Post a reply

Re: Higgins Match Fixing Stuff

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Give Hann a wildcard onto the tour next year! I want to see what he was capable of.

He was pretty good when in the zone actually, and a fine pool player <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:It's really a matter for Higgins I suppose. If I were him, I'd step aside now, but it's up to him.

he has shamed himself now, i cant believe it, he seemed a nice bloke 3 world titles an mbe fom the queen then suddenly this. its a shock to the system.

we all as fan need to stick together and support the game we love

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:Give Hann a wildcard onto the tour next year! I want to see what he was capable of.

Talking of wildcards, Reanne has been given one for next season.

Thats if there is a season at all.

Postby Rocket_ron

i miss quinten hann other than ronnie he was one of my idols but i only saw him a few years before he got banned.

his 10-9 win over hunter at the worlds was class

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:

He was pretty good when in the zone actually, and a fine pool player <ok>

He was a poor mans Ronnie in many ways. Played with similar flair and attitude albeit at a lesser level, but lost interest easily and was inconsistent, he was a constant pain in the neck to the WSA too so they were glad to be shot of him.

Postby Roland

Yeah but he was a character and he was a bloody good player from what I remember.

Postby Alex0paul

Hann's match with Williams in the 98 WC was a classic that never seems to get a mention

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Hann's match with Williams in the 98 WC was a classic that never seems to get a mention

i never saw that so cant comment, but details would be gratefully recieved

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:Hann's match with Williams in the 98 WC was a classic that never seems to get a mention

that wasnt the one he went 2-0 up then lost 13 frames in a row to lose 13-2 was it?

and he tried all his mad break off shots.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Witz78 wrote:

that wasnt the one he went 2-0 up then lost 13 frames in a row to lose 13-2 was it?

I think that one was 2003.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:

Na Hann was 9-4 down. Got back to 9-9 and Williams won it on the pink with a mad man like fist pump.

Williams, M. v. Hann
44-82, 63-32, 114-0, 8-74, 85-26, 64-16, 42-72, 38-71, 80-8: 5–4
68-65, 68-32, 76-31, 69-1, 39-94, 1-76, 6-72, 24-72, 40-63, 64-55: 10–9
Last edited by Alex0paul on 02 May 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:

Hans break off shots :ahh:

Postby Witz78

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I think that one was 2003.

yeh i didnt think that one could have been 12 years ago

Postby Roland

Alex0paul wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Na Hann was 9-4 down. Got back to 9-9 and Williams won it on the pink with a mad man like fist pump.

Williams, M. v. Hann
44-82, 63-32, 114-0, 8-74, 85-26, 64-16, 42-72, 38-71, 80-8: 5–4
68-65, 68-32, 76-31, 69-1, 39-94, 1-76, 6-72, 24-72, 40-63, 64-55: 10–9

Do you have that on tape or hard drive or whatever?

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Hans break off shots :ahh:

i famously copied Hanns break off tactics once when i was playing a match, losing and very frustrated.

I actually potted 3 reds off it, actually the first and only time ive ever done it. Wonder what the probability of potting a red by doing it is?

Postby Wildey

what has hann got to do with anything other than a blueprint of what John will get.

stupid bucking berk whats he done ???????????????

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:i famously copied Hanns break off tactics once when i was playing a match, losing and very frustrated.

I actually potted 3 reds off it, actually the first and only time ive ever done it. Wonder what the probability of potting a red by doing it is?

i can imagine you having ago at this witz, that shot has your name all over it

Postby Roland

Haha class.

Old matches should be more readily available. Tonights match would be a good one to look at in year to come.

Postby Alex0paul

I am hoping Dott doesn't find out about this tonight as I am sure he is probably already struggling to sleep

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:i famously copied Hanns break off tactics once when i was playing a match, losing and very frustrated.

i can imagine you having ago at this witz, that shot has your name all over it

haha what you trying to say? that im a bit of a loose cannon and reckless rofl

True about the probability not being that high to justify it Sonny, but at the level im playing at so long as you play the white ball with an intention for it to travel back up the table (somehow) then always a good chance even if you dont pot youll have the balls spread far and wide with your opponent faced with an all or nothing first shot.

Postby Wildey

if this what happens when you let Snooker players have Administrative Role or make decisions that 51% share Barry Hearn wants Looks more Bastard attractive Every bloody day.

Postby Roland

Well there must be a way of playing it so that you can maximise your chances of spreading the reds and leaving the white safe. Someone will come along one day and lead the way. But the tables will have to be a level where they're very consistent.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Well there must be a way of playing it so that you can maximise your chances of spreading the reds and leaving the white safe. Someone will come along one day and lead the way. But the tables will have to be a level where they're very consistent.

what was it? 3rd red up lots of bottom and hit as hard as you can

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well there must be a way of playing it so that you can maximise your chances of spreading the reds and leaving the white safe. Someone will come along one day and lead the way. But the tables will have to be a level where they're very consistent.

what was it? 3rd red up lots of bottom and hit as hard as you can

Im in the club in the morning for a couple of hours to get practice in before my match on Monday but i will set up about 10 break offs and try different rattle splatters to see how likely i am to pot reds off the break. Im natually attacking so this could actually be the ideal tactic for me as i usually outpot my opponents, they have to grind me down normally or do a series of hit and runs and tying me up in safety battles.

That montage of the 98 tournament is strange, i was just finishing 2nd year at Uni then, a combination of cheap student drink and studying for exams means i must have missed more of that tournament than i thought. Jimmys R1 win over Hendry the only early tournament memory that jumps out at me.

Amazing to see how everyones aged so much since then :-(

Lee was the baby faced assassin.

Davis and Ebdon were clinging onto their hair back then. Almost forget the likes of Verhass was on the go back then. I almost forgot Darren Morgan was still kicking about too in 98

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Interesting Hazel , Barry and co. are saying that there's no evidence Higgins has thrown matches in the past but there is the implication that he was pretty poor against a 52 year old Steve Davis

And NOTW says it's going to come out with more shocking revelations next week whatever that means

Of course there's innocent until proven guilty but after seeing the NOTW video Higgins and his agent don't look like they're in fear of their lives

One good thing is that Hearn has said that the investigation is going to take " days and weeks rather months and months " so this will hopefully have a quick outcome

Postby Witz78

More shocking revelations?

I wonder what that means?

More players involved in different incidents?

The Higgins - Davis match lost on purpose?