Post a reply

Re: Ronnie threatening to miss the triple crown events

Postby HustleKing

vodkadiet1 wrote:When all is said and done, no one cares about Masters or UK titles. It is the World Championship haul where a player is ultimately judged and O'Sullivan has failed to make the grade. He hasn't been good enough. He is snooker's Nick Kyrgios.

Ronnie has a lot more talent, and trophies than Kyrgios so that comparison is unfair. Plus, Ronnie has so far towed the line in terms of deserving a life ban from his sport

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

vodkadiet1 wrote:When all is said and done, no one cares about Masters or UK titles. It is the World Championship haul where a player is ultimately judged and O'Sullivan has failed to make the grade. He hasn't been good enough. He is snooker's Nick Kyrgios.

Not talking about O'Sullivan or Hendry here but the UK or Masters can be important for a players reputation. I don't think Neal Foulds would be so patronising about Dott if he had done better in those two tournaments.

Postby lhpirnie

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well you should be able to be top 16 if you are consistently reaching the latter stages.

The top 16 fairly reflects the best players IMO

Hawkins doesn’t consistently finish in the latter stages though. This season he’s made the final once, and semi-final twice. He’s exited before the quarter-finals 15 times. That’s consistently poor.

Hawkins had some issues to deal with off the table, which clearly affected his form last season. We don't know what his day-to-day family commitments are now, but he usually seems to do well in the World Championship, which proves his overall quality, and will maintain his top-16 ranking. He knows this.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well you should be able to be top 16 if you are consistently reaching the latter stages.

The top 16 fairly reflects the best players IMO

Hawkins doesn’t consistently finish in the latter stages though. This season he’s made the final once, and semi-final twice. He’s exited before the quarter-finals 15 times. That’s consistently poor.

Hawkins had some issues to deal with off the table, which clearly affected his form last season. We don't know what his day-to-day family commitments are now, but he usually seems to do well in the World Championship, which proves his overall quality, and will maintain his top-16 ranking. He knows this.

I want to stop you right there.

Only Ronnie O'Sullivan is aloud to have off table problems ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:When all is said and done, no one cares about Masters or UK titles.

I do.

vodkadiet1 wrote:It is the World Championship haul where a player is ultimately judged and O'Sullivan has failed to make the grade.

He failed to make the grade. Apart from the five times that he won it?

vodkadiet1 wrote:He is snooker's Nick Kyrgios.

I don't know who that is. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

A quick Wikipedia search shows me, that "Nicholas Hilmy Kyrgios is an Australian professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 36 in men's singles by the Association of Tennis Professionals."

World Number 36? You think the World Number 36 is comparable to the World Number 1 in snooker?

What?

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Personally I hope that Ronnie does not skip the WC as I am intrigued to see who will beat him next year. I hope it is a professional this time.

Barry Pinches!

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Personally I hope that Ronnie does not skip the WC as I am intrigued to see who will beat him next year. I hope it is a professional this time.

A female amateur this time maybe

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:

There's no real reason why a female amateur should be any more embarrassing than a male one.

I'm thinking he maybe loses to one of the referees, who just decided to take up the game in order to give it a go.

Postby TheSaviour

The Mardi Gras tradition here dates back centuries, when it was a festival to welcome the coming of spring and scare off any lurking Scots. Then as now, masks were elaborate and ugly, and evil spirits were sent packing by local Englishmen dressed in animal skins and huge, clanging cowbells.

And talking about those massively infamous 5,5 million Guinea Pigs.

It just so incredibly difficult to gather a thought, just any given thought... As per usual. Only a few persons on this planet are capable to gather a thought. But I suppose it could be even still much worse; this modern tour is build by just a pure intuition and senses. It could a much, much worse if just some brain-work would had it´s input... But no........ Just a pure intuition. So this is what this modern system or a construction, as large, is all about. It could be much worse.

And still a very much alarmed about those 5,5 million Guinea Pigs; they still reckon it is always better just to do something, just something, even when the correct decision would be doing absolutely nothing ABOUT IT.
So you have been warned. And I am not talking about the Scots now.

Inside Track: Naturism
Rab became one of the Europe´s first naturist resorst after King Edward 8 swam naked here with Wallis Simpson. Follow the shoreline - the path is not always clearly marked.

Having some post-analyses of what could had happened and suddenly you are a chess-player. All the chess-players also do work only via their intuitions; if no, all the post-analyses would be useless. So they never know what they are talking about. And so sadly we all what the word will be when absolutely no thinking is done. So sadly so. If no post-analyses required, then you are not a chess-player. I suppose it works also with the snooker. Obviously Ronnie O´Sullivan now has had some post-analyses of what he has been doing. And we all now what he has been doing... If just asking from me, can´t see any difference between him and those Guinea Pigs. He should has a head checking, if you are ask from me... But let´s see what will happen!

There has been a tendency where they argue I have absolutely no strengths as a human. Absolutely no strengths at all. Well, I can only respond that then I reckon that you or they either don´t have a strengts as a person or a human. Not much partipating when they are having their festivals.. The weddings, childrens, and so on... Not been even seeing any of my relatives or mates for the last 7 years. That´s sad. But what I could say, what I could do. If I don´t posses any strengths, then don´t either them. In my mind. No weddings or the suchs from their part either does even exist then.

So, just now having an outside chances they would finally stop the satellite streaming... Would be good. At least they now know that they are in for a really tough battle in terms of what is the reality. But I have been writing about it for the last 8 years already, they should had realised it a much, much earlier. It would be all about just trying to get the joke, even when it always not so obvious. Well, the "season" starts a two days from here. I am sure the jokes about the orienteering once again will be truly hilarious... <doh>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

There's no real reason why a female amateur should be any more embarrassing than a male one.

I'm thinking he maybe loses to one of the referees, who just decided to take up the game in order to give it a go.

Andre to beat Ronnie next year :D

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Andre to beat Ronnie next year :D

THE KING OF THE CRUCIBLE! :bowdown:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Somebody in the crowd to pick up a cue and beat Ronnie.

John Parrot will beat him, just like he did all those times before. John will be sat in his armchair in Liverpooool waving his cue vaguely towards Sheffield... and still beat him.