Post a reply

6 Free Printable Snooker Training Tools

Postby CueAndMe

Hey, everyone. I've been working long and hard on a system that I'll be sharing in a few months that helped my game, but along the way, the necessity to have precision tools for testing the system led me to design what I'm posting about here.

But these 6 tools are not only for testing. They're for precision practice. I really think they could sharpen anyone's game from beginner to pro.

I wanted them to be available to everyone everywhere, and they should print easily and accurately no matter where in the world you are or what paper size is standard in your area. If you have any trouble printing them accurately, let me know.

Downloads and full instructions are on my new website:

https://cueandme.com/

On the site I have versions designed for snooker-sized balls (52.5mm) as well as pool-sized balls (57.15mm) and carom-sized balls (61.5mm).

Just be sure to choose the snooker download.

That's about it for now. I hope you find the tools useful. Let me know how you make out with them. Leave me feedback so that I can make future versions better.

Thank you!

Jeff

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: 6 Free Printable Snooker Training Tools

Postby CueAndMe

Hey, BADSNOOKERPLAYER. Thanks for checking it out and noticing how much went into the project. Probably a couple thousand hours and counting for the tools along with the system I'll be sharing in a few months that helped my game.

For anyone who is confused about what the tools can do, here are descriptions of what each tools does. I also just edited some of the instructions on the website to make them a little easier to understand. I would have posted pictures of the tools in use, but for some reason the forum post editor won't let me. But they're on the website.

The golf tee or ball guards are options to keep us honest about the shot angle we're actually playing. If you choose to use them, they guard the edges of the cue ball's path, leaving only about 0.5mm space on either side of the cue ball to pass through. Not easy!

Frangle Rock: an aiming reference. The most common aims, angles and ball fractions are displayed on Throtractor, RotoThrotractor, The Gauntlet, and RotoThroBro. But Frangle Rock is more complete with an additional 32 reference shots. The large circle represents the object ball. The object ball equator’s 42 curves show where the left or right edge of the cue ball should be aimed for each corresponding shot angle and ball fraction. Use Frangle Rock as both a visual and data reference when setting up practice shots with Throtractor or RotoThrotractor. Note that the angles listed are the theoretical “throwless” angles for each ball fraction.

Throtractor: a tool for precision marking of repeatable practice shot setups. It measures angles, incorporates ball fractions, and compensates for the effects of throw.

PortaGuards: optional tools for use with Throtractor that are designed for precision marking of obstacles placed along the edges of the cue ball’s path.

RotoThrotractor: an adjustable protractor that measures angles, incorporates ball fractions, and compensates for the effects of throw. Pool, snooker, or billiard balls are to be placed and played directly upon this tool. It is designed to be connected to either The Gauntlet or RotoThroBro.

The Gauntlet: designed to sharpen stroke, sighting, and aiming by offering visual guides as well as optional obstacles placed along the edges of the cue ball and cue shaft paths. Connect it to RotoThrotractor for precise shot angle practice. Pool, snooker, or billiard balls are placed and played directly upon this tool.

RotoThroBro: essentially The Gauntlet without the visual guides or obstacles. Connect it to RotoThrotractor for precise shot angle practice. Pool, snooker, or billiard balls are placed and played directly upon this tool.

Re: 6 Free Printable Snooker Training Tools

Postby TheSaviour

Stuart Bingham also could do with something like this in order not to look so scary and nasty while aiming a sitter.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Or is it that his newly boosted and found confidence will help him to get rid of that completely and keeping it (a quality winning percentages but not too quality) going on? Hopefully he will keep it going. But every opportunity is a new one, just ask from Stuart about that. He looked like a man of a mission against Stephen Maguire, and the more I think about it the more wrong it is.