Post a reply

Re: Higgins Match Fixing Stuff

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Witz78 wrote:More shocking revelations?

I wonder what that means?

More players involved in different incidents?

The Higgins - Davis match lost on purpose?

No I'm sure if the 1985 final was fixed it would have been revealed at the time

Having said that if the " shock revelations " involve more big name stars you have to wonder how serious the damege will be for the long term game ?

Postby SnookerFan

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:

Having said that if the " shock revelations " involve more big name stars you have to wonder how serious the damege will be for the long term game ?

Soon, we'll find out Ronnie was never naturally gifted, Willie Thorne was never bald, and Dennis Taylor has 20/20 vision...

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:More shocking revelations?..........The Higgins - Davis match lost on purpose?

don't talk rot

i said it at the time and ill say it again. A shock like that should just not happen over a best of 25 format, even on a best of 9 it would have been a major shock. Some of the shots Higgins missed drew more than a raised eyebrow from many inside the Crucible

Postby Witz78

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:

Higgins is obviously the biggest name star they have dirt on since theyve used him as the front runner of their match fixing story.

Postby SnookerFan

It's been a few days since this happened, but it still seems amazing that Higgins would do this.... Despite one of the least credible sources I can think of (The News of the World), this still saddens me, if true.

But I think what has been said previously was true. As fans we have to stick together through this. Even if we have been treated like mugs, and match fixing is rife, we never have to forget how much we love this sport, and how much we enjoy watching it, and talking about it with other fans. One guy on another forum, knowing I'm not a Ronnie fan, said to me the other day; "Bet this doesn't make Ronnie look so bad, does it?" We don't need this attitude, this is bigger then who we are fans of. The whole sport could shake due to these revelations.

Postby Casey

In a way IF Higgins is found guilty it will put Ronnie’s misdemeanours in perspective.

Although there is much more to this than meets the eye, if you read that article I put up yesterday it does go some way to corroborating what John has said. However will John have enough to clear his name? Not sure, the WPBSA on one hand would be gutted to lose one of their main assets, on the other hand they might not have a choice if they want credibility.

I wonder will John be at the meeting today? Does anybody know what time it is at?

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:In a way IF Higgins is found guilty it will put Ronnie’s misdemeanours in perspective.

Although there is much more to this than meets the eye, if you read that article I put up yesterday it does go some way to corroborating what John has said. However will John have enough to clear his name? Not sure, the WPBSA on one hand would be gutted to lose one of their main assets, on the other hand they might not have a choice if they want credibility.

I wonder will John be at the meeting today? Does anybody know what time it is at?

Just read it, and commented on it.

Of course IF Higgins is guilty, it would be worse then walking out on you paying fans or putting a towel on your head. But IF it is true, I don't feel snooker fans should start going inside on themselves and turn it into any opportunity to argue about people's favourite players. You could also argue it puts Ebdon's slow putting Ronnie off in perspective, whether you think he was guilty or not. It puts Mark King and Quinten Hann's fight into perspective. It puts a lot of things into perspective. The point is, it shouldn't be about other players. Or us bickering about who are favourite players are. If it's true-and like I said on your other post, I sincerely hope it isn't - than Higgins should be thrown the book at, and anybody in the snooker community from the fans right up to Barry Hearn should stick together, because we're all going to get mud thrown our way.