Post a reply

Announcing Snooker 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Swi

Postby Chris_Ripstone

Hey guys,

We're proud to announce that we've teamed up with developer Lab42 and World Snooker, to release the officially licensed ‘Snooker 19’ in 2019 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Snooker 19 will feature 128 of the world’s top players including Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Selby and Ding Junhui as they take to the table at iconic venues including The Crucible and Alexandra Palace and in countries across the world including China and Germany. Players will be able to compete in every major tournament culminating with the World Championship in Sheffield. Snooker 19 will be the first officially licensed game to be published across all current generation consoles as well as PC.

To find out more read the full announcement here - https://ripstone.com/news/ripstone-l...nce-snooker19/

To be the first to hear about developments, mechanics, licenses and more. Sign up to the Snooker 19 official mailing list here - http://www.snooker19.com

We hope you're as excited as we are to release Snooker 19. Please feel free to comment about what you're looking forward to, wish list items and more on this thread!

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Announcing Snooker 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo

Postby The_Abbott

It will be amazing to have a new snooker game on the console. It would be good to have the full current calendar - well apart from the silly Champions League.

Hopefully there will be a full career mode, so I can create myself and play as myself against the world's elite and see myself climb up the rankings.

It would also be great to have a referee choice so we can choose the ref.

Thanks

Postby The_Abbott

Chris_Ripstone wrote:Thanks for the quick responses guys! It's great to see so many people already interested! :D

@DAN-CAT - We'll be releasing more details and gameplay footage really soon!

@The_Abbott - It has a full career mode with all of the official calendar including a rankings system so you can work your way up to World No.1!

That's brilliant thanks!

Postby HustleKing

The gameplay looks really good, but I wonder what the online mode will be like? I get that you can't have multiple frame matches online, but they should at least have friendly tournaments with best of one frame matches, if not allowing for an increased amount of frames

Postby Dan-cat

HustleKing wrote:The gameplay looks really good, but I wonder what the online mode will be like? I get that you can't have multiple frame matches online, but they should at least have friendly tournaments with best of one frame matches, if not allowing for an increased amount of frames

Why can’t you have more than one frame matches online? I play best of 5s against internet opponents on HD Snooker on my iPad

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I'm looking forward to this. Will be getting the PS4 version.

I have a PS4 so yeah when it comes out I'll buy it.

Also hear there will be a Seniors videogame with the Seniors tour coming out in August I think.

Postby HustleKing

Dan-cat wrote:
HustleKing wrote:The gameplay looks really good, but I wonder what the online mode will be like? I get that you can't have multiple frame matches online, but they should at least have friendly tournaments with best of one frame matches, if not allowing for an increased amount of frames

Why can’t you have more than one frame matches online? I play best of 5s against internet opponents on HD Snooker on my iPad

Ok, maybe best of 5s is a good limit. Personally, I'd like longer matches, but then I would be afraid of rage quitters, which I hate. So the matches would have be tailored towards the needs of rage quitters, even if that means one frame matches :roll:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'm looking forward to this. Will be getting the PS4 version.

I have a PS4 so yeah when it comes out I'll buy it.

Also hear there will be a Seniors videogame with the Seniors tour coming out in August I think.

Surprised you have a PS4. I had you down more as a Nintendo Switch man.

And yeah, I don't think that seniors game will be selling too many copies.

Postby HustleKing

SnookerFan wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kR2fjwr-TzA

Ah yes, the bad old days were video games were high score based to create cheap replay value and addictiveness, and trick people into thinking the games were better than they actually were