Post a reply

Who do you rate as a greater player?

Jimmy White
38%
Peter Ebdon
62%

Total votes : 13

Re: Who do you rate as the greater player?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie79 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Has to be - begrudgingly - Ebdon IMO for he has conquered the World

Nonsense so that makes Joe Johnson a better player than Jimmy ?

No - I think you have missed the point a little.

Jimmy and Ebdon have won the same amount of rankers with Ebdon winning the worlds amongst them.

Johnson has not won as many rankers so your logic is slightly off.

As it goes, I don't believe that Johnson is or was a better player than White. In terms of records though it would be interesting (to me) to know if Jimmy would trade his career stats for Joe's. I suspect that he might.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Both of them were 17-17 with Hendry in a World final.

Only one went 18-17.

Actually both ended 18-17 haha

rofl rofl True.

You know what I meant.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Has to be - begrudgingly - Ebdon IMO for he has conquered the World

Jimmy and Ebdon have won the same amount of rankers with Ebdon winning the worlds amongst them.

As it goes, I don't believe that Johnson is or was a better player than White. In terms of records though it would be interesting (to me) to know if Jimmy would trade his career stats for Joe's. I suspect that he might.

He has stated he wouldn't swap his career for anyone's. To be fair to the guy, regardless of what happened, he still had a fine career

Postby Ronnie79

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

He has stated he wouldn't swap his career for anyone's. To be fair to the guy, regardless of what happened, he still had a fine career

No I did not miss the point at all maybe you did. I was pointing out winning one world championship more than another player does not make you a better player. Do you get the point now ?.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:No I did not miss the point at all maybe you did. I was pointing out winning one world championship more than another player does not make you a better player. Do you get the point now ?.

I don't.

Can you explain it again?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie79 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

No I did not miss the point at all maybe you did. I was pointing out winning one world championship more than another player does not make you a better player. Do you get the point now ?.

Don't make a pin end of yourself mate.

I was kind of agreeing with you but trying to explain the point of the thread was whether Ebdon's achievement's outstripped Whites in terms of rankers. I believed that they did hence used 'IMO'.

You seem like a very angry individual - I hope things work out better for you in the future.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Even though Jimmy was a better player IMO, I cannot think of one relevant statistic in which he comes off better than Ebdon.

I think that is an oxymoron but I am not sure.

Like I said, Jimmy has more talent but Ebdon works much harder.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Even though Jimmy was a better player IMO, I cannot think of one relevant statistic in which he comes off better than Ebdon.

I think that is an oxymoron but I am not sure.

Like I said, Jimmy has more talent but Ebdon works much harder.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:It’s close but I think Jimmy shades it. Both at their peak, Jimmy would win.

Yea but at his peak the likes of Terry Griffiths could beat him because of the style of player he was.