Post a reply

Re: Announcing Snooker 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo

Postby The_Abbott

just got beaten by Lucas Kleckers who whilst snookered, went around the table hitting four cushions, hit the red and it rolls into the pocket. WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas Kleckers is this good?!!!

Postby The_Abbott

yes - got Jordan in a nasty snooker. 2 fouls so got 32 points so far....and another 16. I will win this frame for sure. <laugh>

2 more fouls another 32 points collected. They keep playing the exact same shot to get out the snooker all the time. No difference in any of the 4 attempts so far. Poor <laugh>

Postby The_Abbott

Alex0paul wrote:Do you still get incessant coughing from the audience?

No just clapping so far. Clapping for an apparent "great safety" where the cue is about 100 feet from the bulk cushion and several shots available for the opponent rofl

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:yes - got Jordan in a nasty snooker. 2 fouls so got 32 points so far....and another 16. I will win this frame for sure. <laugh>

2 more fouls another 32 points collected. They keep playing the exact same shot to get out the snooker all the time. No difference in any of the 4 attempts so far. Poor <laugh>

Was Jordan Brown frowning?

Or is there never a frown... with Jordan Brown?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:yes - got Jordan in a nasty snooker. 2 fouls so got 32 points so far....and another 16. I will win this frame for sure. <laugh>

Was Jordan Brown frowning?

Or is there never a frown... with Jordan Brown?

:dance:

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:So, how do you rate this game Abbott?

whilst it looks better than any other snooker game I have played, I would rather play my old PS2 game. If they had checked the game for obvious bugs (like the 16 points for a foul) it may have been quite decent but long pots are very hard to get accurate whilst the AI as no problems whatsoever. The AI for the players is poor and they sometimes end up on top of the table minus their legs or a random floating rest or cue will appear.

I would give it a 4/10. Not what I was expecting sadly. Maybe Snooker 20 will have ironed out the issues.

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, how do you rate this game Abbott?

whilst it looks better than any other snooker game I have played, I would rather play my old PS2 game. If they had checked the game for obvious bugs (like the 16 points for a foul) it may have been quite decent but long pots are very hard to get accurate whilst the AI as no problems whatsoever. The AI for the players is poor and they sometimes end up on top of the table minus their legs or a random floating rest or cue will appear.

I would give it a 4/10. Not what I was expecting sadly. Maybe Snooker 20 will have ironed out the issues.

This is dissapointing.

Postby eraserhead

Alex0paul wrote:Who is commentating?

Foulds and Hendon.

A patch is out for PS4 but not installed it yet. Not had any issues with fouls either. I think it’s fine but not worth it’s price right now.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Just had my first go.

It isn't bad but there's some very annoying glitches.

Commentary is pretty much pointless, brings nothing to the game.

The player animation depending on the camera shot is horrendous at times, players hands going through the cushion, parts of their necks missing.

Most annoying thing for me though was the aiming aid and spin control aid, they automatically move every time I take a shot, that used to happen on past Snooker games too, awful.

Postby The_Abbott

just got thrashed even on Amateur mode. This game isn't for me.

The shoot out is unfair. The CPU player can play a shot immediately. The player has to first move the cue in the correct direction which wastes seconds and by the time you've lined the shot up you hear the beeps and "x" family fortunes noise and 30 points given to you opponent. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* toss disc out of window * :mood: