Post a reply

Re: Snooker Hot Takes

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Power Snooker wasn't that bad.

I mean, it was better than ‘Real Housewives of Bognor Regis’ :shrug:

Postby chengdufan

In the sense that snooker was involved?

Postby Juddernaut88

I never watched it.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:

I never watched it.

Did you watache?

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:I'm not actually that influential a poster.

HOT TAKE!

Anyone who made that list ought to be ashamed of themselves really

Postby Juddernaut88

HOT TAKE!

You influenced me to use words such as watache though :)

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:

HOT TAKE!

You influenced me to use words such as watache though :)

rofl

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:World Snooker's obession with average shot time is dull.

Go to agree with you there; I’m not even convinced they’re accurate. Michael Holt was taking an age over all his shots, even the simplest, in qualifying last week, and his AST was supposedly under 30secs. No way was that right.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:https://youtu.be/Oy1ZqDw3gks

This was the greatest moment in snooker history

What's the hot take?

Postby Iranu

Mark Williams is as good at doubles as Higgins.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:Robertson’s a one-dimensional player who’s done well to win one world title

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:Robertson’s a one-dimensional player who’s done well to win one world title

HOT TAKE indeed!

He's a great player, but one of the reasons he's only won one world title is he gets bogged down too often and it hinders his natural play, despite him saying repetitive times he won't get bogged down.

Postby Pink Ball

He's not one dimensional. He's generally better than most in most facets of play, so he's actually a very well-rounded player. Just not quite the best in any one facet.

Find him dull as dishwater to watch, truth be told.

Postby TheRocket

I'd say I know a little bit about Snooker and seen all kinds of players. Robertson in top form is one of the best I've ever seen. And as I said in the other thread. Because of his cue action he can look like a machine when he knocks in his big breaks.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:I'd say I know a little bit about Snooker and seen all kinds of players. Robertson in top form is one of the best I've ever seen. And as I said in the other thread. Because of his cue action he can look like a machine when he knocks in his big breaks.

I agree with all of that.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I'd say I know a little bit about Snooker and seen all kinds of players. Robertson in top form is one of the best I've ever seen. And as I said in the other thread. Because of his cue action he can look like a machine when he knocks in his big breaks.

I dont see how he is one dimensional then. He has a poor WC record, thats all. But thats not because he is one dimensional.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I dont see how he is one dimensional then. He has a poor WC record, thats all. But thats not because he is one dimensional.

Hendry was one dimensional but he’s still possibly the GOAT

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Hendry was one dimensional but he’s still possibly the GOAT

Imo Robertson has a pretty decent safety game. Too decent to be one dimensional. Watched a lot of matches between him and Selby. And he did very well.

Postby Andre147

Robertson sometimes gets bogged down but that has nothing to do with being one dimensional. He isn't. His all round game is very good.

If it gets too scrappy that's when he's usually in trouble, plus when he starts overthinking and into Phytagoras mode.

Apart from this, his game is very good and he wouldn't have won the titles he has otherwise.

Postby Pink Ball

He is a very good safety player when he plays his natural game. He's an even better safety player even when he goes into Pythagoras mode. But that deep thinking seeps into every facet of his game and manifests itself most damagingly in his break-building. Slows down, loses his rhythm and plays at a pace that doesn't suit him.

Not one dimensional, just tries way too hard at the Crucible. And yeah, it's possible to try way too hard at the World Championship.

Postby Alex0paul

Alan McManus tries way too hard to sound clever and irritates me