Post a reply

Which of these should Ronnie be awarded?

Rear Of The Year
29%
Miss World
12%
Slimmer Of The Year
6%
The chance to represent the UK in Eurovision
18%
The Stephen Hendry trophy, despite not entering in Scotland
6%
The newly invented Jimmy White trophy for flying in practice
18%
The Nobel Peace Prize
No votes
World Snooker's Employee Of The Month
6%
The Six Nations Wooden Spoon
No votes
Snooker's Rookie Of The Year
6%

Total votes : 17

Re: What trophy should Ronnie be awarded?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:As Ronnie was cruelly overlooked for the Sports Personality Of The Year, which of the following do you think Ronnie should be awarded instead?

Ronnie's actually the favourite to win SPOTY this year which I was surprised to see. Could this be the year snooker gets some long overdue recognition?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/26/ronnie-o ... s-9019797/

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:As Ronnie was cruelly overlooked for the Sports Personality Of The Year, which of the following do you think Ronnie should be awarded instead?

Ronnie's actually the favourite to win SPOTY this year which I was surprised to see. Could this be the year snooker gets some long overdue recognition?

If Ronnie wins the World Championship then yeah he might win that award, but if he doesnt, and thats a big IF, then I can see someone else winning that. Just like in previous years.

Postby TheRocket

To win SPOTY a snooker player should win the World title you have to say. ROS would have deserved to win in 2013 when he took that year off and won the World title.

If he wins the World title this year he certainly deserves it. That combined with the fact he would break Hendrys ranking title record. The 1000 centuries. World number one and stuff like that. But has to win that World title.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:To win SPOTY a snooker player should win the World title you have to say. ROS would have deserved to win in 2013 when he took that year off and won the World title.

If he wins the World title this year he certainly deserves it. That combined with the fact he would break Hendrys ranking title record. The 1000 centuries. World number one and stuff like that. But has to win that World title.

True, but he was never the favourite to win it like he is ATM. He was rarely ever in the discussion, if truth be told. However, this year there seems to be a growing clamour for him to finally get the award because of the records he has achieved.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

I'm not sure why we're that bothered.

SPOTY is just the BBC sport's annual Christmas party. It literally isn't more important than that. They give the awards to their mates.