Post a reply

Re: Ronnie is scared of Judd Trump

Postby Lemnas

Ace wrote:And as everyone knows, fans like winners and this is true for every sport. They will naturally move for Judd and leave Ronnie if Judd keeps beating him.

Absolutely!
Our older members can still remember how beloved Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry were in their prime, while Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were ridiculed and hated, because they kept losing to the fan favorites. Winning is just more important than personality and style of play for snooker fans especially.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ace wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ace wrote:What do you mean? Didn't you pick the Ronnie vs Hendry semi to show that was Ronnie's peak? How else am I meant to compare peak play? It has to be against your point of reference lol

I didn't specify any match. I said pretty much any match Ronnie played at the 2004 World Championship. So was curious why you picked the Hendry match particularly.

Out of interest, were you watching snooker at the time? No judgement, I'm just curious to how new a fan you are.

That was his best level of play in the tournament, in the SF though. This is what I mean, you're struggling to find a MATCH with Ronnie's peak that you think can be compareable to Judd's aren't you? Dude, why don't you just admit Judd's peak is better than Ronnie's if you weren't thinking of the 2004 Ronnie/Hendry SF lol come on, stop struggling so hard.

Yes I was. At the time that was the best Ronnie I had ever seen and even better play than Hendry in his Hendry. Hendry in his prime could never destroy Ronnie who hadn't reached his prime 17-4 while Ronnie could, even though Hendry wasn't in his prime but was still a good player across the tour. That's very telling.

Ronnie was the best player I'd ever seen and that was with Judd playing through 2011-2018, UNTIL.

2019 World Championship final.

Kid, stop embarrassing yourself. Judd's peak level is not above that of Ronnie. It might be in the future, but it isn't at the moment. Using the number of tons in a final to prove your theory is a weak argument. Century count can depend on several factors, such as how lucky you are when u split the pack, or where balls land during a frame.
At his best, Ronnie always has the white under perfect control. Judd has to rely on recovery shots. That's what makes Ronnie superior.
And although the hammering that Judd gave to Higgins is impressive, it kinda loses its brightness a notch or two when u consider the fact that Higgins has also lost 2 other finals previous to this one, he was poor all season long and most importantly, he's in his bucking 40's.

And btw, I like Judd a lot and I enjoy the way he plays. But he's not surpassed Ronnie's peak form yet.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Lemnas wrote:
Ace wrote:And as everyone knows, fans like winners and this is true for every sport. They will naturally move for Judd and leave Ronnie if Judd keeps beating him.

Absolutely!
Our older members can still remember how beloved Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry were in their prime, while Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were ridiculed and hated, because they kept losing to the fan favorites. Winning is just more important than personality and style of play for snooker fans especially.

Irony.
<ok>