83%
No
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Judd 2019/20

Postby Ace

Lemnas wrote:
Ace wrote:
Lemnas wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snooker-tour-2019-20-experts-predictions/
I don't think his season will be that good.

What? Look how many people picked Judd there.

I don't even see Ronnie being mentioned anywhere.

Do you know what a prediction is? I PERSONALLY don't think Judd will have a good season, the experts in the article I posted think he will.

Experts >>>> Lemnas

Postby D4P

Judd seems mostly poised to be the top player on tour this upcoming season. My only hesitation in anointing him king stems from the way he lost at the Tour Championship to Ronnie.

He choked that match away in a manner that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in his mental toughness or his readiness to replace Ronnie at the top...

Postby Ace

D4P wrote:Judd seems mostly poised to be the top player on tour this upcoming season. My only hesitation in anointing him king stems from the way he lost at the Tour Championship to Ronnie.

He choked that match away in a manner that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in his mental toughness or his readiness to replace Ronnie at the top...

Hasn't Ronnie choked away matches?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:Judd seems mostly poised to be the top player on tour this upcoming season. My only hesitation in anointing him king stems from the way he lost at the Tour Championship to Ronnie.

Fair post IMO

Postby Ck147

I think he will, "great" being 3 tournaments, he's matured now and with his brother helping it will most likely continue.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:I think he will, "great" being 3 tournaments, he's matured now and with his brother helping it will most likely continue.

I think that's been the key to Judd. He's matured.

In previous years, he'd lose to people he shouldn't have. It happened far too many times to just write it off as the odd bad result. The only reason I can think of is that he'd assume because he was the better player, that would mean he'd automatically win. The loss to Rory McLeod at The Crucible is a good example of that kind of loss.

His upswing in form has coincided with his brother helping him. Maybe having family around has knocked some sense into him a bit. I'm hoping this lasts. Judd was beginning to become a player who spunked his talent away, but not any more.

I'm hoping this new found maturity continues. If it does, he'll win plenty more. He's just got to remember put his attention into practice, and turning that practice form into tournament form. Not shoes.