering. He knows I feather for times and he's moving during the pause to put my alignment off and tbh it tends to work

It is the line. It’s basic etiquette to get well out of the way of an opponent’s vision and stay quiet. State this to him. It should actually be a much less ambiguous or uncomfortable request to say “could you stand out of my eyeline when I’m on a shot please?” rather than “could you stop moving around in front of me right on my backswing please?!”.

Just tell him. Stop affording him your discretion when he’s applied no respect or etiquette of his own towards you or the sport.

If he can’t or won’t, move on. You won’t get any better by sinking to the level of somebody who ruins the enjoyment of the sport for you (to such an extent that you go to the effort of posting the issue on a forum).

Postby Alexaryan

Thanks, it's a normal thing for pool players I guess and he's one of em. I just have to suck it up. I have won 4 out of the last five meetings and he's a sore loser too!
I guess when he starts playing silly moves I just concentrate on 'selbying' him... Grinding rather than my natural potting game, it's improved my safety and b game I guess

Postby LC

Haha I hate anyone moving, walking past when on a shot which happens on certain tables at my club, pocket lurking is another gripe, walking to get ball out of pocket before it’s been potted, assuming it’s that easy you can’t miss!!!! You can miss anything at snooker!!!

Postby Alexaryan

I agree, that's for pool players to do... Snooker is a gentleman's game, I mean if Ronnie and Jimmy can call fouls on themselves that refs haven't even spotted then staying still on an opponents shot is just good manners. I wouldn't dream of talking in a golfers backswing, I'd expect the club wrapped round my head!