Post a reply

Re: Snooker Hot Takes

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
shanew48 wrote:Robertson won't be considered an ATG unless he finishes with more than one WC? is the bar generally considered to be at least 3 WC wins to be considered an ATG? Obviously Higgins is the exception with 2 WC wins but all the others who are considered ATG's have at least 3 WC wins on their snooker CV don't they?

When Williams was on 2 which he had been for a long time (15 years) most people already considered him an All-Time Great. Same could apply to Robertson.

He was the first of the CO92 to get to 2 world titles. It took until 2007 for any of them to get to three. Since then Ronnie, Higgins and Selby have all got to 4, as well as Williams adding a third.

Depends on what people mean by ATG - you could argue the bar is higher now than it was in 2003.

One of those things that will be endlessly debated!

It was 2008 the first time a class of 92 won a 3rd world title. In 2007 John Higgins won his 2nd and in 2008 Ronnie won his 3rd. Higgins then won his 3rd in 2009 and the rest of course is history.

Yeah sorry, I changed my point halfway through typing and forgot to go back to that <laugh>

Postby Yanfan

Iranu wrote:https://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11974&p=964564#p964564

Darn it! I've done it again. <doh>

Postby Yanfan

Iranu wrote:https://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11974&p=964564#p964564

LINK

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:buck sake, get a room.

Yeah, it's getting tedious now.

Postby Yanfan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes. It got tedious when I got accused of this:

Iranu wrote:Again, it’s strange how quick you are to laugh at other people being “triggered” considering, well, *gestures vaguely at thread*

Maybe you can bear this experience in mind when trying to tell people how they should feel about things that might affect or hurt or negatively impact them.

And, when I asked him what he meant, he could not come up with a single instance of the behaviour he was accusing me of.

That is beyond f*cking ridiculous.

But, you are right. And I am going to stop now. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Yanfan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes. It got tedious when I got accused of this:

Iranu wrote:Again, it’s strange how quick you are to laugh at other people being “triggered” considering, well, *gestures vaguely at thread*

Maybe you can bear this experience in mind when trying to tell people how they should feel about things that might affect or hurt or negatively impact them.

And, when I asked him what he meant, he could not come up with a single instance of the behaviour he was accusing me of.

That is beyond f*cking ridiculous.

But, you are right. And I am going to stop now. <ok>

Postby Yanfan

Holden Chinaski.

Do you realise how f*cking stupid you look when you just continuously post a vibrating pug gif with 'TRIGGERED' written across it, and nothing else.

No kind of attempt at rational debate, just a vibrating pug gif.

Grow up, you pathetic little child.

And also, maybe you could put your money where your big mouth is. But that's not going to happen. Pathetic little children do not have the guts to do that sort of thing. They are too frightened.

From now on, I will be putting both you and Iranu on mute.

I haven't got the patience to bother with pathetic little children who just make accusations, but don't have to guts to back them up.

Postby chengdufan

The Wilson Bingham match will produce higher quality snooker than Higgins v Saengkham

Postby Iranu

Not strictly speaking a snooker hot take.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Not strictly speaking a snooker hot take.

That's why it's a hot take

I’ve been schooled

Postby SnookerEd25

More like a hot knife?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Barry Hawkins vs Zhao should've been the evening match today. Not Ronnie vs Judd.

Hmmm.... :chin: