Ding Junhui
62%
Judd Trump
38%

Total votes : 21

Re: Who is the better player?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Meal or a drink? We know you enjoy a drink. Ok, so Trump bought nice cars. Big deal. He was young and loaded. Immature maybe. Like most of us when young. Except we didn't have his dough. He could be a sound lad. Into normal stuff like football, music and snooker. I'm sure you'd find common ground. He might even like Mars bars or woeful slasher movies haha.

As for Ding coming from a different culture, how long is he in the UK? I have two Chinese taxi driver friends. Their both over here over 10 years and are great craic. Have good English, like a drink and a bet and are good lads. I enjoy their company. Where they are from doesn't even matter. Their here for good now. Love football and all the usual stuff. Maybe Ding is a good lad and a bit of fun. If he is he hides it very well. I'd just wish he'd liven up a tiny bit.

Trump > Ding.

How many years are you in Ireland, and how is your Irish?

I left school at 17 so i haven't had to use Irish in 25 years. I suppose i have roughly the same amount of Irish for people my age as 95% of the population as we are an English speaking country.

Postby Iranu

Ding is one of the most emptive players on the tour.

This doesn't come out in interviews because his English isn't great (which admittedly is weird considering how long he's lived here) but on the table he's one of the modt expressive players we have.

Postby Ash147

I wonder how many people would change their minds now? Since this was posted Judd has destroyed Ronnie in the Masters final, Carter in the WGP final, Higgins in the WC final and Murphy in the IC final. Do people still seriously think Ding is the better player now?

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:I wonder how many people would change their minds now? Since this was posted Judd has destroyed Ronnie in the Masters final, Carter in the WGP final, Higgins in the WC final and Murphy in the IC final. Do people still seriously think Ding is the better player now?

I don't think there's anyone now who would put Ding above Trump. Many things have changed since December when I started this poll. Not only has Trump won more titles now which includes the World title but he also has a higher peak level.

I dont think it will last much longer either until Trump will surpass Robertson.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I wonder how many people would change their minds now? Since this was posted Judd has destroyed Ronnie in the Masters final, Carter in the WGP final, Higgins in the WC final and Murphy in the IC final. Do people still seriously think Ding is the better player now?

I don't think there's anyone now who would put Ding above Trump. Many things have changed since December when I started this poll. Not only has Trump won more titles now which includes the World title but he also has a higher peak level.

I dont think it will last much longer either until Trump will surpass Robertson.

I agree. Judd is 7 years younger than Robertson, and he's at his peak right now. Judd will be overtaking Robertson's number of titles and centuries very soon.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:Ding has no confidence, Trump has faux confidence.

Jury’s out on whether either man will be World Champion. Ding’s time has gone, methinks. He may be forever be the greatest never to win it.

At the moment, he’s ahead of Trump. ‘For the moment’ being the key part.

Oh aye