Post a reply

Re: Announcing Snooker 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo

Postby carayip

Andre147 wrote:
carayip wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/snookeroland/status/1116714722664099840

Did somebody step on Roland's foot today, and not apologise? He seems in a bit of a bad mood. No need to criticise the game. I'm not a big gamer, and probably won't play it. But that doesn't make it rubbish. Reaction online suggest that a lot of snooker fans are looking forward to it.

I agree though that the front cover debate is all a bit of a storm in a teacup. I wonder if Mark Williams even cares that much.

Nah, Willo is just messing

Yeah thin so. MJW can be a bit like Ronnie sometimes... tries to create an issue when there really isn't one.

Willo is actually honest and funny though

Postby carayip

Dan-cat wrote:I love Willo. It was a fairytale. His play to take that title was exquisite.

There’s a but. As much as it’s a laugh and yeah beeers and kebabs every day man of the people who cares about exercise let’s have minstrels for dinner.. it’s actually quite damaging for the sport. I can totally understand why World Snooker have downplayed it.

The only damaging part is that most players are still beaten by a man who acts like that

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:I know rubbish about gaming, but why call a game that’s not out yet ‘rubbish’? Am I missing something?

From what I've seen (the Shaun Murphy feature on Baize TV or whatever it's called) the game looks amazing. He said something in that feature about the way the game shows the bend of the cue ball when applying side and that 'is the key to unlocking snooker.' Since then I've been purposely playing more shots with side and getting great results. Gotta build confidence with that.

Postby The_Abbott

I pre-ordered this and it now says there will be a delay. They obviously did not make enough copies. Tempted to cancel my order now and pick it up at a CEX store cheap instead.

Probably gave Shaun Murphy 10 free copies

Postby eraserhead

The_Abbott wrote:I hope you can play as anyone. I'd play as Matt Selt and lose every match on purpose to push him down the rankings.

Just downloaded it. Yes you can play as Selt. :D

Only had a quick go but the commentary doesn't sound very natural so I think it'll be on mute a lot.

Postby eraserhead

Not seen a design your own player or womann player but I’ve only played one match in career. You have the choice to play as a seasoned pro or be a young up and comer James Cahill is in that for example.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Not seen a design your own player or womann player but I’ve only played one match in career. You have the choice to play as a seasoned pro or be a young up and comer James Cahill is in that for example.

As the seasoned pro, or the young player?

Postby The_Abbott

yeah just fouled on purpose and other player got 16 points. I am playing as Selt V Jordan Brown and it even says Matt Selt 6, Jordan Brown.. Neal Foulds cuts in. It doesn't even say how many points the foul was it just reads 16 to the other player.

I don't recommend this at all. The game basics are wrong.