Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan cheating incident.

Postby HappyCamper

Clearly players need to have implants which monitor nerve signals to their brains. This is the only way to truly know of a player has felt contact.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
rekoons wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
If you watch the clip on the table you will see he is not looking at the red that moved, and if he felt it he would have automatically glanced to see what he had hit.

That's the only thing imo that advocates he didn't notice. It's impossible to feel the hit and not automatically glance to see what happened. He didn't glance, and we know he's not that good an actor at all! <laugh>

This is absolutely key. If he'd felt it there's no way he could have helped but look at it, it would have been auto-pilot, the red will have still been moving, he'd have called it on himself.

Impossible? That is stretching it a few notches.

This is a hung jury with no possibility of resolution. It is similar to Brexit with the fanboys being the equivalent of the ERG!

Revoke I say! Revoke!

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:I believe this was the worst moment of Ronnie O'Sullivan's career. He let himself down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-L5AEy7_Jc

Jesus Mate this has gone down with the Titanic its that ancient.

That happened on 19th of october 2018 almost 6 months ago why bring it up now ffs <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I believe this was the worst moment of Ronnie O'Sullivan's career. He let himself down.

That happened on 19th of october 2018 almost 6 months ago why bring it up now ffs <doh>

To be fair, I think the Titanic sank slightly more than six months ago.

Other than that, I agree with the sentiment.... <ok>

Postby Andre147

For all this discussion, as a referee myself who has reffed some of the top players I have to say a referee has to notice a foul like that.

Tatiana didnt, we all make mistakes. I've also made some refereeing matches. I'm sure the ref, as much as the player, felt bad about it. I would. But like I said we all make mistakes, even if Ronnie did notice it or not.

Postby Koninkaulus

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

To be fair, I think the Titanic sank slightly more than six months ago.

Other than that, I agree with the sentiment.... <ok>

To be fair, you were the one who brought it up in the other thread.

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:To be fair, you were the one who brought it up in the other thread.

True, to be fair. I tend to bring it up as a joke sometimes.

Doesn't mean you got to start a thread just because I mention it on another thread, mind. rofl

Postby Koninkaulus

SnookerFan wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:To be fair, you were the one who brought it up in the other thread.

Doesn't mean you got to start a thread just because I mention it on another thread, mind. rofl

Obviously not. It did spark a bit of discussion that Vodkadiet clearly wanted to continue though. Or maybe he did want to annoy some people. Whatever the case, I think it's a valid thread.

Postby Andre147

Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Obviously not. It did spark a bit of discussion that Vodkadiet clearly wanted to continue though. Or maybe he did want to annoy some people. Whatever the case, I think it's a valid thread.

It's valid, but the title is wrong.

It should read "Ronnie O'Sullivan foul incident", even if you believe he did know it.

Postby Koninkaulus

Andre147 wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's valid, but the title is wrong.

It should read "Ronnie O'Sullivan foul incident", even if you believe he did know it.

Yeah, I did suggest that.

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan foul incident.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Where is the Selby incident? I want to see that.

:goodpost:

I don't remember what match it was.. But I do remember him fouling with the rest and not noticing it. At least I think it was Selby. Will do a search on youtube later.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Where is the Selby incident? I want to see that.

:goodpost:

I don't remember what match it was.. But I do remember him fouling with the rest and not noticing it. At least I think it was Selby. Will do a search on youtube later.

WE SAID NOW! :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:John Higgins foul incident. That music in the end though. rofl

In my opinion, there's no debate on that one.

That one was a lot more subtle, and easy to miss.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Did Sullivan rubbish himself?

Yes. He thought he was playing Higgins.

I didn’t say spunk

You have now though, so that’s something.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Fairly pointless debate but an interesting pecadillo.
In my experience of playing at a fairly high level for far too many years and judging by the evidence in the video...

Higgins may not have known.
O'Sullivan knew
Fu knew.

That is my view.