Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's Comments on Hearn/ World Snooker

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:quite...

O'sullivan is just too full of contradictions to trust in him...
Basically he wants the wages of numpties who can't make 30 to quadruple while he goes off to play the top 8 in plush lounges...

Ronnie has always battled depression, so in a way it's normal he's not always on the same line.
And he proposed multiple solutions to what he sees as the main "problem" of the sport, some good, some bad.
Even though Wildey disagrees and thinks all are bad.
I just wish Ronn would talk to other top pros who will back him up and go meet with Hearn. If he takes Willo, Higgo, Allen, Trump and a few other top pros, Hearn will be forced to listen to their demands. He can't risk loosing the main players.

Great idea - they could get a minibus to save on petrol.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Basically he wants the wages of numpties who can't make 30 to quadruple while he goes off to play the top 8 in plush lounges...

Ronnie has always battled depression, so in a way it's normal he's not always on the same line.
And he proposed multiple solutions to what he sees as the main "problem" of the sport, some good, some bad.
I just wish Ronn would talk to other top pros who will back him up and go meet with Hearn. If he takes Willo, Higgo, Allen, Trump and a few other top pros, Hearn will be forced to listen to their demands. He can't risk loosing the main players.

Great idea - they could get a minibus to save on petrol.

Or they could carpool. Not with Ronnie as driver though. He has previous.

Postby gallantrabbit

Yeah but you know and I know that Ronnie is only interested in acing alone. He'll get bored of this latest caper soon and go quiet again. I think Hearny knows him well, which is why he's not really getting involved too much. There are limits though and I'm sure WSA are watching with interest.

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:Yeah but you know and I know that Ronnie is only interested in acing alone. He'll get bored of this latest caper soon and go quiet again. I think Hearny knows him well, which is why he's not really getting involved too much. There are limits though and I'm sure WSA are watching with interest.

Give it a rest mate. Sullivan says stupid things, but he’s not a bad sort. And I say that as someone who doesn’t especially like him.

Postby gallantrabbit

Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Yeah but you know and I know that Ronnie is only interested in acing alone. He'll get bored of this latest caper soon and go quiet again. I think Hearny knows him well, which is why he's not really getting involved too much. There are limits though and I'm sure WSA are watching with interest.

Give it a rest mate. Sullivan says stupid things, but he’s not a bad sort. And I say that as someone who doesn’t especially like him.

Apologies, but show me the last time ROS said something positive about snooker? I'm sensitive about snooker...
Not all about producing it on the table although he is producing incedible snooker and nearly always has.

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Apologies, but show me the last time ROS said something positive about snooker? I'm sensitive about snooker...
Not all about producing it on the table although he is producing incedible snooker and nearly always has.

He has said next to fuckall positive about snooker but has done the game far more good than bad. He has done much more good for the game through his play than almost any other player. I was in Belfast this week, and the difference when O'Sullivan comes to the table is staggering.

Postby gallantrabbit

I've never said different. His play is staggering and the first time I saw him play he was 13 and cleared the table in about 4 mins flat. You just knew he'd be world champion without a shadow of a doubt. Just wish he'd cut the sneering...

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:

OK he loses players im not too sure what they will play in then and unless Hearn and World Snooker sanctions them nothing will be on TV anyway Hearn has made sure of that.

Postby Wildey

Over the last few years there have been calls for the Masters to become a ranking event. Fans in general enjoy ranking events more because of the added element of gaining points thats the reality so the thought of cutting the tour to 8 ranking events and about 20 invitationals wont be appealing to the majority of Players, Fans or Brodcasters.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

But even the legendary figure has grown weary of the sport after a dramatic decline in the past few years.

O’Sullivan told talkSPORT: “It is not like the nineties or the noughties, where the tobacco companies sponsored everything.

Rewriting history a bit there.

Postby SnookerFan

Does it mean the sport has declined, or he himself has declined.

We can all agree that Ronnie has declined. Ever since his professional debut, he has been in continual decline for the rest of his career.

Postby Snooker89

Amen to that. With things like sugar taxes etc is seems the world is continuing down this particular angle but IMO particularly in the brexit environment the British government could pass a law that allowed Tobacco sponsorship again and put a tax levy on this like they do with Gambling. Snooker at that point would be back.

SnookerFan wrote:Bring back tobacco.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other ... ssion=true

Postby gallantrabbit

Tobacco ain't returning. Hearn has done an incredible job with sponsors. How many tourneys have been without sponsors since he took over? In the five years before he took over how many tourneys were without?

Postby Snooker89

Its unlikely but Tobacco sponsorship should not be banned in the first place. its a legal product.The current sponsors are all ( bar China, Riga and India low quality bookmakers and online gaming companies).

gallantrabbit wrote:Tobacco ain't returning. Hearn has done an incredible job with sponsors. How many tourneys have been without sponsors since he took over? In the five years before he took over how many tourneys were without?

Postby Wildey

Ill be honest the way i saw it at the Time if tabaco companies wants to put money back in to sport let them.

Ive been a Snooker fan since 1981 i did not associate the Embassy World Championship with putting a fag in my mouth and burn it the same way i did not co out and buy Dulux paint just because they sponsored the British Open or insurance because Pearl Assurance was a sponsor.

Banning tabaco sponsorship hasent worked clearly when you see kids that wasent Born in 2005 when tabacco sponsorship finished Smoking in the streets.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Ill be honest the way i saw it at the Time if tabaco companies wants to put money back in to sport let them.

Ive been a Snooker fan since 1981 i did not associate the Embassy World Championship with putting a fag in my mouth and burn it the same way i did not co out and buy Dulux paint just because they sponsored the British Open or insurance because Pearl Assurance was a sponsor.

Banning tabaco sponsorship hasent worked clearly when you see kids that wasent Born in 2005 when tabacco sponsorship finished Smoking in the streets.

It has worked. Fewer people smoke now.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ill be honest the way i saw it at the Time if tabaco companies wants to put money back in to sport let them.

Maybe or Maybe not but tabaco companies get ritcher because they no longer put money in to sport. so even if the ban was lifted now they wouldnt want to sponsor sports anyway.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Maybe or Maybe not but tabaco companies get ritcher because they no longer put money in to sport. so even if the ban was lifted now they wouldnt want to sponsor sports anyway.

Doubt that's the case. Why would bookmakers put so much money into sponsorship if that were the case?

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Maybe or Maybe not but tabaco companies get ritcher because they no longer put money in to sport. so even if the ban was lifted now they wouldnt want to sponsor sports anyway.

Doubt that's the case. Why would bookmakers put so much money into sponsorship if that were the case?[/quote]

They obviously don't know anything about business.

When you get money, you save it. You certainly don't plough it back into the company in any way, or try to use it to create brand awareness.