Post a reply

Re: Who's going to The Masters next year?

Postby Dan-cat

Ok here's what I propose:

I'll buy 6 tickets for a session (yes SF, the first Ronnie session lolz - do we know when that is yet?) and whoever wants to come can have a ticket. Pay me back in beers (hmmm prob not a good idea, that'll be about 30 pints lolz)

edit: will not accept payment back. My gift to the island. Islanders must cover their own travel, beer and rank-hot-dogs-just-about-the-only-food-available-at-ally-pally and accommodation costs. Terms and conditions apply.*

*there are no terms and conditions

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Ok here's what I propose:

I'll buy 6 tickets for a session (yes SF, the first Ronnie session lolz - do we know when that is yet?) and whoever wants to come can have a ticket. Pay me back in beers (hmmm prob not a good idea, that'll be about 30 pints lolz)

edit: will not accept payment back. My gift to the island. Islanders must cover their own travel, beer and rank-hot-dogs-just-about-the-only-food-available-at-ally-pally and accommodation costs. Terms and conditions apply.*

*there are no terms and conditions

A very kind offer, Dan-Cat. :hatoff:

Sadly, we won't know who plays when until about a month before the tournament when the matches are announced. Ronnie usually plays in the afternoon, so the BBC can put him on the main channel. But don't know if that'll fall within Andre's Monday-Wednesday brief. It's possible he'll play on the Sunday afternoon.

I tend to wait until matches are announced before buying tickets. But will consider coming up on a day if there's a group of us attending.

Postby Iranu

You're a gent, DC.

I'll happily take a ticket if 5 other people don't take up the offer (and if other Islanders are OK with it of course!) but I don't want to take the opportunity away from others who might appreciate it more. So maybe stick me on a reserve list or something!

Postby Andre147

ROS definately wont play on Sunday afternoon.

Isnt the defending champ the first match on?

In this case it's Mark Allen.

ROS will most likely play Monday-Wednesday afternoon, which are the days I'll be there.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:ROS definately wont play on Sunday afternoon.

Isnt the defending champ the first match on?

In this case it's Mark Allen.

ROS will most likely play Monday-Wednesday afternoon, which are the days I'll be there.

That's a point.

I think there have been years where there's been an exception. But you're probably right.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:You're a gent, DC.

I'll happily take a ticket if 5 other people don't take up the offer (and if other Islanders are OK with it of course!) but I don't want to take the opportunity away from others who might appreciate it more. So maybe stick me on a reserve list or something!

see u there!!!!! :-D

Postby Andre147

I thought only one or two people would say they are going when I made this thread, but apparently half the Island is going!

Good, cant wait to meet some of you.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:I thought only one or two people would say they are going when I made this thread, but apparently half the Island is going!

Oooof. Catty!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I thought only one or two people would say they are going when I made this thread, but apparently half the Island is going!

Oooof. Catty!

Let's guess who he wants to see.

Muppet and The Saviour?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:

Oooof. Catty!

It wasnt intended to be meant that way lol... all of you then!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oooof. Catty!

It wasnt intended to be meant that way lol... all of you then!

I'm well offended.

Postby Dan-cat

I guess you meant, I can't wait to meet those from the Island that can make it. But it does rather read of those coming you'd only be interested to meet some of them. :-D

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:

I guess you meant, I can't wait to meet those from the Island that can make it. But it does rather read of those coming you'd only be interested to meet some of them. :-D

Of course it was meant to be those that can make it.

Unless Saviour goes there.. dont think I would be too keen to meet him lol.....