Post a reply

Re: Who's going to The Masters next year?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I was really looking forward to the Brecel match on Thursday.

Now it's Ronnie vs Day. <doh>

It might be worse than that. It could be Bingham vs Day.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Chalk McHugh wrote:

I'll swap ya haha

What am i on about. I aint arriving into Heathrow until 13.30 next Thursday.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:

It might be worse than that. It could be Bingham vs Day.

At least that'd be harder to predict who'd win. Ronnie vs Day would be one sided and drab.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I’ve finished work :pompom:

I don’t care if we end up with Bingham vs Day it’s still live snooker innit

I get to see you, so it'll be my favourite match of the year.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I thought Dan amd Snookerfan would have shown Andre (i know he doesn't drink) around the seedy boozers and strip clubs of Soho tonight. A real snooker island knees up.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:I thought Dan amd Snookerfan would have shown Andre (i know he doesn't drink) around the seedy boozers and strip clubs of Soho tonight. A real snooker island knees up.

I've walked round Soho late at night. Once was enough.

Postby TheSaviour

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I thought Dan amd Snookerfan would have shown Andre (i know he doesn't drink) around the seedy boozers and strip clubs of Soho tonight. A real snooker island knees up.

I've walked round Soho late at night. Once was enough.

I am a quite regular Soho-goer also lol.

Wouldn´t believe it would you. But at least everything is still possible. Which is the only thing that really matters to me. Just a different Soho, but the same happenings and the prospects lol.

So quite a cool matches already out there. Luca was just a different class. He has a tough match next, but he should be a favourite to win it, to be perfectly honest. Ronnie also played quite well, as obviously Robertson and Junhui also.

Really, really poor body languages all the way, as per usual. But that´s just life, and exactly that´s why we need places likes Soho. Everything should be possible, and is if just everything working. If not, then tough luck. Probably.

They just can´t comprehend they would have it all if just finding their own colours back. Brown jacket now suits to everyone..? Rite. How dumb can you possible get? They would have it absolutely everything if just would stop making suchs a claims and then noticing it is not going to happen spamming with those really, really poor and bad body languages all the way.

And those who actually are class acts are claiming they would be doing something wrong. Not good, not good. 7 or 8 years ago all those IQs used to be positive figures. Which were a great times. Now all those figures are negative. How dumb can you possible get ? Possessing a IQ of 165. Only that these days it is a -165.

But still going strong, I suppose. Chasing around just a one person and only to each time to claim to "didn´t found him". <doh> :no: But could be my future. It is not that bad, eventually. At least there are some variations and almost always the different people going for it. That one last big catch. Only to each time to realise that the silenzio will be an ever present. Even the next generations can´t break that. There even isn´t any probability for that.

Awaiting that Bracel vs Junhui match. Should be a really, really good prospect. I wrote I will be rooting for Junhui all the way during the Masters, so can´t take it back. But Luca´s just different class to everyone these days.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:How was the big meet up?

They were both cool guys.

Though Dan didn't stay long. I think I scared him off.

Hehe. That was a lovely hour we spent!! Great to finally meet you dude, and Andre and his brother.

So in my head now there are two Snookerfans. As I explained on PM I always thought that was you in one of your previous avatars - the guy in the van with big curly brown hair. Now I've met the real you, the other still exists in my head when I read your posts. Haha. Weird. Guess he will fade away. Your commitment to live snooker is incredible, I'm in awe of it, I wish I could do the same. You're a lovely man, a legend of Snooker Island and thanks for the offer of a pint, I'm staying strong with dry January. Next time. When it isn't this month!

Andre I'd seen on Facebook, handsome young man that he is, and a lovely vibe. Qualified ref too, heading to Q School. V. impressive. He'll be reffing the World final one day. Imagine that, one of our own! He's far too modest to say this, but if he wants it enough he'll get there.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Andre I'd seen on Facebook, handsome young man that he is, and a lovely vibe. Qualified ref too, heading to Q School..

Wow, that is cool! Did not know that!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:How was the big meet up?

They were both cool guys.

Though Dan didn't stay long. I think I scared him off.

Hehe. That was a lovely hour we spent!! Great to finally meet you dude, and Andre and his brother.

So in my head now there are two Snookerfans. As I explained on PM I always thought that was you in one of your previous avatars - the guy in the van with big curly brown hair. Now I've met the real you, the other still exists in my head when I read your posts. Haha. Weird. Guess he will fade away. Your commitment to live snooker is incredible, I'm in awe of it, I wish I could do the same. You're a lovely man, a legend of Snooker Island and thanks for the offer of a pint, I'm staying strong with dry January. Next time. When it isn't this month!

Andre I'd seen on Facebook, handsome young man that he is, and a lovely vibe. Qualified ref too, heading to Q School. V. impressive. He'll be reffing the World final one day. Imagine that, one of our own! He's far too modest to say this, but if he wants it enough he'll get there.

I did dry January also but slipped up on Jan 2nd. I should have been Christened Will Power. I'll make up for yere sensible, mature meet up. Soho wont know what hit it. Sloshpots beware. In for a penny in for a pound. No half measures. This will be hardcore.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Gotta live up to age old stereotypes. A Paddy on the loose in London with a few bob burning a hole in his pocket. What could go wrong? We like to think we're a bit more refined and sophisticated from Dublin as opposed to our country cousins but i'll find a way to disprove that urban myth. Come onnnnnnn!!! Lets have it!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Gotta live up to age old stereotypes. A Paddy on the loose in London with a few bob burning a hole in his pocket. What could go wrong? We like to think we're a bit more refined and sophisticated from Dublin as opposed to our country cousins but i'll find a way to disprove that urban myth. Come onnnnnnn!!! Lets have it!!!!!

How was Soho?

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Gotta live up to age old stereotypes. A Paddy on the loose in London with a few bob burning a hole in his pocket. What could go wrong? We like to think we're a bit more refined and sophisticated from Dublin as opposed to our country cousins but i'll find a way to disprove that urban myth. Come onnnnnnn!!! Lets have it!!!!!

How was Soho?

Good, thanks. I had 3 bottles of beer in 3 different drinking dens watching the Spurs game. Sum total of 4 beers over my 4 nights so behaved myself. Followed by half a duck in Chinatown. Back in hotel relaxing. Must say i've really enjoyed my break (pardon the pun) in London. I love the city and it's people. Pity about Ronnie but such is life.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:One time we should all have a Snooker Island meetup. And just drink beer and talk about snooker. Everybody should come. The whole forum.

Wont be easy because like me many aren't from the UK.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:One time we should all have a Snooker Island meetup. And just drink beer and talk about snooker. Everybody should come. The whole forum.

I am well up for this. Seriously!

I already have mental ideas of what people on here are like and need to confirm this at some point:

Snookerfan - dark hair, probably quite tall. Fairly reserved but good conversation and very funny. Up for a lager.

Iranu - smart, dark hair (quite trendily cut). Suit wearing and intelligent, would leave most of us for dead intelectually. Up for a craft cider.

Holden - probably quite sophisticated - obviously multilingual.. Do not interfere with his smoking as he will throttle you. Up for a Jack Daniels.

Wildey - dark hair also. A wise man and a snooker savant behind his sometimes outspoken comments. One to be in the trenches with. Up for a lava bread.

Dan-Cat - seen pictures of him so no description necessary. Would pop in for a swift half of craft lager as he needs to be at a set in Hoxton with the Nugget.

Johnny Bravo - tough one this...probably of average height, clean shaven and blonde. snake hissed off by his job because his line manager is a hammer. Warning - he will be the one who can drink the most.

The Rocket - Calm, rational and incisive. Looks a bit like Ronnie but not so hairy.

Ash - A talker this one. Athletic and popular, he and Iranu will have long and deep conversations in their own corner of the bar with Pinkball casting regular and quite worringly jealous looks in their direction. Up for a fight.

Andre - Holds the kitty on any night out, Andre is a diplomat. His Euro mullett hides a brain of epic proportions that will correct you on the finest detail of Ronnie's defeat of Michael Georgiou in the 2016 English Open. Up for a Malibu.

Pink Ball - Freakishly tall and garrulous in the way all Irish people are seen by English people.He will manage to start a fight between the group and slide away quietly so that in the morning he is remembered as a peacemaker. Up for a Chai Latte

Saviour - bucking nutjob. Up for a six a seven a Guiness.

Chalk McHugh - Short and garrulous in the way all Irish people are seen by English people. The master of the one liner, he will be with the group as long as we are good company but everybody will want to be his friend. Up for an Ulster Fry.

Apologies to those I have missed