Post a reply

Re: Who's going to The Masters next year?

Postby Holden Chinaski

I am 6-foot tall and weigh around 76 Kg. I have brown hair and my hairstyle is a bit like Johnny Depp, a bit long in the front and shorter in the back.

I can eat all I want without getting fat so I probably look healthier than I am. I do work out a bit. I'm actually trying to quit smoking (again), this time with the help of nicotine gum, but I do still smoke the occasional "special" cigarette. I like to drink Whiskey but I actually don't drink very often.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I am 6-foot tall and weigh around 76 Kg. I have brown hair and my hairstyle is a bit like Johnny Depp, a bit long in the front and shorter in the back.

I can eat all I want without getting fat so I probably look healthier than I am. I do work out a bit. I'm actually trying to quit smoking (again), this time with the help of nicotine gum, but I do still smoke the occasional "special" cigarette. I like to drink Whiskey but I actually don't drink very often.

I put on weight quite easily. I am still 7ibs heavier than I was at my end of November weigh in. Over the course of December I put on 12lbs.

Saying that, I did go York for a week, stayed in a room in a pub, and drank a lot and ate in the fish and chip shop every day. Then I was stuffing myself over Christmas. What with the week off over January where I sat on my bottom all week with more beer, it's not like it's anybody's fault but my own.

Actually, you can probably say I've worked hard to get that weight gain. rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I am 6-foot tall and weigh around 76 Kg. I have brown hair and my hairstyle is a bit like Johnny Depp, a bit long in the front and shorter in the back.

I put on weight quite easily. I am still 7ibs heavier than I was at my end of November weigh in. Over the course of December I put on 12lbs.

Saying that, I did go York for a week, stayed in a room in a pub, and drank a lot and ate in the fish and chip shop every day. Then I was stuffing myself over Christmas. What with the week off over January where I sat on my bottom all week with more beer, it's not like it's anybody's fault but my own.

I think the beer drinking is a big part of it. I don't drink much beer. That, and the fact that you probably don't burn much calories. I work out a bit and go for the occasional run. I also walk around a lot. I do my shopping by foot, and use my bicycle a lot to get around as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I think the beer drinking is a big part of it. I don't drink much beer. That, and the fact that you probably don't burn much calories. I work out a bit and go for the occasional run. I also walk around a lot. I do my shopping by foot, and use my bicycle a lot to get around as well.

I probably do more than I used to. I try to walk a lot now. Go on the treadmill every day. (Admittedly, only about 15 minutes a day.) When on holiday, or over Christmas I naturally do less.

The beer consumption is a big thing. I started eating fruit a lot for breakfasts a few years back, rather than Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Trying to cut down on the beer too. It's amazing how quickly you lose weight when you completely cut out beer.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I probably do more than I used to. I try to walk a lot now. Go on the treadmill every day. (Admittedly, only about 15 minutes a day.) When on holiday, or over Christmas I naturally do less.

The beer consumption is a big thing. I started eating fruit a lot for breakfasts a few years back, rather than Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Trying to cut down on the beer too. It's amazing how quickly you lose weight when you completely cut out beer.

Good to hear that you're walking a lot! That's very healthy. And 15 minutes per day on the treadmill is great! If you do it every day it's very good even if it's only 15 minutes. Maybe after some time, you can build up to half an hour a day. If you don't like to work out, just going out for a long walk is very good as well. And going for a run, even if it's a short run and only once a week or so, can do wonders.

And yes, the beer consumption is not good at all. But at least you don't smoke.

Postby SnookerFan

At one point I was massive. I went down two trousers sizes. And at least a couple of stone. (I didn't start weighing myself until I was down a trouser size.)

I'm still not skinny, but nowhere near as bad as I was. I'm hoping this weight gain over Christmas is only temporary, and slowed down a bit by The Masters.

I do need to be on the treadmill for longer though, I reckon.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:One time we should all have a Snooker Island meetup. And just drink beer and talk about snooker. Everybody should come. The whole forum.

Ash - A talker this one. Athletic and popular, he and Iranu will have long and deep conversations in their own corner of the bar with Pinkball casting regular and quite worringly jealous looks in their direction. Up for a fight.

pmsl

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:As if I could ever steal Ash from Pinkball.

At most we'll have one night of raging hot hate sex.

Well said. What kind of alternate reality are you living in, BSP?

:love: