Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's Comments on Hearn/ World Snooker

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I actually despise myself for reading O'sullivan's twitter feed. It's just like being back at school where one or two were so determined to be antagonisitc just to show that they could...pathetic really from O'sullivan. Do you really think he is interested in filling pockets of the `so called` numpties? Is the NI venue a stinky one Ron? Berk. Surely somewhere there O'sullivan is in breach of contract? So Hearn should take action. He can't cary on being called a money grabber with no clue about sport. The man has single handedly turned snooker around.

Good post IMO.

Hearn is not perfect and of course he loves monae but he also loves the sport. Fair enough.

IMO ROS loves money but does nit love the sport. Fair enough too.

Hearn has been clear that he invited Ronnie to meet to discuss and he declined. End of - surely??

The Ironic thing is Ronnie actually is Worst than Hearn.

When Barry took over i was concerned big time that he would turn the tour all about a few players the Headline Grabing players like Ronnie and that would be a total disaster if events was focused on Top players there was even people that claimed he would cut the tour to 48 players however the reality is hes gone the other way and increased the tour from 96 to 128.

As i said UK Championship is a farce and well the Shoot Out will go down as Barry Hearn having a senile Moment not his most proudest idea to say the least.

But as a fan of the sport since about 1980 so ive seen the sport during all its TV Era this is by miles the best time to be a fan and a player unfortunally for Ronnie its at a time he would prefer 6 tournaments so he could do other things but he has no right to talk for other players..yes there will be times when they get bored and not that interested in the daily grind so heres a idea stay home but should the Sport stop just because some players cant be bothered.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I actually despise myself for reading O'sullivan's twitter feed. It's just like being back at school where one or two were so determined to be antagonisitc just to show that they could...pathetic really from O'sullivan. Do you really think he is interested in filling pockets of the `so called` numpties? Is the NI venue a stinky one Ron? Berk. Surely somewhere there O'sullivan is in breach of contract? So Hearn should take action. He can't cary on being called a money grabber with no clue about sport. The man has single handedly turned snooker around.

Good post IMO.

Hearn is not perfect and of course he loves monae but he also loves the sport. Fair enough.

IMO ROS loves money but does nit love the sport. Fair enough too.

Hearn has been clear that he invited Ronnie to meet to discuss and he declined. End of - surely??

The Ironic thing is Ronnie actually is Worst than Hearn.

When Barry took over i was concerned big time that he would turn the tour all about a few players the Headline Grabing players like Ronnie and that would be a total disaster if events was focused on Top players there was even people that claimed he would cut the tour to 48 players however the reality is hes gone the other way and increased the tour from 96 to 128.

As i said UK Championship is a farce and well the Shoot Out will go down as Barry Hearn having a senile Moment not his most proudest idea to say the least.

But as a fan of the sport since about 1980 so ive seen the sport during all its TV Era this is by miles the best time to be a fan and a player unfortunally for Ronnie its at a time he would prefer 6 tournaments so he could do other things but he has no right to talk for other players..yes there will be times when they get bored and not that interested in the daily grind so heres a idea stay home but should the Sport stop just because some players cant be bothered.

That's the Wildey i know on here for past few years. Three excellent posts who's sentiments i echo. No nonsense. Nail on head.

Postby gallantrabbit

The way I see it though the tour is not for 128 players. Why is there this mad scrabble for top 64 places come end of the season? OK, there are 128 places up fro grabs in most tourneys, but the boys below 64 are really just filling in. No way there is money to support 128 players. Number 64 earned 46k last year. That's miles above the going rate just a few years ago. Any lower than that, sorry, but they have a choice.

Postby TheSaviour

I absolutely love the best of 7 matches. Was great times when Barry Hearn bring on those ETC and the local british tournaments (can´t remember those terms anymore) where every match was a best of 7, and a lots, lots of mathces to be played. No-one can dominate at all while it is like that.

Ronnie or Selby are there for the taking when it is best of 9. Otherwise difficult.

Like my two favourites artists, the surrealist Salvador Dali, and then Antonio Gaudi. But always difficulties with the authorites... Dali effortlessly combined bohemianism and sophistication.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 16 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:I absolutely love the best of 9 matches. Was great times when Barry Hearn bring on those ETC and the local british tournaments (can´t remember those terms anymore) where every match was a best of 9, and a lots, lots of mathces to be played. No-one can dominate at all while it is like that.

Ronnie or Selby are there for the taking when it is best of 9. Otherwise difficult.

Like my two favourites artists, the surrealist Salvador Dali, and then Antonio Gaudi. But always difficulties with the authorites... Dali effortlessly combined bohemianism and sophistication.

What about best of sevens?

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:The way I see it though the tour is not for 128 players. Why is there this mad scrabble for top 64 places come end of the season? OK, there are 128 places up fro grabs in most tourneys, but the boys below 64 are really just filling in. No way there is money to support 128 players. Number 64 earned 46k last year. That's miles above the going rate just a few years ago. Any lower than that, sorry, but they have a choice.

yea you got to have players fighting to get in the top 64 some lower down the rankings are just filling places and they hardly play too over the years but there are good players there also Eden Sharav and Martin O'Donnell starting to prove themselves both in the last 16 here Sharav is ranked 77th and Martin O'Donnell who finished last season at 81 is now ranked 60th.

But there are infact better players on the Challange tour than some who are on the Main Tour which is a shame but World Snooker are more focused on giving spaces to players from different countries rather than giving spaces to the Best players.

I Think there should be a play off system where National Champions is played off against Best players on the Challange tour to see who gets these 2 year cards.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote: unfortunally for Ronnie its at a time he would prefer 6 tournaments so he could do other things but he has no right to talk for other players..yes there will be times when they get bored and not that interested in the daily grind so heres a idea stay home but should the Sport stop just because some players cant be bothered.

Ronnie never said that, don't put words in his mouth. He has no problem against having more tourneys.
He said it's not ok for top players to have to go in a s.h.i.t venue to qualify for a tourney.
And he proposed a brilliant idea, cut down the rankers, meaning that u can even create more tourneys if u like, but only a few should count as rankers.
IMO 8 rankers a season is more than enough. That way top players will go to these tourneys in order to keep their ranking and qualify for prestigious invitational events like the Masters and for the ITV events. And the lower ranked players can go to less prestigious non-rankers, that will be far more accessible for them to win and/or make more money, since many top pros won't be there.

Less tourneys counting as rankers is the best idea. :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote: unfortunally for Ronnie its at a time he would prefer 6 tournaments so he could do other things but he has no right to talk for other players..yes there will be times when they get bored and not that interested in the daily grind so heres a idea stay home but should the Sport stop just because some players cant be bothered.

Ronnie never said that, don't put words in his mouth. He has no problem against having more tourneys.
He said it's not ok for top players to have to go in a s.h.i.t venue to qualify for a tourney.
And he proposed a brilliant idea, cut down the rankers, meaning that u can even create more tourneys if u like, but only a few should count as rankers.
IMO 8 rankers a season is more than enough. That way top players will go to these tourneys in order to keep their ranking and qualify for prestigious invitational events like the Masters and for the ITV events. And the lower ranked players can go to less prestigious non-rankers, that will be far more accessible for them to win and/or make more money, since many top pros won't be there.

That's a rubbish idea that makes him richer and lower players poorer you see for him it's all about what he wants buck the bigger scheme of things.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

That's a rubbish idea that makes him richer and lower players poorer you see for him it's all about what he wants buck the bigger scheme of things.

:goodpost:

Postby Andre147

The 128 system isnt wrong, but tournaments like the UK should be 32 players to the venue.

Whats wrong is first round losers get nothing from the 128 system. ROS pointed this out on Twitter and I agree. Some of them cant make a living earning nothing.

Hearn says he doesnt reward mediocricy, BUT these lower ranked players have travel, hotel and food expenses. By earning nothing when they lose a first round match is wrong.

Postby Snooker89

One thing I haven't heard Ronnie mention in all this is Altium. If the right decision was made back then theres doubt in my mind snooker would have had £100 million tour now instead of 15- soon to be £20 million.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:The 128 system isnt wrong, but tournaments like the UK should be 32 players to the venue.

Whats wrong is first round losers get nothing from the 128 system. ROS pointed this out on Twitter and I agree. Some of them cant make a living earning nothing.

Hearn says he doesnt reward mediocricy, BUT these lower ranked players have travel, hotel and food expenses. By earning nothing when they lose a first round match is wrong.

I agree with every point there Andre - but just one caught my interest.

ROS did indeed say that it was wrong that 128 losers get nothing. He also called them 'numpties', asked 'what boat' some of them came over on and has expressed views that the top 16 should be protected at their expense. My point is - do you think he is genuinely concerned about these players, or just trying to score points against Hearn? My challenge to him would be to do something constructive and donate £6 400 per 128 tourney to the 64 first round losers. It would help them a lot and would not hurt him much and if he feels passionately then go for it.

I know a few Ronistas on here think I am 100% against ROS but I am not. I admire his play, will agree with him when I feel he he is right but will not follow the crowd that says he can do nothing wrong because he is a great snooker player. That is a silly standpoint (and I am not referring to you).

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:The 128 system isnt wrong, but tournaments like the UK should be 32 players to the venue.

ROS did indeed say that it was wrong that 128 losers get nothing. He also called them 'numpties', asked 'what boat' some of them came over on and has expressed views that the top 16 should be protected at their expense. My point is - do you think he is genuinely concerned about these players, or just trying to score points against Hearn? My challenge to him would be to do something constructive and donate £6 400 per 128 tourney to the 64 first round losers. It would help them a lot and would not hurt him much and if he feels passionately then go for it.

I know a few Ronistas on here think I am 100% against ROS but I am not. I admire his play, will agree with him when I feel he he is right but will not follow the crowd that says he can do nothing wrong because he is a great snooker player. That is a silly standpoint (and I am not referring to you).

Yea agree with this. But 6,400 isn't good enough. Better than nothing i guess but if my sums are right thats 100 pound each for the losers in Rnd 1. Give them 500 pound a piece and divvy the rest up.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:Seeding the top 16 and covering expenses of first round loaers aren't mutually exclusive.

Bungke

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Obviously scoring point off Hearn

Ronnie would prefer to have those players on the dole meaning these Home Nations would be less like Tesco in rush hour as he put it.

As Andre pointed out the UK Championship is the problem for Hearn for 1 point the Barbican can just about cramp in 4 tables the other 4 is in another room .

ffs play Qualifiers then cull matches at the main venue by 96 and give the UK Proper rounds with longer matches on 2 tables with top 16 seeded through.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No, it's not a good post, it's a bad post. :td:
U guys simply hate Ronnie's guts, that's why you're against anything he says.
I know he talks rubbish a lot, but this time he is right.

Reducing the number of tourneys that count as rankers is a great idea. That way top pros won't have to play so much, and the lower ranked ones can benefit form the absence of the top dogs. Even your beloved Selbo has skipped certain tourneys.
It certainly can't hurt a numpty's chances to advance in a tourney if he can avoid the likes of ROS or Selbo in the first round.

And if u guys really think this is a bad idea, give me some proper arguments. And it's irrelevant if ROS came up with this idea cause he wants more money or cause he cares about the lower ranked players, it's the end result that matters. :clap:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Deewee wrote:Where is the money going to come from for the other events? Who's going to want to sponsor or buy tickets if there's no top players?

Finally a good point. I was thinking about this myself Deewee. The thing is not all top will do well in the "mandatory" ranking events, so some of them will go to the other "lesser" events in order to make more money.
And some will be so greedy that they'll probably play in everything.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No, it's not a good post, it's a bad post. :td:
U guys simply hate Ronnie's guts, that's why you're against anything he says.
I know he talks rubbish a lot, but this time he is right.

Reducing the number of tourneys that count as rankers is a great idea. That way top pros won't have to play so much, and the lower ranked ones can benefit form the absence of the top dogs. Even your beloved Selbo has skipped certain tourneys.
It certainly can't hurt a numpty's chances to advance in a tourney if he can avoid the likes of ROS or Selbo in the first round.

And if u guys really think this is a bad idea, give me some proper arguments. And it's irrelevant if ROS came up with this idea cause he wants more money or cause he cares about the lower ranked players, it's the end result that matters. :clap:

The only Tourneys i would cut as Rankers are the ITV Ladbrokes series thats ridicilous and the Shoot Out that leaves 3 chinese, 3 Europe events, 4 home nations UK and World leaving Gibralter and PHC which are low tarif anyway.

Players have the right to pull out however if lower rank players want to make hay while Ronnie sitting on his bottom good on them its all me me me buck everyone else and its nothing to do with the man this I am a twat rubbish getting on my bucking nerves im this close for banning you for total boardom of saying the same bucking rubbish time after time <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:I wouldn't change anything on O'sullivans whims...if Hearn changed everything around the spoilt boy would only find something els to sneer and moan at.

Hearn's spinelessness, knowing Ronnie. <laugh>

Postby gallantrabbit

quite...

O'sullivan is just too full of contradictions to trust in him...
Basically he wants the wages of numpties who can't make 30 to quadruple while he goes off to play the top 8 in plush lounges...

Postby Johnny Bravo

gallantrabbit wrote:quite...

O'sullivan is just too full of contradictions to trust in him...
Basically he wants the wages of numpties who can't make 30 to quadruple while he goes off to play the top 8 in plush lounges...

Ronnie has always battled depression, so in a way it's normal he's not always on the same line.
And he proposed multiple solutions to what he sees as the main "problem" of the sport, some good, some bad.
Even though Wildey disagrees and thinks all are bad.
I just wish Ronn would talk to other top pros who will back him up and go meet with Hearn. If he takes Willo, Higgo, Allen, Trump and a few other top pros, Hearn will be forced to listen to their demands. He can't risk loosing the main players.