Post a reply

Re: Reanne Evans added to Champion Of Champions qualificatio

Postby Iranu

GeF wrote:If Trump or Allen wins IC, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh is in and Reanne Evans alternate #1 (next in).

Edit for correction : Reanne will be Alt#2, 6 red winner comes before.

It’s kind of ridiculous that two alternate-formats are higher in the pecking order than the world champion of an actual proper format tournament, if you think about it.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Evans has entered the world six reds champs as well. So she might get in that way (probably not).

Are they whacking that on Eurosport?

On TV, I mean. Not online.

Probably not. Think it's always been player only in the past.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Evans has entered the world six reds champs as well. So she might get in that way (probably not).

Are they whacking that on Eurosport?

On TV, I mean. Not online.

Probably not. Think it's always been player only in the past.

Am sure they used to have it on the main channel.

That's been years though.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is not strictly fair that she is in but life's not fair.

She should add a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to the tournament.

What's fair? It's an invitational.

That is why I used the word 'not'.

:roll: <doh>

What I mean is, the concept of fair doesn't really exist here. There's no fair or unfair. It's an invitational, and the organisers can invite whoever they want.

I really don't understand what the big deal is anyway. It's not like she's got a wildcard onto the tour. She's not even automatically guaranteed to be there. She's second reserve if they can't make up the numbers. And this is one event amongst dozens now in the season.

Could they pick the highest ranked player who hasn't won a trophy? Yes. But when they did that, people soiled themselves that not all participants were champions. They've got to make the numbers up somehow, and people never seem happy whatever they do. Why not have the Women's champion as a reserve, if not all places are filled? It's distinguishes itself from other ITV tournaments that are based on rank of some kind.

To be honest, I think it's less fair that Jimmy White keeps being allowed back onto the tour, despite keep dropping off of it.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fwiw I agree

Yeah, sorry.

Most of that little rant wasn't really aimed at you. rofl

I started off explaining that I meant the concept of fairness doesn't really apply here, and went off on one a bit. <laugh>

You're right. She'll bring something to the tournament in terms of interest and media coverage, even if she does get spanked 4-0 in an hour.

And come on. Who doesn't want to see a Reanne Evans vs Mark Allen grudge match. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:By the way, if she does draw Mark Allen I will be 100% supporting Reanne.

Unlike Mark Joyce’s mum.

We don't know that.

We know Mark Joyce's mum doesn't like Mark Joyce.

We don't however know which players she does like.

Postby Wildey

Its Champion of Champions Reanne definitly has that credentials there are Ranking based tournaments Shanghai Masters and Masters lets look at Pro Am to make up the numbers in this event rather than rankings...at the Mo Mark Selby is not in, on rankings he could be without winning anything.

Postby Ck147

All for it personally, been playing my daughter all week at pool while on hols and she has got pretty close to beating me. Will be encouringing her. Watching snooker over the years and listening to the old pro's,etc has made me a lot better. Now passing that down to her. We had a couple of great black ball finals in best out of 5 :)