Post a reply

Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby mick745

With two events to go Jimmy White is heading for relegation. He hasn't qualified for the China Open so unless he does extremely well in the World Qualifiers the time is up.

His QR1 match may well be his last professional match therefore.

Would he get another Wild Card?

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby TheSaviour

Given the playing and more importantly, his bodylanguage, I would suggest there wouldn´t be any wild card. Goes without saying, he´s still a man to watch while practicing on a table. But his gestures has been too "expert" lately. The game still no any easy. And all this is just to best to Jimmy, as far as I can see it, as his top game very likely just wouldn´t be there anymore. I certainly would like to remember him as a someone who still could show-up and to win things. Currently it is just that yes perhaps still, but then what would be the overall standards out there to that to happen...

Certainly a smashing bloke, so would still like to see him doing perhaps something else. And now that I wrote it like that, I am sure he will be playing the snooker of his lifetime in Sheffield lol.

Seems that, according the talks, it will be it for Dominic Dale, Peter Ebdon and Jimmy White. But wouldn´t be surprised at all if it wouldn´t be any of them.

But seriously, sounds pretty self-destructive if he would still receive a wild card. It sound almost as self-destructive as if I would again have a full-time internet access lol. Perhaps a lots of a farming during the days, bathing and playing during the evenings... Rite.... Ain´t rite. I need a fresh air, just like Jimmy needs confidence. I don´t need all those people around me, and Jimmy doesn´t need any advices.. So you figure :wave: . But I ain´t dumb, so instead of that am once again planning a trip to Sheffield.... Or at least somewhere close to Sheffield <doh> .
Last edited by TheSaviour on 25 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:With two events to go Jimmy White is heading for relegation. He hasn't qualified for the China Open so unless he does extremely well in the World Qualifiers the time is up.

His QR1 match may well be his last professional match therefore.

Would he get another Wild Card?


With Hearn, it wouldn't amaze me if he did.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Vallomas

James Wattana was given a new wild card two years ago (along with Jimmy and Ken Doherty), so it's very likely that it will happen again.

Jimmy needs two wins in the qualifiers to have a chance to finish high in the 1 year list and the 1st round can be easy - as he is in thd top 80. As for the 2nd, though, we all know that it will be tough.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Jimmy should have retired years ago, it would have sparred him from a lot of embarrassment.

Or if he really wants to carry on, he should change his style and go for less long pots, he certainly can't make those like he used to anymore. And he should be practicing hard.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:Jimmy should have retired years ago, it would have sparred him from a lot of embarrassment.

Or if he really wants to carry on, he should change his style and go for less long pots, he certainly can't make those like he used to anymore. And he should be practicing hard.


I don't think practice is the problem for Jimmy. :gag:

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Alex0paul

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:If he wins the World Championship he'll be safe.


Not if but when

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Godot

Cloud Strife wrote:Jimmy will get another wildcard and deservedly so. Just rewards for what the man has done for the sport.


I'd be inclined to agree. He's a numpty these days, but it's not like he's utterly dreadful like Ashley Hugill or Sanderson Lam.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:Jimmy will get another wildcard and deservedly so. Just rewards for what the man has done for the sport.


That's true, he has been a great ambassador for the sport. Millions were drawn to the game cause of him. Countless others picked up the game due to him. :hatoff:
But it doesn't do the man any favor by continuing to play on only to get beat by nobodies.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Jimmy will get another wildcard and deservedly so. Just rewards for what the man has done for the sport.


That's true, he has been a great ambassador for the sport. Millions were drawn to the game cause of him. Countless others picked up the game due to him. :hatoff:
But it doesn't do the man any favor by continuing to play on only to get beat by nobodies.


I think Jimmy only plays on as a hobby these days, which is fair enough. Good for him, if he still enjoys competing.

He knows his legacy is secure no matter what happens now, nobody can take that away from him. So let him play on as long as he wants, as far as I'm concerned. It's not like he has a ton of options away from snooker.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby gallantrabbit

Jimmy should be given a wildcard for as long as he wants one OR until he's depriving a decent player of a tour card. As Q school only churns over generally the same names and very few good new faces it is beeter to have the Jim on board than some faceless wonder. It gives him a reason to practice and the seniors gig will be better for it. Why spoil the man's enjoyment when he has given us so much over the years?

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby The_Abbott

It's never it for Jimmy. He'll keep going with the wild cards. Its why I never understand why he moans on about ranking points. What about all the poor sods that don't get an invitation when they fail to stay in Top 64?

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Wildey

mick745 wrote:With two events to go Jimmy White is heading for relegation. He hasn't qualified for the China Open so unless he does extremely well in the World Qualifiers the time is up.

His QR1 match may well be his last professional match therefore.

Would he get another Wild Card?

He was relegated 2 years ago until hearn gave him a old mate fart card

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Jimmy should be given a wildcard for as long as he wants one OR until he's depriving a decent player of a tour card. As Q school only churns over generally the same names and very few good new faces it is beeter to have the Jim on board than some faceless wonder. It gives him a reason to practice and the seniors gig will be better for it. Why spoil the man's enjoyment when he has given us so much over the years?

absalute bullocks if hes not good eough bin him off.


if i was Jimmy i would refuse another card its getting embarasing.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby gallantrabbit

Let Jimmy decide if it's getting embarrassing. Unless there's so much talent at Q school that he is keeping good players off the tour. That is just not happening. It ain't 1990.

Re: Is this it for Jimmy?

Postby Alex0paul

Amazing to think he was 44 at the time of his last Crucible appearance yet the defending champion will be that age this year.


   

cron