Post a reply

What does Jack lack?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Jack Lisowskihas been progressing to the later stages of tournaments far more frequently over the last year. He appears to have everything when I have watched him play.

So, what does Jack need to do to win his first ranking event?

Is it more practice, psychology etc etc...?

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby TheSaviour

He´s fluent.

And Gary Wilson is looking an extremely, extremely good currently. Perfect body language as well, if there ever has been a one. Could and will do some further damage.

But here´s the news:

McGill aint human or REALLY existing (anymore).

Mark Williams
Kyren Wilson
Ronnie O´Sullivan
Matthew Stevens
Graeme Dott
Mark Selby
John Higgins
Jimmy White
Peter Ebdon
Judd Trump
Mark King
Fergal O´Brien
Mark Allen
Stephen Maguire
at least.. Er.

- all are having the same problem. They are having the same massive problem; they don´t wan´t to fool the people. They have a hurry. As well as krrhmm, a few other people from the krrrrmmh one other nation also.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 11 Oct 2018, edited 5 times in total.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Ronnie79

TheSaviour wrote:He´s fluent.

And Gary Wilson is looking an extremely, extremely good currently. Perfect body language as well, if there ever has been a one. Could and will do some further damage.

But here´s the news:

McGill aint human or REALLY existing (anymore).

Mark Williams
Kyren Wilson
Ronnie O´Sullivan
Jimmy White
Peter Ebdon
- all are having the same problem. They are having the same massive problem; they don´t wan´t to fool the people. They have a hurry. As well as krrhmm, a few other people from the krrrrmmh one other nation also.


What the he'll are you talking about ?.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby TheRocket

Stop missing so many sitters which is a sign of weak concentration level and even though I like fast und fluent players he shouldnt rush his shots and allow himself a little bit more thinking time.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby SnookerFan

The mental toughness? Confidence? Determination?

That extra something that helps you maximise talent on the match table.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Oh Jackie you perfect dream boy.

You lack for nothing. Don't listen to them.


:limp:

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Bottle. That's what makes the difference at the very top. Some are just tougher than others.

Selbo and Higgins are the strongest ever in this department, no matter how hard Hendry fans try to deny it.
That doesn't take anything away from Hendry, cause he was also great.
ROS is also very strong, even though some don't like to admit it.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:Bottle. That's what makes the difference at the very top. Some are just tougher than others.

Selbo and Higgins are the strongest ever in this department, no matter how hard Hendry fans try to deny it.
That doesn't take anything away from Hendry, cause he was also great.
ROS is also very strong, even though some don't like to admit it.

All thoes players you mention ha bottle in spades.


I Think until you win it takes a special player to believe they are the greatest Hendry and ROS as soon as they turned pro believed it Selby and Higgins arent as Natrually confident people they have self doubt sometimes and Jack just lacks a title to ruber stamp his beliefs.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:Bottle. That's what makes the difference at the very top. Some are just tougher than others.

Selbo and Higgins are the strongest ever in this department, no matter how hard Hendry fans try to deny it.
That doesn't take anything away from Hendry, cause he was also great.
ROS is also very strong, even though some don't like to admit it.


I think you're underestimating Hendrys toughness. And overestimating Selby and Higgins. I'm not saying they're not tough. But some people act they are like untouchable.

For instance, I'm pretty sure that Selbys well known tactics would have never affected Hendry the way it did with Ronnie. It would have even spurred him on. Hendry wasn't frightened of any opponent and neither Higgins or Selby would have scared him.

Lets look at Mark Williams. He doesn't make a big deal of Selbys or Higgins "toughness" or bottle and unsurprisingly he has beaten Higgins and Selby in a lot of big and close matches. Just recently in a World final.

In other words. In terms of bottle Hendry and Williams are not any inferior to Selby and Higgins. And when it comes to raw ability as a player they are superior.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby chengdufan

Sleep and diet. Getting the right amount of sleep and eating and drinking the right things makes a massive amount of difference to how well someone can concentrate over a day of snooker. Natural ability can only get you so far.

Sleep 8 hours, have a pasta salad. Play 4 frames, take a break and eat some fruit. Play another 4 frames. Celebrate your wonderful day's play by going out and getting blind drunk. Have a meat donner kebab to round off the night. After 4 hours' sleep, get up and try to stave off the hangover by having a massive burger and chips. Head back to the snooker club for the rematch and play 8 frames straight.
Let me know how it goes.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Bottle. That's what makes the difference at the very top. Some are just tougher than others.

Selbo and Higgins are the strongest ever in this department, no matter how hard Hendry fans try to deny it.
That doesn't take anything away from Hendry, cause he was also great.
ROS is also very strong, even though some don't like to admit it.


I think you're underestimating Hendrys toughness. And overestimating Selby and Higgins. I'm not saying they're not tough. But some people act they are like untouchable.

For instance, I'm pretty sure that Selbys well known tactics would have never affected Hendry the way it did with Ronnie. It would have even spurred him on. Hendry wasn't frightened of any opponent and neither Higgins or Selby would have scared him.

Lets look at Mark Williams. He doesn't make a big deal of Selbys or Higgins "toughness" or bottle and unsurprisingly he has beaten Higgins and Selby in a lot of big and close matches. Just recently in a World final.

In other words. In terms of bottle Hendry and Williams are not any inferior to Selby and Higgins. And when it comes to raw ability as a player they are superior.


What confuses some is the way they play.....Hendry would have never gone down the Higgins and Selby route of coming back where they play safety to get in Hendry potted his way out of trouble to be able to play his style you could argue that has more Bottle to be able to do that.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Sleep and diet. Getting the right amount of sleep and eating and drinking the right things makes a massive amount of difference to how well someone can concentrate over a day of snooker. Natural ability can only get you so far.

Sleep 8 hours, have a pasta salad. Play 4 frames, take a break and eat some fruit. Play another 4 frames. Celebrate your wonderful day's play by going out and getting blind drunk. Have a meat donner kebab to round off the night. After 4 hours' sleep, get up and try to stave off the hangover by having a massive burger and chips. Head back to the snooker club for the rematch and play 8 frames straight.
Let me know how it goes.


rofl rofl

Don't forget eating Minstrels and Wine Gums during the final.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
What confuses some is the way they play.....Hendry would have never gone down the Higgins and Selby route of coming back where they play safety to get in Hendry potted his way out of trouble to be able to play his style you could argue that has more Bottle to be able to do that.


Exactly. Thats my point. Hendry never cared who he played. May it be a tactican like Steve Davis or a rapid breakbuilder like Ronnie O'Sullivan. He had a clear philosophy and way of playing and was never guided by his opponent or their syle of play. Their toughness or whatever. This is what you call bottle.

He was mentally too tough to let Selby or Higgins get to him with their matchplay.

But Ronnie isn't. When he plays Higgins in particular he never plays his natural free-flowing game cuz he doesn't treat him as a normal or just another opponent. He plays like he would normally never do. Slow, negative, avoding any risk. Because his head tells him he has to do this.

For me thats pretty much a sign of mental weakness and lack of bottle. I even say this as a ROS supporter.

He's still one of the best in terms of bottle and toughness of course. But I definitely rate Hendry,Selby and Higgins above him in that department.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby TheRocket

Back to topic though. Jack Lisowski certainly has the ability to do well in this sport. And I can see him having similar success to someone like Marco Fu for instance. Maybe even better.

But the amount of sitters he keeps missing is quite worrying. I don't know if its weak concentration level. Or the fact he plays so quick and rushes. But thats pretty much the biggest weakness I see in his game so far.

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Iranu

Hendry, Davis and to an extent Ronnie don't need quite as much bottle as Higgins and Selby because they were/are that much better than their peers.

Higgins and Selby are not the single best player of their generations (though Higgins probably has the best all-tound game) but they've compensated for that by having, I think, more bottle than anyone else in their field.

That's not to discredit the other three because of course they have loads of bottle. Just not quite as much as Higgins and Selby because quite simply because they haven't needed it.

Or maybe I'm talking bullocks again. :chin:

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Hendry, Davis and to an extent Ronnie don't need quite as much bottle as Higgins and Selby because they were/are that much better than their peers.

Higgins and Selby are not the single best player of their generations (though Higgins probably has the best all-tound game) but they've compensated for that by having, I think, more bottle than anyone else in their field.

That's not to discredit the other three because of course they have loads of bottle. Just not quite as much as Higgins and Selby because quite simply because they haven't needed it.


:goodpost:

Re: What does Jack lack?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Hendry, Davis and to an extent Ronnie don't need quite as much bottle as Higgins and Selby because they were/are that much better than their peers.

Higgins and Selby are not the single best player of their generations (though Higgins probably has the best all-tound game) but they've compensated for that by having, I think, more bottle than anyone else in their field.

That's not to discredit the other three because of course they have loads of bottle. Just not quite as much as Higgins and Selby because quite simply because they haven't needed it.

Or maybe I'm talking bullocks again. :chin:


I understand your point.

What you say Hendry, Davis and ROS won many matches by crushimg their opponents, especially the Hendry and ROS, and thats why they werent under too much pressure that often cause they were and are that good.

This isnt to say they dont carry loads of bottle because they do, but Selby anc Higgins are a cut above the rest.