Post a reply

Re: Higgins Match Fixing Stuff

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:Just to spice things up a bit. Higgins deliberately lost a frame in his local club for money should he be banned by the WPBSA?

case your just not getting the trust issue,
it doesnt matter here he fixes he has be caught on video with a board member agreeing to fix matches. thats goona leave his credability and the sports in taters

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:Who is the world number 18? If Maguire is chucked out they could get in also <laugh>

Ebdon

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Just to spice things up a bit. Higgins deliberately lost a frame in his local club for money should he be banned by the WPBSA?

it doesnt matter here he fixes he has be caught on video with a board member agreeing to fix matches. thats goona leave his credability and the sports in taters

READ AGAIN

I said I was spicing things up, you know adding a different perspective I didn't say it was my personal view.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:I know this kinda sounds bad but, where does this leave Maguire and Lee's situation, will that get brushed under the carpet now, good time to bury bad news etc ?

Stephen Lee was innocent. Apparently his wife had been given a large sum of money in terms of a bonus for starting a new job or something which probably sparked the whole thing. There was an article on World Snooker about it I think.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

READ AGAIN

I said I was spicing things up, you know adding a different perspective I didn't say it was my personal view.

sorry

Postby Casey

I really hope some of you on here never get called on jury duty………….. :redneck: :redneck:

Postby Casey

Mooney -http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/snooker/7666170/John-Higgins-accused-of-agreeing-to-fix-snooker-matches.html

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Who is the world number 18? If Maguire is chucked out they could get in also <laugh>

peter ebdon

This gets worse and worse.... you've got to laugh. At least Jamie Cope is now top 16

Postby Roland

After being confronted with the claims Mooney said: "You have no idea what the circumstances were in Kiev, that’s why I have no comment.

"But we were genuinely in fear for our safety. In that situation we were just fortunate to be able to leave the country."

:chin:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:After being confronted with the claims Mooney said: "You have no idea what the circumstances were in Kiev, that’s why I have no comment.

"But we were genuinely in fear for our safety. In that situation we were just fortunate to be able to leave the country."

Indeed, I would like to see some elaboration on this

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:
Sonny wrote:After being confronted with the claims Mooney said: "You have no idea what the circumstances were in Kiev, that’s why I have no comment.

Indeed, I would like to see some elaboration on this

That almost makes it sound like a controlled meeting with bucking terrorists standing over them with guns :chin:

Postby Bourne

Apparently Hearn is meant to be on 5live tomorrow morning to discuss the final, wonder if that goes ahead now.

Postby Casey

John Higgins - ""In my 18 years playing professional snooker I have never deliberately missed a shot, never mind intentionally lost a frame or a match. My conscience is 100 per cent clear."

He is going nowhere folks so Jamie Cope will have to wait another year.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:John Higgins - ""In my 18 years playing professional snooker I have never deliberately missed a shot, never mind intentionally lost a frame or a match. My conscience is 100 per cent clear."

this is going to be an interesting couple of weeks. do we think higgins is inocent?

Postby Witz78

Disaster for snooker just when things were potentially about to take a positive step with Hearns new plans.

Regardless of whether its a non WPSBA event that Higgins was going to throw matches at, the fact is match fixing is match fixing and his reputation is tarnished forever now.

The fact the world number 1, world champion, one of the all time greats and leading prize earners could stoop to this depth to earn a few extra quid leads me to think that match fixing is rife within the sport and us, the fans have been made fools of for years. The Franciscos and Hanns of this world are merely the tip of the iceberg.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:John Parrott will stay on the tour now <laugh>

IF he is banned. Judging by Mooney's and John's comments they are not going to take this lying down, which means kicking John out is not going to be easy.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Disaster for snooker just when things were potentially about to take a positive step with Hearns new plans.

Regardless of whether its a non WPSBA event that Higgins was going to throw matches at, the fact is match fixing is match fixing and his reputation is tarnished forever now.

The fact the world number 1, world champion, one of the all time greats and leading prize earners could stoop to this depth to earn a few extra quid leads me to think that match fixing is rife within the sport and us, the fans have been made fools of for years. The Franciscos and Hanns of this world are merely the tip of the iceberg.

excellent post there witz, im with you i think snooker coild be tarnished and match fixing is secretly rife

ronnie 2010 china open missed black :john: :chin:

Postby Casey

<ok>

I reckon we would all be shocked to the core to find out the amount of players that have done it.

Remember the Malta Cup a couple of years ago, round Robin non ranking. Supposedly there were several matches there that were dodgy and it only had the worlds top 16 there.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:John Higgins - ""In my 18 years playing professional snooker I have never deliberately missed a shot, never mind intentionally lost a frame or a match. My conscience is 100 per cent clear."

this is going to be an interesting couple of weeks. do we think higgins is inocent?

Hann could easily have came out and said the same because he got hut with an 8 year ban purely for agreeing to throw matches. This is what John has also been caught on camera doing so for me he is guilty.

If his conscience is clear, why on earth did he even consider getting involved entertaining the possibility of fixing matches? <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:Disaster for snooker just when things were potentially about to take a positive step with Hearns new plans.

Yeah, you really would wonder wouldn't you? I think Higgins is the last man you would've picked out. When you hear David Hendon considering turning his back on the game, things aren't good.

In the last couple of years, we've heard so much about matchfixing, who know's how much is really going on and has gone on?

Postby Alex0paul

According to Hann, he wouldn't have got banned if he'd fought the charges. He doesn't say why, though:

"wow you can google so you think that tells you the full story if i wanted to defend myself i would never have got banned worse case bringing game into disrupute 6 months max that is solicitors verdict as i had solid defence which no one knows because i just chose to end an ugly chapter of my life. so 35k solicitors fee's and then i can continue on a tour with no money. when 6 months earlier id already told everyone i was only playing the world title next year as id had enough. in hindsight the ban was the best thing to ever happen to me as all i did was complain about the game."

Postby littlebylittle

I have just read the news after coming in from work and was reading about greame's victory and then i watched the video.I am hoping above hope that there is a reason for this but it dont look good.All i can say is i am gutted and feel hurt by this.Dott and Robertson must be gutted as well

Postby Tubberlad

It's really a matter for Higgins I suppose. If I were him, I'd step aside now, but it's up to him.

Postby Roland

Give Hann a wildcard onto the tour next year! I want to see what he was capable of.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Give Hann a wildcard onto the tour next year! I want to see what he was capable of.

He was pretty good when in the zone actually, and a fine pool player <ok>